[1.7.3] DCK v0.4.1.0 - 42 Custom Part Textures, Rims, Transparent Aircraft Armor and other goodies for KSP [Stock and many mods supported][10/21/2019]]

DoctorDavinci

WWII Camo please, like the desert camo shown a few posts above or the usual camo that is seen miostly on british planes:

th?id=OIP.dTMQLPgE7w0g96KM-rPnmQEsDT&pid=15.1&P=0&w=240&h=170 And the 4th window in the pic below.

On 9/21/2017 at 11:47 PM, SuicidalInsanity said:

jEGr93s.png

Hi all

Another DCK update is incoming ... https://github.com/DoctorDavinci/DCK/releases/tag/0.2.7

KSP v1.3.1 Compatibility
Added 8 additional camo textures
Major reduction in texture file sizes

Please note- Additional camo textures for BDMk22, Quiztech, BDAc's M1 Abrams turret and SM_AFV's AFV radar did not make it into this update as this update was pushed to be ready for the BAD T3 tournament. Placeholder camo textures have been implemented for the time being ... proper textures will be added come next DCK update

Enjoy :)

6 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

But why no pics?

No pics, no clicks :P

You seem to think that I made DCK for everyone else and looking to get clicks or recognition for my efforts ... you are mistaken

I made DCK for myself and it was a friend of mine who mentioned that the KSP community might enjoy using what I had made

If you don't want to click because there are no pics then so be it ... I couldn't care less

2 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

You seem to think that I made DCK for everyone else and looking to get clicks or recognition for my efforts ... you are mistaken

Oh come on! Of course I didn't think that!

What I meant by that is that users won't be able to see all the camo types if they don't know what color/design the camo is.

But never in the whole wide world would I EVER think that someone is making a mod for clicks :)

Apology for typing it in a way that might seem rude...

Edited by Murican_Jeb
Apology for that other post I made

Hey nice mod I really enjoy it but I don't know if anyone has this but the aerodynamic nose cone (1.25 rocket part) don't have the new textures. And the black camo and sand camo are still swapped. see my post page 4 for this.

52 minutes ago, Arvolder said:

Hey nice mod I really enjoy it but I don't know if anyone has this but the aerodynamic nose cone (1.25 rocket part) don't have the new textures. And the black camo and sand camo are still swapped. see my post page 4 for this.

thanks for bringing this to my attention ... both issues will be fixed in the next release :)

It's best to raise an issue on DCK's github tracker so things don't get buried like they do here

Some solid colours I've been working on.

Zinc Chromate Olive: a primer they use(d) inside military airplanes.

vwBLcGZ.png

Bullitt Mustang Green: From the famous 1968 movie Bullitt. Naturally I chose my '68 Mustang for this colour. It's not solid though, needs some work. I wanted to have a pseudo-metallic effect but apparently that can only be done with shaders.

There's something wrong with the fuel cells though, the colour comes out much darker. You can see a fuel cell next to the headlight.

cPAKCIH.png

General Lee Orange. I used "official" RGB values. Strangely enough it comes out more like a dark pink. Needs work.

0lrbEpJ.png

Midnight Blue. I guess it's not bad.

AUfyx96.png

I also looked at the M1 wheel texture. Ehm ... I won't touch it with Paint.net. If GIMP has a radial brush tool I might try that.

Edited by Azimech

4 hours ago, Azimech said:

I also looked at the M1 wheel texture. Ehm ... I won't touch it with Paint.net. If GIMP has a radial brush tool I might try that.

Gimp has quite a bit of brushes although I don't use it

I use Macromedia Fireworks which was bought a number of years ago by corel and thrown into Photoshop .... but Gimp will do the same

You can also use paint.net which is quite lightweight and has some powerful features as well as able to edit and save .dds

Edited by DoctorDavinci

On 10/14/2017 at 11:56 PM, eorin said:

Nice mod! Are stock fairings paintable in some way?

Unfortunately not yet, I had a way to do it back when I made my SR-71, I lost the script somewhere and it might not work anymore anyway. You can always copy the fairing dds image from Squads parts folder, make it black, then point the faring.cfg at it. You might wan't NEBULA decals as well, I had to make some custom ones to get the look right.

8dfjiI4.png

Your SR-71 is better than mine so it should look wicked!

Edited by selfish_meme

2 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

Unfortunately not yet, I had a way to do it back when I made my SR-71, I lost the script somewhere and it might not work anymore anyway. You can always copy the fairing dds image from Squads parts folder, make it black, then point the faring.cfg at it. You might wan't NEBULA decals as well, I had to make some custom ones to get the look right.

8dfjiI4.png

Okay, never looked at it before but that's an easy addition to the config for version 2.8

@Azimech @SpannerMonkey(smce) @DoctorDavinci , @linuxgurugamer found @Thomas P.'s old fairing switcher mod download here https://www.dropbox.com/s/slbp4ir4q9myc4f/FairingTextureSwitch.zip?dl=0

Here is the old bit of MM code that actually does the switch, it would need to be updated to the current version

MODULE
{
	name = FairingTextureSwitch
	allowSwitchInFlight = false  // Should the texture be switchable in Flight-Mode?
	nextIsVisible = true  // Should the user see a "Next Texture"-button
	previousIsVisible = false  // Should the user see a "Previous Texture"-button
	allowSwitchOnEVA = true  // Should the texture be switchable in EVA-Mode (independent from "allowSwitchInFlight")
	defaultName = Default  // Name of the SQUAD-FairingTexture
	Textures
	{
		Black = example/Black  // Texture named "Black"
		Pink = example/Pink  // Texture named "Pink"
		Green = example/Green  // Texture named "Green"
	}
}

@5thHorseman once wrote a bit of MM code in a thread  that enabled this without the dll, but that was in the previous forum software and I can't get to it anymore

3 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

@5thHorseman once wrote a bit of MM code in a thread  that enabled this without the dll, but that was in the previous forum software and I can't get to it anymore

(copied from another post, as I was pinged twice on this same topic)

Here's the config. It's quite simple.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]
	{
		@TextureURL = 00_Mine/fairings_smooth
	}
}

Of course, you may need to change that path and will need a png, dds, or whatever image file to go with it. I used a fairing texture from procedural fairings, from what I recall. I won't distribute because I can't be bothered to look up their licensing :D

(This was from about a year ago, so for all I know it won't work anymore, but it probably will)

On 10/14/2017 at 8:56 AM, eorin said:

Nice mod! Are stock fairings paintable in some way?

Not at this point but it is being worked on

@selfish_meme - Looks fairly straight forward and can likely be incorporated into DCK's code ... License is MIT so all is good

To all:
I'm currently working on a major DCK update that brings 9 camo patterns by @SpannerMonkey(smce) and 15 solid colors selected by @Azimech as well as some additional M1 tires by @Wrench Head ... Still a little ways off before it is ready for release but it's looking pretty good so far

... Please stand by :wink:

Might I make a suggestion? Yes? Coolio.

So if you're a F1 fan, you'll know of the team Red Bull Racing. Dominant from 2009 to 2013 (Winning 4 straight Drivers and Constructors championships), RBR was the dominant force in F1. In 2014, they unleashed a new livery for testing. The Dazzlecamo. A white and black collection of horizontal trapezoids and random lines, attempting to distract competitors and hide key aerodynamic parts on their car. This is my suggestion. A Dazzlecam livery.

9 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Might I make a suggestion? Yes? Coolio.

So if you're a F1 fan, you'll know of the team Red Bull Racing. Dominant from 2009 to 2013 (Winning 4 straight Drivers and Constructors championships), RBR was the dominant force in F1. In 2014, they unleashed a new livery for testing. The Dazzlecamo. A white and black collection of horizontal trapezoids and random lines, attempting to distract competitors and hide key aerodynamic parts on their car. This is my suggestion. A Dazzlecam livery.

yl1sZPG.jpg

It might not flow well

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.