[1.7.3] DCK v0.4.1.0 - 42 Custom Part Textures, Rims, Transparent Aircraft Armor and other goodies for KSP [Stock and many mods supported][10/21/2019]]

DoctorDavinci

The big snag with dazzle is that it's a non repeating camo.     DCK  needs repeating textures so it can be tiled , don't do it Doc!!   

To pull of Dazzle you need to plan for  it from moment 1, ie when you are building and texturing the model.  That's the only way to get the large color areas

Spoiler

tsgmmNM.png

1 hour ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Exactly! They can't shoot what they can't look at without getting a monster headache!

lol ... well I'm not all that sure I want to give users of DCK a headache let alone give one to myself setting it up

Edited by DoctorDavinci

Hi all

Another DCK update incoming .... https://github.com/DoctorDavinci/DCK/releases/tag/v0.2.8

Life, the universe and everything update

Added 25 textures (15 solid colors selected by Azimech, 9 camouflage selected by 
SpannerMonkey(smce) and 1 Waldo) making for a total of 42 textures
Added 2 more M1 rover wheel textures (Courtesy of Wrench Head)
Added KAX
Installation procedure restructuring to facilitate ease of installation

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

• Download DCK
  • Delete previous version before installation
  • Copy the DCK folder contained within the downloaded zip file to your KSP/GameData folder
  • Open the DCK folder and you will see some zip files ... These contain the MM configs and any customized textures for the corresponding mod (DCK_Stock, DCK_Wheels and DCKinc work right out of the box ... no need to extract them)
  • Right click and select 'Extract Here' or Extract All' and agree to everything for each mod you have installed that DCK covers ... it will put all the files that are needed where they need to be, nothing else need be done
  • Rinse and repeat
  • Profit
Enjoy :)
Edited by DoctorDavinci

31 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

hm, procedural Parts are not working for me with DCK. There are no DCK-Textures available for them.

Can you please add AirplanePlus?

Looks like I made a booboo with Proc Parts and KAX ... Seems I nested the configs and textures inside another directory

Will be fixed in the next release a few days from now after I finish with Airplane Plus :)

In the meantime you can do the following:

1- extract the archives then rename the directories created to something other than their current name

2- open renamed directory, right click on the folder contained within and copy it back a folder (reason why renaming was needed ... folder is named the same as the folder it is nested in)

3- Profit

Edited by DoctorDavinci

Thanks for your help, it works now.

I found another little issue with procedural parts: there are two buttons for next texture but no button for previous texture. Also the textures where not saved when saved the craft.

Edit: Texture-Switching for the Droptank does only work for the nosecone, not for the body.

Edited by Cheesecake

17 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Thanks for your help, it works now.

I found another little issue with procedural parts: there are two buttons for next texture but no button for previous texture.

This is due to some procedural parts having multiple meshes that call dor separate textures ... I removed the previous texture buttons so the menu isn't cluttered as some parts covered by DCK have upwards of 3 different textures per part

Also when switching textures it is best to use DCK Paintshop after you have built your craft as it switches textures on all parts at the same time ... DCK was formulated around this feature

22 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Also the textures where not saved when saved the craft.

I haven't had any issue with saving craft ... do you have any other texture switching mods installed?

KSP.log please :)

24 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Texture-Switching for the Droptank does only work for the nosecone, not for the body.

I'll take a look at that ... just refactored all of DCK to make installation less convoluted as it appears that my attempts to make things easier is just made it more confusing

Update should be ready in a day or so (including APP :wink:)

Hi all

So it seems my attempts to make things easier really didn't go so well and I had to go back and fix a bunch of stuff so as to ease any confusion

DCK fix incoming .... Now with Airplane Plus :wink:

https://github.com/DoctorDavinci/DCK/releases/tag/v0.2.9

Changed directory structure and installation method to bring less confusion to the installation of DCK
Added Airplane Plus

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1 Download DCK
2 Delete previous version before installation
3 Open the DCK zip download and you will see some folders nested inside the GameData folder ... These contain the MM configs and any customized textures for the corresponding mod
4 Copy each of the directories that correspond to the mods you have installed to your KSP/GameData directory (DCK_BDAc for BDAc, DCK_KAX for KAX etc...) ... PLEASE NOTE- DCK_Stock MUST BE INSTALLED in order for any of the other DCK add-ons to work
5 Profit

Enjoy :)

Edited by DoctorDavinci

5 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Ok, but why no installation like any other mod? Every mod in his own folder in GameData. Otherwise it will confuse some players.

It is installed like any other mod, the individual parts have been made easier to install and easier for me to keep track of what is what now that DCK has become quite large .... instead of having to go into the DCK folder to add more DCK add ons, all the DCK add ons are right in the GameData folder clearly labeled 'DCK_whateverthemod' which also groups all DCK add ons together in the folder list and provides the user the opportunity to not have to keep switching back and forth between the old DCK folder and GameData when installing or adding to DCK

DCK_Stock is required for any of the DCK add ons to work ... So it shall be written, so it shall be done

Hope this clarifies the issue :)

Edited by DoctorDavinci

2 hours ago, apFSds said:

How do i actually paint it?What button?

EDIT:Oh darn im blind.Sorry

DCK Paintshop ... The Icon is at the bottom right of the screen in the VAB/SPH

Or you can individually select every part and change them one by one but that can get time consuming ... DCK Paintshop is the way to go :wink:

Maybe compatibility with @SpannerMonkey(smce)'s SM Stryker Aerospace mod? Gotta have camos for those parts, especcialy the MiG parts.

I think there is already textures for that, but I didn't download it yet, so forgive me if all the parts already have DCK...

Edited by Murican_Jeb
Did I just forget the link?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.