[1.7.3] DCK v0.4.1.0 - 42 Custom Part Textures, Rims, Transparent Aircraft Armor and other goodies for KSP [Stock and many mods supported][10/21/2019]]

DoctorDavinci

It seems to create conflict with Procedural Parts. Whenever I launch a craft with Procedural Parts in it, their selected PP texture gets overridden and becomes white, but In the hangar they look normal. If I change their color to a DCK texture, it will display the DCK texture correctly.

To clarify: in the hangar both PP textures and DCK textures can be selected and display correctly, but on launch DCK gets priority. If no DCK texture is selected, PP texture is ignored and the part becomes white.

The log is throwing a bunch of errors: KSP.log

I'm using the Tidal-Stream branch of PP which is for KSP 1.4.3: https://github.com/Tidal-Stream/ProceduralParts/releases

Edited by Midnight Jade
Clarification

On 7/22/2018 at 4:48 PM, Midnight Jade said:

It seems to create conflict with Procedural Parts. Whenever I launch a craft with Procedural Parts in it, their selected PP texture gets overridden and becomes white, but In the hangar they look normal. If I change their color to a DCK texture, it will display the DCK texture correctly.

To clarify: in the hangar both PP textures and DCK textures can be selected and display correctly, but on launch DCK gets priority. If no DCK texture is selected, PP texture is ignored and the part becomes white.

The log is throwing a bunch of errors: KSP.log

I'm using the Tidal-Stream branch of PP which is for KSP 1.4.3: https://github.com/Tidal-Stream/ProceduralParts/releases

Errors found:

1 - [ERR 15:19:17.001] [ShipTemplate]: Could not locate root part in Tu-22M4 as 7 entries remain after eliminating all parts listed as children. This is probably wrong. .......... Not DCK doing this

2 - [ERR 15:19:17.008] Untitled Space Craft has no root part defined, aborting .......... Not DCK doing this

3 - [ERR 15:19:21.205] Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh. .......... This is an issue with the part, Not DCK doing this

4 - [WRN 15:19:21.400] [TweakScale Warning] No valid member found for surfaceArea in ModuleAeroSurface .......... Tweakscale error, Not DCK doing this

5 - [EXC 15:34:21.184] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object KSPWheel.KSPWheelDustEffects.OnDestroy () .......... KSPWheel error, Not DCK doing this

6 - [EXC 15:41:44.488] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KSP.UI.Screens.Flight.IVAEVACollapseGroups.onVesselChange (.Vessel v)
    KSP.UI.Screens.Flight.IVAEVACollapseGroups.onVesselWasModified (.Vessel v)
    EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
    ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:OnPartColliderChanged()
    BaseEvent:Invoke(BaseEventDetails)
    Part:SendEvent(String, BaseEventDetails, Int32)
    ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractShape:ColliderChanged()
    ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractShape:RaiseModelAndColliderChanged()
    ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractSoRShape:WriteMeshes(LinkedList`1)
    ProceduralParts.ProceduralShapeBezierCone:WriteShape()
    ProceduralParts.ProceduralShapeBezierCone:WriteBezier()
    ProceduralParts.ProceduralShapeBezierCone:UpdateShape(Boolean)
    ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractShape:OnUpdateEditor()
    ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:InitializeNodes()
    ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:DoInitialize()
    ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:OnInitialize()
    Part:InitializeModules()

ShipConstruct:LoadShip(ConfigNode, UInt32, Boolean, String&)
    ShipConstruct:LoadShip(ConfigNode, UInt32)
    ShipConstruct:LoadShip(ConfigNode)
    ShipConstruction:LoadShip(String)
    FlightDriver:setStartupNewVessel()
    FlightDriver:Start()

DCK is not causing any errors, it is tweakscale, the parts you are using (I suspect that it is proc parts) and proc parts is throwing errors all over the place ..... DCK is not the issue as all it does is switch the textures

What I suspect is going on is you have imported a craft from a previous version and since proc parts (the original) has been modified and you are using the modified version the errors you are encountering are from the proc parts you are using is not set up to use the older vessel that uses the old proc parts

TL;DR - You're using a version of procedural parts that is not backwards compatible with the craft you built using a previous version of procedural parts

Hope this helps :)

You are correct. As I update KSP I try to update mods and then migrate my crafts and do the necessary adjustments.

Unfortunately PP is not being updated too frequently on any branch. The only other one I can find is https://github.com/Starwaster/ProceduralParts/releases and it's so old. Is that the branch DCK works with?

My biggest fear is having to rebuild my crafts... I'll try that one and see what happens. Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Midnight Jade said:

You are correct. As I update KSP I try to update mods and then migrate my crafts and do the necessary adjustments.

Unfortunately PP is not being updated too frequently on any branch. The only other one I can find is https://github.com/Starwaster/ProceduralParts/releases and it's so old. Is that the branch DCK works with?

My biggest fear is having to rebuild my crafts... I'll try that one and see what happens. Thanks.

Honestly procedural parts going through different hands and having changes made to it means proc parts is likely not going to work correctly with DCK, and as evidenced by your log, likely proc parts won't work with craft built with previous versions of proc parts

Only suggestion I have is speak to the modder that released the version of proc parts you are using and see if they are willing to fix this issue

Not much I can do about it ... let alone I'm not interested in making new configs for different branches of proc parts

Edited by DoctorDavinci

Yeah... I installed that old version of PP and still got the same problem with a part becoming white if no DCK texture has been chosen. Asides from that all the other functions of PP works just fine so I guess the version doesn't matter at least for the shape.

As for the texture I think what I'm going to do is just add the texture I want from PP into DCK. It's just a stock fuselage-looking texture but it's so seamless that I now use it all the time. If you're wondering why I like it so much take a look it's this one: https://spacedock.info/mod/1301/W3 Fuselage Texture

I looked into the config files and it seems pretty straight forward. Actually the structure reminds of an old mod that did a similar thing. I think it was Firespitter.

1 hour ago, Midnight Jade said:

Yeah... I installed that old version of PP and still got the same problem with a part becoming white if no DCK texture has been chosen. Asides from that all the other functions of PP works just fine so I guess the version doesn't matter at least for the shape.

As for the texture I think what I'm going to do is just add the texture I want from PP into DCK. It's just a stock fuselage-looking texture but it's so seamless that I now use it all the time. If you're wondering why I like it so much take a look it's this one: https://spacedock.info/mod/1301/W3 Fuselage Texture

I looked into the config files and it seems pretty straight forward. Actually the structure reminds of an old mod that did a similar thing. I think it was Firespitter.

DCK is based off of firespitter .... look in the proc parts mm config in DCK/MMConfigs, find the part that is doing this and change the first texture entry to whatever texture you want to use ... follows the same format as firespitter texture switching

25 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

DCK is based off of firespitter .... look in the proc parts mm config in DCK/MMConfigs, find the part that is doing this and change the first texture entry to whatever texture you want to use ... follows the same format as firespitter texture switching

Got it. Thank you very much :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
20 hours ago, Triop said:

Yeah well, we all need some colour in our life... &)

Yes, that we do

With that in mind I have updated the download with refreshed MM configs courtesy of everyone's favorite monkey :wink:

I did not update the version as it's only configs ...

https://github.com/DoctorDavinci/DCK/releases/tag/v0.4.1.0

I wont be diving into DCK anytime soon as OrX Kontinuum is taking up my time at the moment but intend to rebuild DCK from the ground up like I have been doing with OrX

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, AtomicBlastPony said:

Some AirplanesPlus parts are now completely white when set to stock texture.

This would be due to the caretaker of Airplane Plus changing the texture names as there was no issue before KSP v1.4

Procedural Parts don't have the option to change texture

Which Procedural parts version, there are a few versions by different modders out there ... DCK's compatibility with Proc Parts was from before KSP v1.4 so likely what has happened is whatever version of Proc Parts you are using has either had code changed, names changed etc.....

Texture resolution is greatly decreased, it's like 1/8th of the stock resolution.

I'm not seeing this problem ... what resolution is your game set up at?

The textures in DCK show up quite nicely in 1080p

On 12/19/2019 at 10:42 PM, DoctorDavinci said:

I'm not seeing this problem ... what resolution is your game set up at?

The textures in DCK show up quite nicely in 1080p

iZ4u9xG.png

I think you see the problem now. I'm playing in 4k on max graphics settings.

EDIT: Also, only the caged cockpit from AirplanesPlus seems to be affected by the white texture thing, other parts work fine.
I'm using the version of Procedural Parts that's on CKAN.

EDIT2: Checked out the files. Yep, the textures do come in that resolution, it's not the game's issue. Maybe the archive (or GitHub) compresses them?

EDIT3: Procedural Parts seem to work. I'm an idiot. I thought procedural wings were part of that mod, they aren't, they're from B9.

EDIT4: Apparently I had v0.4.0.0 installed, even though I downloaded it yesterday... strange. Trying out the new version... nope, same issues. It really has the low res textures in the pack by default, 256x256 compared to vanilla's 1024x1024.

EDIT5: It also overrides Procedural Parts textures when you launch the aircraft, even though the editor shows the texture selected last, and even if you select a stock texture...  *sigh*

Edited by AtomicBlastPony

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.