[1.7.3] DCK v0.4.1.0 - 42 Custom Part Textures, Rims, Transparent Aircraft Armor and other goodies for KSP [Stock and many mods supported][10/21/2019]]

DoctorDavinci

Hi all

Just released another update for DCK .......

- Integrated texture switching into DCK ... no more Firespitter required - #6
- Fixed textures being out of order on symmetrically placed parts when using DCK Paintshop to switch the textures of all the parts at once (courtesy of @TheDog) - #9
- Added DCK Armor - An armor version of DCK Paintshop to switch the texture between transparent and invisible on all armor panels at once (Button is beside DCK Paintshop)
- Fixed J-101 Kitty (still needs balancing?)
- Added switchable textures on YCSM Stealth Coating parts

Enjoy :)

https://github.com/DoctorDavinci/DCK/releases/tag/v0.2.1

2 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

It probably does but there are no guarantees ... use in 1.2.2 at your own risk

Alrighty then, I'm going to try it out.

Also, can I add my own camo textures?

Edited by njmksr

19 hours ago, njmksr said:

Also, can I add my own camo textures?

Sure ... that is if you want to spend many hours creating custom textures for each part in KSP

Took me a few weeks of constant work to get the textures done, take a look in the camo directory in DCK ... have at it :rolleyes:

Edited by DoctorDavinci

5 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Sure ... that is if you want to spend many hours creating custom textures for each part in KSP

Took me a few weeks of constant work to get the textures done, take a look in the camo directory in DCK ... have at it :rolleyes:

What about modded parts that use stock textures?

5 minutes ago, njmksr said:

What about modded parts that use stock textures?

Hi, You can make it work for any part, BUT you have to have the correct object name (which is not always the part name) , the correct texture path, etc etc. The reference being the part not the texture, where the texture comes from is irrelevant as long as paths are correct. 

The best way to apply any texture switching is right at the time of part creation, when all materials scenes and refs are nicely together, and is now the only way i work.

Getting the object name can be done in several ways,  open the .mu with notepad++ and check the second or third block of human readable text,  Use sarbians debug stuff to reveal all the transforms and labels, collideoscope does a similar thing, or open the unity scene if you have it available.  Worth noting that he process usually involves (if you don't have the scene) a fair bit of mild frustration :)

Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, You can make it work for any part, BUT you have to have the correct object name (which is not always the part name) , the correct texture path, etc etc. The reference being the part not the texture, where the texture comes from is irrelevant as long as paths are correct. 

The best way to apply any texture switching is right at the time of part creation, when all materials scenes and refs are nicely together, and is now the only way i work.

Getting the object name can be done in several ways,  open the .mu with notepad++ and check the second or third block of human readable text,  Use sarbians debug stuff to reveal all the transforms and labels, collideoscope does a similar thing, or open the unity scene if you have it available.  Worth noting that he process usually involves (if you don't have the scene) a fair bit of mild frustration :)

Duly noted. 

Would there be any other way to apply a grey texture to all the areas on my craft re-using stock textures?

1 minute ago, njmksr said:

Would there be any other way to apply a grey texture to all the areas on my craft re-using stock textures?

Doubtful as unless a model is specifically mapped to texture X it's unlikely that anything would line up. Which is of course how people do it, grab stock texture, make model, arrange uvs  to fit stock texture,  then use model and texture nodes to pull the texture your parts are mapped to, once  you've gone that far though, a texture switch is easy stuff. There are of course quick and dirty ways to get what you want done, but if you want to go with camo, you will NEED a decent UV layout otherwise the camo looks like poop :) all stretched, distorted and misaligned

42 minutes ago, njmksr said:

Does it work for modded parts using stock textures, though?

Directions on the tin say Stock, SM_AFVs, BDAc and BDMk22

If you are using a mod that is not listed above then the texture switching will not work on those parts as there needs to be an MM patch created for each part of the mod in question

If you have a mod in mind that you'd like to have the texture switch from DCK work for then let me know and I'll take a look

Edited by DoctorDavinci

2 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Directions on the tin say Stock, SM_AFVs, BDAc and BDMk22

If you are using a mod that is not listed above then the texture switching will not work on those parts as there needs to be an MM patch created for each part of the mod in question

If you have a mod in mind that you'd like to have the texture switch from DCK work for then let me know and I'll take a look

Could you do B9PWings, SXT, Quiztech and/or Red Vs Blue Continued?

You don't have to do 'em all. I understand that these things take time and I'd be happy if even one gets done.

Can KSP support animated textures? That would work for active camo. Put little camera modules on vehicles and the active camo paint displays what the cameras see on the side of the vehicle opposite the camera. One would need a very high end computer to process that.

Another way would be to just paint an animated ground texture to the top side of an aircraft and a sky texture to the bottom. For some extra fun, patterns like the JAM in the Yukikaze anime.

Hi all

I have made a few updates to DCK .......

Added texture switching to BDAc armor panels
Fixed mismatched black texture on Shuttle Wings - Black textures are now the same tone
Additional minor texture tweaks

https://github.com/DoctorDavinci/DCK/releases/tag/v0.2.3

Currently I am entertaining the idea of adding a form of energy shields or deflector shield arrays ... Still considering the ways in which they could be implemented but I'm confident it is doable within the confines of the current system

Please Stand by :)

1 minute ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Hi all

Re this , it should be noted that there's an anomaly in the BDA armor panel set, the 1x1 panel has a very different texture density than the other panels, this shows itself in the 1x1 texture being much smaller than that on the other panels.  Now fixed just needs pushing up to whoever builds next. I'll send you a fixed version.

8 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Hi all

I have made a few updates to DCK .......

Added texture switching to BDAc armor panels
Fixed mismatched black texture on Shuttle Wings - Black textures are now the same tone
Additional minor texture tweaks

https://github.com/DoctorDavinci/DCK/releases/tag/v0.2.3

Currently I am entertaining the idea of adding a form of energy shields or deflector shield arrays ... Still considering the ways in which they could be implemented but I'm confident it is doable within the confines of the current system

Please Stand by :)

Energy shields ??? my dream comes true for space battles !!!Thank you)))

Hi all

Yet another DCK update incoming :wink: ...

Added Mk2 Expansion with DCK Paintshop integration
Added BADT Props
Integrated DCK Armor into DCK Paintshop 
FAR compatibility - config provided as separate download at the same link as DCK

https://github.com/DoctorDavinci/DCK/releases/tag/v0.2.4

DCK also is now compatible with FAR by making the armor invisible to FAR's aero calculations ... see the above github download link where I have made available the config file that needs to be placed into FAR's directory (overwrite the one contained within)

Enjoy :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.