[1.7.3] DCK v0.4.1.0 - 42 Custom Part Textures, Rims, Transparent Aircraft Armor and other goodies for KSP [Stock and many mods supported][10/21/2019]]

DoctorDavinci

Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

It's mostly done in house already , next beta will include the patches with the latest DCK paths 

Alrighty, thanks man.

Spoiler

Sorry for giving you a bit of a headache today :blush:

Am I right to assume this mod doesn't work with B9 Procedural Wings? This mods looks really promising for extensive community support. Would die for the day that we can make custom packs and possibly custom skins for specific crafts, though quite frankly the texture quality does irk me from using the mod extensively for the time being. Not to mention that I'm still using in 1.2.2, but not for long, now that a mod like this exist.

On 11/3/2017 at 7:50 AM, Supergamervictor said:

Am I right to assume this mod doesn't work with B9 Procedural Wings? This mods looks really promising for extensive community support. Would die for the day that we can make custom packs and possibly custom skins for specific crafts, though quite frankly the texture quality does irk me from using the mod extensively for the time being. Not to mention that I'm still using in 1.2.2, but not for long, now that a mod like this exist.

Unfortunately B9 is not supported at this time

As for DCK on KSP v1.2.2 ... there is only 1 version of DCK that works as advertised on the tin and that is DCK v0.2.5

KSP versions prior to KSP v1.3 are not supported so it is a use at your own risk (I compiled it as a favor with the stipulation that there is no support for it)

Here's the link to the 1.2.2 compatible version: <LINK REMOVED>

Be advised that DCK Wheels is not included nor some of the mod support that is available in later versions (upgrade to KSP v1.3 if you wish to take advantage of the additional supported mods)

Edited by DoctorDavinci

2 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Unfortunately B9 is not supported at this time

As for DCK on KSP v1.2.2 ... there is only 1 version of DCK that works as advertised on the tin and that is DCK v0.2.5

KSP versions prior to KSP v1.3 are not supported so it is a use at your own risk (I compiled it as a favor with the stipulation that there is no support for it)

Here's the link to the 1.2.2 compatible version: https://github.com/DoctorDavinci/DCK/releases/download/v0.2.5/KSP.v1.2.2.-.DCK.v0.2.5.zip

Be advised that DCK Wheels is not included nor some of the mod support that is available in later versions (upgrade to KSP v1.3 if you wish to take advantage of the additional supported mods)

Thanks! May I ask how the textures are made? I would like to take a shot at making my own if it's accessible enough for non-modders.

Just now, Agustin said:

Can I install this if I already have installed InterstellarFuelSwitch and BackInBlack?

Hi there are no known issues from using DCK  with other element switching plugins. However the use of one texture switch plugin per craft is strongly recommended, this prevents issues with textures being scrambled on craft saving and reload.

2 hours ago, Supergamervictor said:

Thanks! May I ask how the textures are made? I would like to take a shot at making my own if it's accessible enough for non-modders.

The textures used in DCK are created in and app called Fireworks, but any decent paint app will do,  for best results the size of the switched texture should be the same  size as the original.  

The hardest part of the whole process, is finding the mesh names for the parts that you want to switch. These can be found either by opening the .mu in notepad++ or in game using sarbians "Debug stuff". 

Some familiarity with part cfgs and part modules would certainly make your life easier , but  DoctorDavinci didn't know how to make a texture switch patch 6 months ago, so there's no reason that you should have too much difficulty. 

Be aware that mesh switching parts can be extremely difficult to get working with texture switching.

1 hour ago, Agustin said:

Can I install this if I already have installed InterstellarFuelSwitch and BackInBlack?

Yes, you can install them but I recommend to not use BIB as having multiple texture switching part modules on a part can and likely will cause conflicts .... BIB will most likely cause conflicts with craft saves

Also, BIB was a shameless copy of what I started doing with DCK and I believe there is only 1 or 2 mods that DCK doesn't cover that BIB does ... DCK has 42 textures (including 2 types of black textures) and gives you the ability to switch textures on all parts with 1 click, having BIB installed alongside DCK is unnecessary unless it is imperative that you can switch textures on the other mod or 2 that are in BIB

4 hours ago, Supergamervictor said:

As my friend above explained, I had no idea how to do texture switching back at the beginning of this year and look at DCK now ... once you get a handle on how mm configs work and are able to find the mesh names it's not all that difficult

As mentioned, I use Fireworks to do any graphics but pretty much any paint program should serve the purpose 

Once you have a texture you'd like to have on your parts then all that is needed is the mm config to put the part module (whether FSTextureSwitch2, IFSTextureSwitch2 or DCKtextureswitch2) and set up the parameters for the part module

For examples of configs, look in the DCK_Stock folder in your gamedatta and open the DCK_Stock.cfg .... everything you need to set youreself up with making your own textures is right there (other than the textures themselves)

If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I'll help where I can

On another note ... I think these shields are looking pretty shnazzy let alone having more uses than intended ....

Edited by DoctorDavinci

I had doubts at first; they're all gone now. :D
Z40mKgV.png
https://imgur.com/a/4qch6
If I can find the time, I'd be more than willing to help out some simple texture improvements as well as mod compatibility patches. The process was easy if not highly tedious. Huge respect to @DoctorDavinci, can't imagine how long that must have took!

Edited by Supergamervictor

3 hours ago, Supergamervictor said:
I had doubts at first; they're all gone now. :D
Z40mKgV.png
https://imgur.com/a/4qch6
If I can find the time, I'd be more than willing to help out some simple texture improvements as well as mod compatibility patches. The process was easy if not highly tedious. Huge respect to @DoctorDavinci, can't imagine how long that must have took!

DCK has been month's in the making :)

If you'r interested in setting up other mods to use DCK by all means have at it ... any and all contributors to DCK get listed in the OP and have thier contributions noted

One thing to consider though is that any parts that have windows or cockpit canopies will, in most cases, need to have a custom texture created for each of the 42 textures in DCK ... the reason for this is that most of the parts out there use a single mesh for everything which, when applying a DCK texture (or any texture other that the one in the mod), will paint the windows and canopy of said parts

Using Airplane Plus as an example, I had to create 42 textures for each of the 11 parts that have windows ... 552 custom textures for the cockpits etc which brought the size of just that one DCK add on to the vicinity of 40mb even with a major texture compression

Mods that do not contain parts with windows or have the windows as a separate mesh use the default textures in DCK which makes them essentially an mm config as the textures needed are already in the game ... For examples, consult the DCK_SMAFVs config found in the DCK/MM Config directory (or look at pretty much any of @SpannerMonkey(smce)'s parts as this is generally how he goes about things)

If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll help where I can

Edited by DoctorDavinci

gvsiUDn.png

Hi all

Another DCK update incoming ... DCK v0.3.0.0 - Get Behind Me

Added 3 types of Energy Shields to protect you from bullets and stuff (work pretty good for atmospheric re-entry too)
Completed DCK refactor - Did this to reduce size and repetition of textures
Added a TweakScale patch for all DCK parts
DCK MM configs and textures for AP+, Aviator Arsenal and Quiztech have separate directories in GameData due to their size .. all other covered mods are now contained in DCKinc
Other minor stuff

DELETE PREVIOUS VERSION AND ADDONS BEFORE INSTALLATION

Copy the DCKinc folder from the GameData folder into your KSP GameData folder
Copy additional packs in the same manner if wanted
Profit
(Latest Module Manager as of this release is included in download)

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Spoiler

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

• Download DCK
  • Delete previous DCK version and DCK add-ons before installation
  • Open the DCK zip download and you will see some folders nested inside the GameData folder ... Copy DCKinc to your KSP GameData folder
  • AP+, Aviator Arsenal and QuizTech are separate add-ons - To install DCK support for these mods, copy their DCK folders to you KSP's GameData directory (DCK_AirplanePlus, DCK_AviatorArsenal and DCK_QuizTech respectively)
  • Profit

PLEASE NOTE: DCKinc must be installed in order for anything DCK related to work

Enjoy :)

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, reedhashlock said:

Great mod! Any plans on making it work with b9 procedural wings?

Unfortunately DCK isn't compatible with B9 as there isn't a way to use the current code to switch the textures on thise parts

Edited by DoctorDavinci

14 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Unfortunately DCK isn't compatible with B9 as there isn't a way to use the current code to switch the textures on thise parts

Thanks for the reply. I can at least use solid colors for my planes :-DUntitled.jpg

Edited by reedhashlock

1 hour ago, InfiniteAtom said:

I use KSP 1.2.2. What version of this mod on Github is for KSP 1.2.2?

Use at your own risk ... No guarantees for it working fully, it also does not have well over half the camo patterns and solid colors contained in the current release

It is what it is and if you want to take advantage of DCK Shields, 25 some odd additional camo and colors, DCK Wheels or any of the other goodies you will need to upgrade your KSP .... this is an unsupported version made by request and will not be updated

https://github.com/DoctorDavinci/DCK/releases/tag/v0.2.5

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.