[1.7.3] DCK v0.4.1.0 - 42 Custom Part Textures, Rims, Transparent Aircraft Armor and other goodies for KSP [Stock and many mods supported][10/21/2019]]

DoctorDavinci

gvsiUDn.png

Hi all

Another DCK update incoming ............

Added texture switching to SXT, ALG and AoA Tech (AoA is an add on - Included in download)
Added extra small versions of the shields (Bubble, Round and Oval)
Started to balance the Shield power requirements and weight in preparation for new BDAc damage system - still more to do
Updated Module Manager supplied in download to the latest version
Other minor improvements

<LINK REMOVED>

Enjoy :)

Edited by DoctorDavinci

42 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

A quick question. Craft that are already deployed - can they be revolted or is it only in the craft editors this mod can be applied?

If you have alread launced craft you can walk up to it with a kerbal and repaint each part while on EVA ... get close to the craft, right click on a part of it and click the repaint button

You will have to do this with each part on the craft at the current time .... plan is to provide an in flight button or menu so you can use DCK Paintshop to change the camo/colors on the whole craft at once while in the flight scene

Unfortunately this features development is on pause as the BDAc public beta is currently my focus

I apparently am having issues with procedural parts textures being conflicted with the textures of DCK. Like for instance, when I assign a particular texture to a rocket, when I click launch and it is on the launchpad, it reverts to stock white.

14 hours ago, Keet said:

Any hope of having this awesomeness for Feline Utility Rovers in the future? Love you long time. 

I'll loom into it :)

59 minutes ago, Avedis said:

I apparently am having issues with procedural parts textures being conflicted with the textures of DCK. Like for instance, when I assign a particular texture to a rocket, when I click launch and it is on the launchpad, it reverts to stock white.

KSP.log? .... I am wondering if you are using another texture swapping mod as this can cause conflicts if being used alongside DCK

Question.

I'm assuming the following patch wouldn't work:

@PART[*]:NEEDS[DCKinc]
{
    MODULE
    {
         name = DCKtextureswitch2
        moduleID = 1

objectNames = Base2;ctrlSrf2
        textureNames = Squad/Parts/Aero/airplaneFins/AirplaneFins;DCK/Camo/AirplaneFinsDCK-1;DCK/Camo/AirplaneFinsDCK-2;DCK/Camo/AirplaneFinsDCK-3;DCK/Camo/AirplaneFinsDCK-4;DCK/Camo/AirplaneFinsDCK-5;DCK/Camo/AirplaneFinsDCK-6;DCK/Camo/AirplaneFinsDCK-7;DCK/Camo/AirplaneFinsDCK-8;DCK/Camo/AirplaneFinsDCK-9
        textureDisplayNames = Stock;DCK-1;DCK-2;DCK-3;DCK-4;DCK-5;DCK-6;DCK-7;DCK-8;DCK-9
        nextButtonText = DCK Next
        prevButtonText = DCK Previous
        statusText = Current
        repaintableEVA = true
        showPreviousButton = true
        updateSymmetry = true
        showInfo = false
        debugMode = false
        showListButton = false
    }
}

I'm assuming this because it isn't already the default so I'm wondering now, why wouldn't an all parts MM patch work for this mod?

3 hours ago, shoe7ess said:

Question.

I'm assuming the following patch wouldn't work:

@PART[*]:NEEDS[DCKinc]
{
    MODULE
    {
         name = DCKtextureswitch2
        moduleID = 1

objectNames = Base2;ctrlSrf2
        textureNames = Squad/Parts/Aero/airplaneFins/AirplaneFins;DCK/Camo/AirplaneFinsDCK-1;DCK/Camo/AirplaneFinsDCK-2;DCK/Camo/AirplaneFinsDCK-3;DCK/Camo/AirplaneFinsDCK-4;DCK/Camo/AirplaneFinsDCK-5;DCK/Camo/AirplaneFinsDCK-6;DCK/Camo/AirplaneFinsDCK-7;DCK/Camo/AirplaneFinsDCK-8;DCK/Camo/AirplaneFinsDCK-9
        textureDisplayNames = Stock;DCK-1;DCK-2;DCK-3;DCK-4;DCK-5;DCK-6;DCK-7;DCK-8;DCK-9
        nextButtonText = DCK Next
        prevButtonText = DCK Previous
        statusText = Current
        repaintableEVA = true
        showPreviousButton = true
        updateSymmetry = true
        showInfo = false
        debugMode = false
        showListButton = false
    }
}

Nope, won't work except for parts that have matching object names (Base2 and ctrlSrf2)

You also are using old configs from pre DCK 0.3.0.0 ... DCK is now up to v0.3.1.0 and underwent a complete structure refactor so even if you got the mesh names for all parts it still wouldn't work

3 hours ago, shoe7ess said:

I'm wondering now, why wouldn't an all parts MM patch work for this mod?

This is due to DCK requiring more than just the part name in order to apply a different texture to a part ... Many of the supported mods took me a good few hours each just to set up the configs, then there was the custom textures for certain parts that have windows and canopy's

For example, AoA Tech took me a little over an hour to set up the configs and about another half hour to create the 42 custom textures for the one cockpit that required it ... there are more cockpits in AOA but the others either used stock textures (DCK custom textures have already been created for these) or the models had the glass/canopy as a separate mesh in the model ... AoA Tech is 2.8mb or so and is a DCK add on (installed separately into your gamedata)

Then there was Airplane Plus which took about 2 hours to set up the configs and then a good 8 hours or so to create the 42 custom textures for each of the 11 cockpits that required custom textures ... 464 textures in total bringing AP+ to around 40mb just for it (which is why it is a DCK add on instead of in the core DCKinc/MM Config directory)

There is more to adding part mods to DCK than meets the eye .... Which mod are you trying to add DCK support to?

Anyways, watch the following video .... do what I do in the video for each part you want to add DCK texture switching to

Edited by DoctorDavinci

On 12/22/2017 at 10:34 AM, DoctorDavinci said:

Nope, won't work except for parts that have matching object names (Base2 and ctrlSrf2)

You also are using old configs from pre DCK 0.3.0.0 ... DCK is now up to v0.3.1.0 and underwent a complete structure refactor so even if you got the mesh names for all parts it still wouldn't work

This is due to DCK requiring more than just the part name in order to apply a different texture to a part ... Many of the supported mods took me a good few hours each just to set up the configs, then there was the custom textures for certain parts that have windows and canopy's

For example, AoA Tech took me a little over an hour to set up the configs and about another half hour to create the 42 custom textures for the one cockpit that required it ... there are more cockpits in AOA but the others either used stock textures (DCK custom textures have already been created for these) or the models had the glass/canopy as a separate mesh in the model ... AoA Tech is 2.8mb or so and is a DCK add on (installed separately into your gamedata)

Then there was Airplane Plus which took about 2 hours to set up the configs and then a good 8 hours or so to create the 42 custom textures for each of the 11 cockpits that required custom textures ... 464 textures in total bringing AP+ to around 40mb just for it (which is why it is a DCK add on instead of in the core DCKinc/MM Config directory)

There is more to adding part mods to DCK than meets the eye .... Which mod are you trying to add DCK support to?

Anyways, watch the following video .... do what I do in the video for each part you want to add DCK texture switching to

Well... all of em obviously, these textures are sexy! I may just get right on working on KW/Novapunch

On 1/1/2018 at 1:09 AM, shoe7ess said:

Well... all of em obviously, these textures are sexy! I may just get right on working on KW/Novapunch

Feel free ... if you have any questions just ask ... And if you are successful then, with your permission, I will include your patch with DCK (credit goes where it is due obviously :wink:)

On another note, namely DCK development ------
DCK support for Red vs Blue will be included in the next update ... DCK Cloak is now under development and will be released once BDAc integration is complete ... DCK Shields are currently undergoing an overhaul to fix the breaking under aero forces

Please stand by :)

Edited by DoctorDavinci

Guess what I got working? At least on load, no in scene switching. Details to follow, will try and get it as integrated as possible into your current code.

da1STo6.png

OK, I know why no-one has been able to get it to work, FSTextureSwitch2 does not work the same way as FSTextureSwitch, I am guessing you borrowed your code from FSTextureSwitch2, I cannot figure out why they don't work the same way, and how to add in the texture changing buttons, going to ask @RoverDude in the Firespitter thread

Edited by selfish_meme

I just noticed the GitHub "issues" section that you have there, and saw my request for Aviation Cockpits. I need to ask, how does this system work? Are you trying to illustrate a queue of suggestions, are these individual releases that support the requested mods? What are they? 

Edited by Matuchkin

1 hour ago, Matuchkin said:

I just noticed the GitHub "issues" section that you have there, and saw my request for Aviation Cockpits. I need to ask, how does this system work? Are you trying to illustrate a queue of suggestions, are these individual releases that support the requested mods? What are they? 

My github repo issues section is a way for me to keep track of bugs, issues, ideas and requests for mod support ... there is no queue , it's a list of things to do

As each is completed they are closed

Edited by DoctorDavinci

4 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

Wait, so the current version of DCK functions with all mods on that list? On it, man.

No ... That list is a to do list

Mods that have DCK compatibility are listed in the OP if this thread ... there is somewhere around 13 or so covered directly by DCK and @SpannerMonkey(smce) has added DCK support to most of his mods

I believe there is support for 18 or so at the moment with more on the way ... as perople request things or I am deciding to add something I add to the issues list ... other people can add to it too

Edited by DoctorDavinci

5 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

I don't understand what you mean, there are no parts in that mod and it is also it's own part texturing mod

14 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

@Shadowmage? Can you explain please,

He already answered your question in his thread ....

I think you might be mistaken in how DCK and TU work ... TU uses code to apply shaders to the craft as a whole whereas DCK directly changes the loaded texture for each part

Two completely different methods doing different things

A little taste of what is cooking in the DCK kitchen .... Active Camo System controlled by BDAc Guard mode

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 1/16/2018 at 9:39 AM, memeconnoiseur said:

Do I need the .version file and the licenses from the gamedata in the release file or do I just put the DCK files into my gamedata?

It's clearly explained in the OP of this thread how to install DCK and it's add ons, however since nobody reads instructions anymore I will post it here:

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

• Download DCK
  • Delete previous DCK version and DCK add-ons before installation
  • Open the DCK zip download and you will see some folders nested inside the GameData folder ... Copy DCKinc to your KSP GameData folder
  • AP+, AoA Tech, Aviator Arsenal and QuizTech are separate add-ons - To install DCK support for these mods, copy their DCK folders to your KSP's GameData directory (DCK_AirplanePlus, DCK_AviatorArsenal, DCK_AoA and DCK_QuizTech respectively)
  • Profit

PLEASE NOTE: DCKinc must be installed in order for anything DCK related to work

DCK v0.3.9.0 Pre-release is available for download:

- DCK Active Camouflage System added (DCK_ACS)
- Active Camo engaged by BDAc Guard Mode if missile lock while auto cloak is enabled
- New models for YCSM modules
- Other minor tweaks

Still a work in progress and is intended for the BDAc v1.1 Beta ... If not using the BDAc v1.1 Beta do not install this

<LINK REMOVED>

Edited by DoctorDavinci

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.