[1.7.3] DCK v0.4.1.0 - 42 Custom Part Textures, Rims, Transparent Aircraft Armor and other goodies for KSP [Stock and many mods supported][10/21/2019]]

DoctorDavinci

9 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Hi all

Another DCK update is now available .....

Added Quiztech parts (paging @njmksr ... just for you :wink:)
Added MM config for FAR compatibility
Directory structure refactor

https://github.com/DoctorDavinci/DCK/releases/tag/v0.2.5

Enjoy :)

Aw, thanks!

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for 1.2.2, but I'll see if I can get FS Texture Switcher to work with it. Much appreciated.

4 hours ago, njmksr said:

Aw, thanks!

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for 1.2.2, but I'll see if I can get FS Texture Switcher to work with it. Much appreciated.

Hope you haven't spent much time on it as I compiled a version of DCK v0.2.5 for KSP v1.2.2  :wink:

Here's the direct download link: https://github.com/DoctorDavinci/DCK/releases/download/v0.2.5/KSP.v1.2.2.-.DCK.v0.2.5.zip

8 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

I use 1.2.2 too. I was eventually going to compile my own for 1.2.2 as well.

Let me know if there are any issues as I haven't done a complete test although everything appears to work as intended

The Aircraft Armor may not work though as it was created with BDAc v0.3.0.0 in mind

Just now, DoctorDavinci said:

Let me know if there are any issues as I haven't done a complete test although everything appears to work as intended

The Aircraft Armor may not work though as it was created with BDAc v0.3.0.0 in mind

Ill check for errors when I use it.

8 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Hope you haven't spent much time on it as I compiled a version of DCK v0.2.5 for KSP v1.2.2  :wink:

Here's the direct download link: https://github.com/DoctorDavinci/DCK/releases/download/v0.2.5/KSP.v1.2.2.-.DCK.v0.2.5.zip

You're the best!

Now I can give my F/A-37 Arrowhead the stealth coating it deserves, with a little extra texture work :cool:

0tY15iY.png

Hi all

Another DCK update incoming ...

Combined all mm configs for each respective mod into one mm config file
Refactored mm configs and texture names to facilitate texture
packs
FAR Compatibility tested and passed
Added DCK Wheel - if you have ever wanted to change the tires and rims
on your stock wheels, then DCK has you covered
Other minor improvements

I have also added Module Manager in the download for everyone's convenience

https://github.com/DoctorDavinci/DCK/releases/tag/v0.2.6

Enjoy :)

Edited by DoctorDavinci

17 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Hi all

Just a sneak peak ... Ever want to change those stock rims to something more shnazzy :cool:

Pimp my Rover: coming soon to a Kerbin near you.

On a separate note, could you send me some template files for the camoes? I'd like to see if I could get the homebrew camoes I have made ingame.

29 minutes ago, njmksr said:

Pimp my Rover: coming soon to a Kerbin near you.

On a separate note, could you send me some template files for the camoes? I'd like to see if I could get the homebrew camoes I have made ingame.

Everything you need is in DCK ... Look at any of the part configs and use it as your template

On another note, with the refactoring of DCK that I have done you could just creat a njmksr texture pack for DCK that has your own paintshop ... I'll provide the plugin for you that interfaces with DCK and you can create as many textures as you want for it

If you're interested then pm me and we can chat :wink:

Hi all

I did a major refactor of DCK in preparation for the BAD T3 texture pack as well as writing configs and editing textures for all the mods allowed in the BAD T3 competition, save one .... B9 Procedural Wings unfortunately isn't working with DCK's texture switching which could mean you will be stuck with the stock B9 textures if you use them although I am hoping to have a solution before the start of the BAD T3

The next release of DCK will add Aviator Arsenal and Procedural Parts (BAD T props is already in DCK) as well as some minor tweaks to DCK Wheels

On another note, now that the configs and the texture templates are set up, I am diving into WW2 camo textures for the BAD T3 texture pack and I am taking requests (especially from those taking part in the challenge) ... if you see a WW2 camo design you like then post a link to it in this thread so I can take a look (and not clutter up the BAD T3 thread with texture discussions :rolleyes:)

Edited by DoctorDavinci

@dundun93 - I figured we should take this conversation away from the BAD T3 thread so as to not clutter it up with discussions about DCK

To answer your question ..... You don't have to download any updates as DCK is not required for the BAD T3, it is optional

As for not liking to 'constantly' update and why I release updates so quickly ... then don't download or use DCK as it is my perogative for when I will release new stuff ... you don't like that I do this but nobody has a gun to your head forcing you to use it

I'm sorry if this doesn't work for you ... perhaps if you give me your schedule I can work everything I am doing around it so as to better suit you and your agenda

9 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

B9 Procedural Wings unfortunately isn't working with DCK's texture switching which could mean you will be stuck with the stock B9 textures if you use them although I am hoping to have a solution before the start of the BAD T3

Its not all bad, you can still pull off some halfway decent stuff wit the stock B9 textures with a bit of creativity:
jEGr93s.png
The vaguely mid-war Luftwaffe-ish one even has sky blue countershading on the wing bottoms

Alternative clunky hack would be to copy the B9 proc wing a few times, have each of the copies in their own folder with their own copy of the B9 textures and replace those with custom camo textures, so you'd have a Cabbage 'n Sand proc wing, the Luftwaffe proc wing, etc. Could rapidly lead to part bloat, though, since that would be three new proc wing pieces per additional camo texture.

34 minutes ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

Alternative clunky hack would be to copy the B9 proc wing a few times, have each of the copies in their own folder with their own copy of the B9 textures and replace those with custom camo textures, so you'd have a Cabbage 'n Sand proc wing, the Luftwaffe proc wing, etc. Could rapidly lead to part bloat, though, since that would be three new proc wing pieces per additional camo texture.

Brilliant solution ... I will create a custom category in the VAB for BADT3 and put all the BADT3 camo B9proc wings in it

I just finished setting up the BADT3 Paintshop and can easily include the modified B9 proc wing part configs with the BADT3 texture pack

Edited by DoctorDavinci

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @DoctorDavinci, I'm writing a patch to KerbalX.com so it can detect the use of your mod on craft that are uploaded.  For most mods, KerbalX just detects the presence of parts, but with a mod like this I have to add a custom matcher so it can detect the addition of a module to parts.  From what I can see I need to detect DCKtextureswitch2 and/or DCKWCtextureswitch2 and then check if the value of selectedTexture is greater than 0. Should that do it? Does your mod add any other modules other than those two? 

28 minutes ago, katateochi said:

Hi @DoctorDavinci, I'm writing a patch to KerbalX.com so it can detect the use of your mod on craft that are uploaded.  For most mods, KerbalX just detects the presence of parts, but with a mod like this I have to add a custom matcher so it can detect the addition of a module to parts.  From what I can see I need to detect DCKtextureswitch2 and/or DCKWCtextureswitch2 and then check if the value of selectedTexture is greater than 0. Should that do it? Does your mod add any other modules other than those two? 

Hi

There are 3 part modules in DCK ... DCKtextureswitch2 (parts texture switching), DCKAAtextureswitch2 (transparent/invisible armor) and DCKWCtextureswitch2 for wheels

I set DCK up so a user can delete part configs for mods that they do not have installed by deleting the relevant directory inside of the DCK directory

Thanx for setting up KerbalX compatibility

35 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Hi

There are 3 part modules in DCK ... DCKtextureswitch2 (parts texture switching), DCKAAtextureswitch2 (transparent/invisible armor) and DCKWCtextureswitch2 for wheels

I set DCK up so a user can delete part configs for mods that they do not have installed by deleting the relevant directory inside of the DCK directory

Thanx for setting up KerbalX compatibility

Cool. Am I right in thinking that the DCKAAtextureswitch2 module is only present on the armour parts which are part of DCK?  Or can that module get added to non-DCK parts?

DCKAAtextureswitch2 is specifically for the armor to switch from transparent to invisible

With DCK almost all stock parts as well as the supported mods have DCKtextureswitch2, the armor has DCKAA and wheels use DCKWC .... Probably best to include all 3 as there inevitably will be a user who builds an all modded part aircraft that doesn't use mods covered by DCK and slaps a bunch of DCK armor on or uses only DCKWC enabled parts etc...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.