Jump to content

What areas of KSP need to be improved? I may make mods to fill these niches.


fallout2077
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 4/21/2017 at 4:34 PM, HebaruSan said:

I'd like to have a version of a procedural tank with automatic scaling based on staged TWR. I should be able to place a special tank and any engine and have the tank shrink and enlarge itself until the initial TWR column of KER reads 1.6 all the way down (for example). That's essentially what I do anyway, but by adding and removing and replacing tanks, so this would let me cut out some of the "no brainer" design work.

Initial release of this concept:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Fallout2077, two things that could improve my ksp game/workflow in carreer mode and buidling editor. (maybe something is allready there, but I havent seen it yet)

1. Part replacer, that easually let's you replace a specific part in your design for another. For instance, a cargo bay, and replace it by a fuelltank. In most cases this is not so hard, but I have had some complex vehicles where a part like a cargobay has other parts symetrically to it's sides in specific angles. Replacing these parts and putting the side parts back the same way is a pain!

2. A better financial report after your ship returns. So you have the launch costs, the return/recycle profit and the profit from the contracts so you can see the exact balance changes after your return. Was the mission profitable or expensive. You can always do the math ofcource, but I would realy like a simple report that does it for you.

How are your texture skills nowadays? I like making textures and I think I can make them very stock-alike. Let me know and maybe I can help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to think this exists already, but I haven't seen it yet - the ability to import one craft into the craft you're working on, so you can save various stage components and then easily tie them to different launch stages depending on destination. Who knows, maybe it's a stock feature but if so not seeing where.

Also, what IFS does for fuel tanks with the multiple selectable texture sets but for all parts. In short, something that modifies all existing (or added) parts so that they will all have the capability to switch between texture sets. Have a way to upload/approve texture sets and some way to limit/choose from the number of options so the user can control install size. I haven't seen that either (but still new so could be missing one here too).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

I have to think this exists already, but I haven't seen it yet - the ability to import one craft into the craft you're working on, so you can save various stage components and then easily tie them to different launch stages depending on destination. Who knows, maybe it's a stock feature but if so not seeing where.

This is stock, with the merge function in the craft load menu. 

28 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

Also, what IFS does for fuel tanks with the multiple selectable texture sets but for all parts. In short, something that modifies all existing (or added) parts so that they will all have the capability to switch between texture sets. Have a way to upload/approve texture sets and some way to limit/choose from the number of options so the user can control install size. I haven't seen that either (but still new so could be missing one here too).

I don't know how IFS works exactly, but I think it can be done with just MM patches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would personally like boat parts in the game. Actual boat parts, instead of having to rely on a massive system of empty fuel tanks on the bottom for it to float or something. I personally enjoy making seaplanes, but it's a bit hard when the plane's underbelly is flat or circular, while real seaplane's hulls are boat like underneath for stability. It's either that or Environmental Visual Enhancements. But then, people who play the game on a normal computer or desktop, and not a huge, expensive, graphic-intensive performance gaming desktop, would feel left out. How about having the EVE textures for the 'High' detail settings, and the current planet textures for everything below that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I would personally like boat parts in the game. Actual boat parts, instead of having to rely on a massive system of empty fuel tanks on the bottom for it to float or something. I personally enjoy making seaplanes, but it's a bit hard when the plane's underbelly is flat or circular, while real seaplane's hulls are boat like underneath for stability. It's either that or Environmental Visual Enhancements. But then, people who play the game on a normal computer or desktop, and not a huge, expensive, graphic-intensive performance gaming desktop, would feel left out. How about having the EVE textures for the 'High' detail settings, and the current planet textures for everything below that?

This mod provides boat parts.

SXT adds seaplane floats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jas0n said:

This is stock, with the merge function in the craft load menu. 

Yeah, that was one of those ask a question and immediately figure out the answer on your own things, I finally saw the merge button on the load screen and face-palmed.

5 hours ago, Jas0n said:

I don't know how IFS works exactly, but I think it can be done with just MM patches.

I don't know much about the implementation side but I understand MM can patch other people's stuff, and I think you're saying via that someone could provide a texture-switching UI on all parts. It'd still need to be coded with a central cloud repository or local via texture packs or something- cloud would be better as point was not to have one guy try to create multiple textures for eleventy zillion parts, but to enable a way for anyone to create textures and upload them so everyone else can use what they've made. That way you have a chance of enabling easy creation for enough people that you might end up with a goodly number of texture sets for parts and people would have even more design options.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...