KIS/KAS Inventory failure

Hey all, 

I have no clue if this should be in here or addon discussions, but here goes:

I just got KAS/KIS and desperately wanted to use the kerbal EVA inventory, because I could remove helmets and refuel airplanes without the pain of docking.The issue is that I have no inventory to use.  I right-clicked Doddard(an engineer and dedicated fuel tanker technician) and went to click the Inventory button, but there was none there.  Next, I tried to find the inventory button on one of those side mount containers(with some tools inside).  Thankfully the inventory button showed.  I clicked on it and nothing happened. Again.  This is weird because the inventories work in the SPH/VAB and on loaded vessels/cockpits.  Any help would be nice.

Thanks, GKSP

Yeah I have a very similar problem. I installed KAS and KIS, and when I went to choose a container, it came up with Sounds/KIS/Container/ContainerB/Open as (it said 'as' obviously it is a spelling mistake and should be 'has' but anyway) not been found, and Sound/KIS/Container/ContainerB/Close as not been found. I went into the GameData folder, and checked the 'Sounds' folder, and all of the KIS and KAS sounds are there. And because of that, when I open a container and I'm not in the VAB or SPH, it will open for a second and then close again. This is really frustrating as I have to now attach the parts to my craft, increasing the mass, instead of putting them in easy to use containers.

• 1 month later...

I also had this problem, but I think I found the reason it doesn't work. Try double checking your module manager version, as well as the community category kit. I would redownload the KIS zip, unpack it, delete your old MM and CCK, and replace them with the ones found in the KIS folder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.