Reusable Rocket Piloting Challenge

I want to see how hard it is to fly my reusable rockets. Try to fly it, and tell me dv you get on the orbit!

Craft Files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/13b2rchjw8hioeh/AAC6VwTb2nF4ZC4MUb5P_Ioba?dl=0

Flight Instructions>

Spoiler

Generally, turn rocket 5 degrees around 60m/s works for my reusable rockets. The speed may vary per lifter. Hold to prograde after that.

(Start the pitchover 10m/s earlier than the speed, pitching 5 degrees is sometimes not so easy)

It doesn't like payloads far from aerodynamic shape, like ones with blunt edges.

If ship description persists, there will be flight instructions. In case it's lost:

The first stage would have to reach 100m/s with 5deg pitch, and should reach 340m/s with 70 deg pitch. Just before separation it must reach 60deg pitch. (near 700m/s)
After the first stage separation, set pitch to 45 degrees and raise apoapsis to 90km~100km, and burn horizontally after that. This is to give the first stage time to fall. Burn till the first stage reaches 26km. Set throttle to zero and switch to the first stage just after that. (On the map view)
The first stage will fall rapidly, and parachute will slow it down just before hitting the water. Switch to the second stage at the very moment it gets under 1m/s.
After that, gain lateral speed with pitch on 10~15deg. This is to prevent falling to the atmosphere.

Rules>

- No cheating.

- Don't change the payload.

- Don't crossfeed fuel through the decoupler.

- Post screenshots of gravity turn, separation, circularization and recovery of each stage.

- Allowed mods: KER, V.O.I.D, Visual mods. No StageRecovery / FMRS.

Score>

Dv you got on the orbit.

Entries>

- Reusable ll2:

- Reusable L1:

- Reusable L1,5:

Note:

1. I fly these in daily basis, so yes it's certainly practical. I can post my entry if you request it.

2. These enables 350~400/t to LKO in relatively early career.

Edited by Reusables

13 minutes ago, CairoJack said:

I have downloaded the rockets and I have dragged them in the Ship/VAB folder but i don't see any new rocket in KSP

Please show me the location of the VAB folder and screenshot of ship browsi f screen in VAB.

After reading the instruction I tried 2-3 launch each.

They are easy to control, but I tend do have a bit more TWR in my LV (specialy 1st stage) and launch it in a Fire&Forget manner. I suspect that is why I had some problem to follow the flight profile. More often I had no time to leave the atmosphere in time to switch to the lower stage for recovery but in other attempts I screwed the orbit.

I guess with further attempts I may learn to do it right, but given my play style I don’t have the urge to. For now I'm accepting that my flight skill is a bit too low.

Also, considering that I use FMRS, I'd rather design the lower stages to provide some glide control to try to come even closer to KSC but for a pure stock system this is counterproductive because of the increased time for the lower stage to touch down.

7 hours ago, Spricigo said:

They are easy to control, but I tend do have a bit more TWR in my LV (specialy 1st stage) and launch it in a Fire&Forget manner.

They might have too low TWR. As more TWR means more dv generally, and the engines will be recovered, I should add more engines. (More Boosters!)

Anyway, @CairoJack, would you show your attempt?