I want more camera wobble. Is it possible? how?

Pass on the (auto)struts, add moar docking ports, longer rocket, heavy payloads in fairings, a sprinkling of TR-38-D decouplers, generous amounts of gimbal - the perfect recipe for Noodle Rodeo.

Or with (space)planes and the SAS as it's been since 1.2.x: simply engage 'follow prograde' mid-flight when you're pointing 5-10 degrees away from it, and watch the wobble intensify. :P

If you mean the screen shaking: add a heavy barely-fitting payload in a cargo/service bay and decouple midflight while rotating in any axis, preferably all three. Make sure to switch focus to the payload for the optimal experience. (*)

(* Obligatory disclaimer for our American friends: do not try this at home without supervision if you're susceptible to epileptic seizures.)

Edited by swjr-swis
disclaimer

Well I might not have made it clear enough (sorry english is not my foreign language):

I am not satisfied with the camera shaking. I set the slider to may in options but the shaking isn't intense enough. I want MOAR :)

30 minutes ago, maculator said:

I am not satisfied with the camera shaking. I set the slider to may in options but the shaking isn't intense enough.

Personally it's a 'realism option' I immediately disable in any game I play, much like camera flares and DoF blurring: they are forced constructs to mimic the ways cameras fail to duplicate what our eyes/brains do for us. In my opinion it's less realistic, rather than more.

In any case, if you already set the sliders to max you're out of options, unless the game permits 'cheating' the slider by using a higher setting in the Settings.cfg. Try editing the values for FLT_CAMERA_WOBBLE, CAMERA_FX_EXTERNAL and CAMERA_FX_INTERNAL and see what happens.

4 hours ago, maculator said:

It works, should've come to that solution myself^^ Internal set to 4 is lake the good old earthquake mod, I'm happy.

My impression has always been that the old quake mod had vibrations of a higher frequency, while the stock implementation has this slow back-and-forth ship-like (as in, seaship-like) movement, which lacked that "vibration" feeling even with the sliders up to eleven (so to say).

I'm gonna try this out when I get home, hope it improves the experience :D

Having read a bunch of Apollo astronaut memoirs, I wonder if it would be fun to have a mod that ties camera wobble to more factors. Like, the low frequency vibration of gimbal steering, pogo juddering of large first stage lifters, eyeball-blurring high frequency vibration of high-G second stage burn, etc

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.