KSP Weekly Challenge Suggestions

Just now, Azimech said:

Another fine suggestion! Count me in!

That's 2 in! So far there's 34 flags..... THIRTY FOUR FLAGS. Just let that sink in...... And I've still got to get to the KSC2!

(Not on topic, but I just saw the map; there's a class C asteroid that's going to impact Kerbin.... IT'S DESCENDING AAAAHHHHHHHHHH)

3 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

I'd love to see your pictures...

I too, have a giant vehicle for moving modules on Kerbin's surface. I've even used it to get ships in and out of the water before... might have to dig it out if we were to do that kind of challege

Here ya go (might be inspirational for creating a challenge) ... you might like the comments as well.

2 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

That's 2 in! So far there's 34 flags..... THIRTY FOUR FLAGS. Just let that sink in...... And I've still got to get to the KSC2!

(Not on topic, but I just saw the map; there's a class C asteroid that's going to impact Kerbin.... IT'S DESCENDING AAAAHHHHHHHHHH)

Just make sure it won't cost players too much time or ... convince Badie to make it a challenge lasting a month or longer. I've driven around Kerbin ... ehm ... my vehicle has driven around Kerbin while I programmed in course corrections ... took a very long time.

5 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Just make sure it won't cost players too much time or ... convince Badie to make it a challenge lasting a month or longer. I've driven around Kerbin ... ehm ... my vehicle has driven around Kerbin while I programmed in course corrections ... took a very long time.

Triop's was one month. Mine is going to be at least 3

Well, I'm going to be posting a challenge in the next few days, maybe @Badie would be interested:

I'm reviving the 2.5m Spaceplane mod, the challenge will be to build a spaceplane/shuttle using the parts.  I haven't yet finalized, but largest payload to orbit, fastest to orbit are some of the things to do.  Winners get to have their creations included in the mod (If the want).

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

reviving the 2.5m Spaceplane mod

Reviving another mod, I see. That could actually be a pretty cool challenge though, use this mod to complete x and x challenge.

As another challenge, what about an air race challenge?

Edited by qzgy

@cratercracker that's a good idea, but maybe it could be expanded by saying you have to break at least one part of the ground without slowing down. 

@Azimech that village is amazing! I want to build one now. I once landed a hypersonic plane on this tiny island out in the sea, (I went a bit heavy on the afterburners and ran out of fuel but was high enough to glide there, barely) almost directly east of the space centre and with another tiny island that was only a few times larger than my plane. Maybe I could build a bridge across, then put buildings around the place. If I ever take this idea beyond the wishful thinking stage, I'll probably start a thread on this. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anyway, challenges. How about: "Kerbal Gravity Well program" wherein you use the hack gravity cheat to increase the gravity and try to get to orbit, while slowly ramping the Gs up after each successful orbit. The higher the gravity you get to orbit with, the better your attempt is.

-Most innovative use of a parachute (separate categories for deployed and non-deployed 'chutes)

-Landing on Duna in new ways

-Submarine week (scheduled to coincide with Shark week): longest submarine journey in a stock environment with stock parts

-Kerbal BBQ Program (I have no clue what this is, but I feel like somebody else here can make a challenge to fit the name)

On 5/15/2017 at 7:04 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Well, I'm going to be posting a challenge in the next few days, maybe @Badie would be interested:

I'm reviving the 2.5m Spaceplane mod, the challenge will be to build a spaceplane/shuttle using the parts.  I haven't yet finalized, but largest payload to orbit, fastest to orbit are some of the things to do.  Winners get to have their creations included in the mod (If the want).

@linuxgurugamer Is this challenge still on? :) 

What about a "chuck jeb as far as you can with a rocket sled?" challenge. I think this could make a number of interesting solutions

I found that some parts of the large boat parts pack can take quite a bit of heat before exploding. This means it's possible to have crafts tank more damage than just a few hits worth, so I'd be thrilled if someone ran a competition based on which user can deal the most carnage!

On 5/25/2017 at 3:27 PM, MiffedStarfish said:

I don't think the challenges can rely on mods. 

Agreed

I believe (I posted something called Stratolauncher extended) we should retrofit the stratolauncher for various purposes (let's launch high speed fighter jets that Kirrim Kerman kan fly (the ingame character I named myself for krashed every second. And yes, his stats were perfect.

Edited by KerBlitz Kerman
accidentally hit post, wasn't fully typed

7 hours ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

(the ingame character I named myself for krashed every second. And yes, his stats were perfect.

The ingame character's name was just quite unlucky so I gave Kirrim Kerman the job, which he filled out perfectly. I might be able to get the Stratolauncher Mk3-2/Saber Mk2 on KerbalX. That plane is what I used. I did upload it to KerbalX.  Here Is the url.

Edited by KerBlitz Kerman
Must add link

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.