[1.3][WIP] Kerbal Exoplanets (v0.3)

EricL

• 3 weeks later...

Hey mate, I loved the mod, it looks like it has a lot of potential! But I've been having where the light of the new star is lighting up all of the planets and there is basically no night time. I have Kopernicus installed and all the requirements installed, I tried reinstalling and that didn't do anything. Its been really bugging me, and I have absolutely no clue what to do. Could you help me out thanks! (edit: I'm also in ksp 1.3)

Edited by Space_or_Bust

1 hour ago, Space_or_Bust said:

Hey mate, I loved the mod, it looks like it has a lot of potential! But I've been having where the light of the new star is lighting up all of the planets and there is basically no night time. I have Kopernicus installed and all the requirements installed, I tried reinstalling and that didn't do anything. Its been really bugging me, and I have absolutely no clue what to do. Could you help me out thanks! (edit: I'm also in ksp 1.3)

Yes, I'll be sure to include brightness curve changes in the next update :wink:.

(At least, I think it's the brightness curve...)

Edited by EricL

17 hours ago, EricL said:

@Space_or_Bust I have confirmed that it's a brightness curve issue in the latest kopernicus, I'll be releasing an update to the mod shortly.

In the meantime, please use release 4 of Kopernicus when playing with this mod.

Ah, I see, Thanks for letting me know, I'll go download release 4 right now! Thank you once again. :D

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Takelmeifter said:

Hi,

I've got a bug, you seem to have named the rogue planet as the home world in the cfg. "isHomeWorld" should be set to false

Sorry, I must not have been going over the configs. :P

I'll try to release a small fix later.

Hi, i've been looking for this type of mod for ages, and i finally found it! :D It'll be even greater if all the stars (including Kerbol) moving randomly instead of all orbiting Kerbol, is it possible?

I'm-confused-questions: Since you took Scatterer into the planet pack, do it mean that the stars have scatterer sunflares, and you said in the 0.2 update that scatterer is only applied to these 2 planets (i don't remember their names), is it still a "test" and only applies to these 2 planets?

Keep up the good work, now i can finally travel interstellar in my Kerbal Space Program series! But before i install it: do anyone know if it can run on 4 GB ram?

Thank you to everyone for the enthusiasm in this mod, it's greatly appreciated and keeps me motivated! :)

2 hours ago, hanhan658 said:

Hi, i've been looking for this type of mod for ages, and i finally found it! :D It'll be even greater if all the stars (including Kerbol) moving randomly instead of all orbiting Kerbol, is it possible?

No, this isn't possible because of the way KSP handles physics. But it does seem like a good suggestion to Squad (if they decide to change the physics engine at all).

Since you took Scatterer into the planet pack, do it mean that the stars have scatterer sunflares, and you said in the 0.2 update that scatterer is only applied to these 2 planets (i don't remember their names), is it still a "test" and only applies to these 2 planets?

Since 0.3, the scatterer planets (Germy and Fungler) are not tests anymore, and I'm planning to add sunflares to the other stars in the next update (hopefully... :wink:).

Keep up the good work, now i can finally travel interstellar in my Kerbal Space Program series! But before i install it: do anyone know if it can run on 4 GB ram?

I'm pretty sure the basic version (the one provided by Curseforge) can handle 4 GB ram, but I don't know about the visuals...

On 9/10/2017 at 8:36 PM, TheSpacePotato said:

Nice screenshot :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I just added the 0.3.1 patch (sorry about the overdue release).

In this edition:

- fixed contract bugs

- added some sunflares to the other stars

Keep in mind that this is a patch, and should be installed by unzipping and pasting over the previous version of Kerbal Exoplanets.

You can download this patch from the normal download link. (Curseforge)

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/9/2017 at 12:49 AM, EricL said:

No, this isn't possible because of the way KSP handles physics. But it does seem like a good suggestion to Squad (if they decide to change the physics engine at all).

Kerbalstarsystems

do this by placing an exotic object (like... The All ... The Creator ... just not to abuse of the same Black hole) instead of kerbol, to make the galaxy center, and then move kerbol and the stock system orbiting that galaxy center in a galaxy arm... ... any other star system orbits the galaxy center in other orbit planes and eccentricity, so the stars move relatively each other at about 50-60 mt/sec .... drifting away in different directions....

bye!

@Ciro1983811 To implement the suggestion you propose, the mod will need to be (almost) completely rewritten in order to accommodate the changes taking place when you reparent Kerbin around a different star, and KEP isn't designed for creating a Kerbal Galaxy. If you want something like this feature, check out KSS or my other mod Intergalactic. :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

So after a monthlong hiatus I've decided to continue development of the mod. It's been going pretty smoothly so far, as I have been working on biome maps and science definitions for this next update of Kerbal Exoplanets.

Additionally, @The Cuttlefish Empire has agreed to help me make visuals for the mod, also coming in 0.4!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, OverlordMorgoth said:

Quick question: will this edit the stock system? Is it compatible with other planet packs (OPM, GPP (Secondary), Boris System, etc (all orbiting Kerbol))? I would like to add this beautiful pack to the fold without breaking my save.
Keep up the amazing work, cheers!

No, this only adds star systems orbiting around Kerbol. I haven't tested compatibility with other mods yet, but I think they will work. :wink:

4 hours ago, EricL said:

No, this only adds star systems orbiting around Kerbol. I haven't tested compatibility with other mods yet, but I think they will work. :wink:

Sadly it doesn't seem to work. It does exhibit some weird behavior so I am not sure if the mod is to blame or my home-brew. It got stuck on the loading screen of my save once and failed to load planet packs twice. Maybe it has something to do with 1.3.1 or Kopernicus. I'll keep trying and keep you informed

1 hour ago, OverlordMorgoth said:

Sadly it doesn't seem to work. It does exhibit some weird behavior so I am not sure if the mod is to blame or my home-brew. It got stuck on the loading screen of my save once and failed to load planet packs twice. Maybe it has something to do with 1.3.1 or Kopernicus. I'll keep trying and keep you informed

What planet packs do you have installed?

If the issue happens again then send me some logs.

11 hours ago, EricL said:

What planet packs do you have installed?

If the issue happens again then send me some logs.

A lot, which causes me to suspect that its my RAM which cant load it all:

• OPM (Gallileo)
  • GPP Secondary
  • Extrasolar (Valentine)
  • Boris System
  • GPO (did some manual editing to keep the Mun, Kerbin and Minmus)
  • Challange Pack
  • HW
  • KO+/K+
  • SPE
  • Cerillion
  • Spud

My guess: RAM as you don't delete anything in the pack and there is no fancy re-naming or reordering of the planets (I had a look at the code). Kopernicus does seem to make .log files for all of the planets. I'll try tmrw as its almost 2am here and a single launch of KSP takes 15min. If it fails I'll send you the logs.

Not the RAM. Here are the Logs:
http://getwebb.org/d/p4iKLvTs

Edited by OverlordMorgoth

@OverlordMorgoth Here's what I found in the logs:

[EXC 12:12:05.898] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.LateUpdate ()

From my understanding, this Nullref spam is caused by either a planet that failed to load, or something that is wrong with the homeworld.

Send me this folder as a zip: /KSPDirectory/Logs/Kopernicus

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.