0.16 PartTools

Mu.

Hi all,

Here is the 0.16 PartTools package. Improvements include the ability to serialize wheel colliders and GameObject tags. Tags are important to create ladders and hatches for EVA and will be used to create hotspots for IVA.

Mu

Finally m8, did you also fix the Emissive/Bumped Specular Shader? And any tutorial inbound about how to create laders and hatches? If not, give the info to me and I\'ll create a video tutorial about it.

Finally m8, did you also fix the Emissive/Bumped Specular Shader? And any tutorial inbound about how to create laders and hatches? If not, give the info to me and I\'ll create a video tutorial about it.

Here\'s some stuff from DYJ:
1. Create a box around your airlock in your modelling software

2. Load your stuff into unity

3. Add a unity tag named 'Airlock' and a layer named 'Part Triggers'

4. Assign the tag to your airlock and move it to the Part Triggers layer you just created

5. Use the new yet to be released parttools or devhax to export your part.

Eeh, I\'m telling a moderator to scroll up ;P

Don\'t. Ever. Do. This. Again.

Kidding :P

DYJ wrote about airlocks only (BTW how did he manage to know that? ???). For ladders, we need to know proper tag names. And as for modelling internals spaces (is it what PropTools are for?) -- there\'s no information at all.

If you posted the actual error someone might.

Anyway, I don't have the necessary hard disk space to install Unity (I'm not kidding, I have an ancient 80gb drive with about half a gb free, a replacement is on its way though).

Is it possible to add ladders and airlocks the old collada and obj files or do they have to be .mu?

If they must be .mu files then I guess I'll have to wait a while

You actually have to right-click on Meshrenderer and delete it, then go to Component -> Physics -> Mesh Collider (the same way you'd do for a part's node collider). Not sure if it can cause bugs, but don't forget to check the Is Convex box, should be safe that way.

I get the following error when importing the parttools into unity "Assets/Plugins/Editor/PartToolsEditor.cs(115,37): error CS0103: The name `PrefabUtility' does not exist in the current context"

It seems the parttools won't compile because of this.

Anyone here that could help me with this problem?

In part tools my objects nose is pointing along z axis but when I export to the game it ends up sideways? Why is that, I have cleared all rotations from the empty game object containing script and also the meshes.

In part tools my objects nose is pointing along z axis but when I export to the game it ends up sideways? Why is that, I have cleared all rotations from the empty game object containing script and also the meshes.
KSP is Y up axis. Try rotating the part 90 degrees on the x or z axis in Unity.

just follow hatch tutorial by DYJ but replace tag-Airlock with tag-Ladder done it myself and now have a working command pod

and dont forget to add Part Triggers to layer 21 shuld work

and(again?) hatch needs to be same hight or bigger than a kerbal and not inside a collision mesh

Edited by vegany