[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

5 hours ago, Mlgisawsome02 said:

iirc that is a problem with the eve visual mod, not this mod although, i may be wrong;) 

That is most likely a scatterer big in fact. See the Scatterer OP for a solution.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

If using my latest scatterer that is 1.9 ready, you should be advised that this pack does not have the Spec R G B vailues set correctly for Kerbin.  Kerbin's new Atlas-based ultra shader interprets these values differently, and as such, in 1.9, the values are approximate 5x as potent.  You will need to divide them by 5 to make them look "correct."  You can find these values in [KSP Install Dir]\Gamedata\scatterer\config\Planets\Kerbin\atmo.cfg

The new scatterer will not autoadjust these values (as we'd lose precision by doing so, technically, and if you lowered your settings from ultra, it'd all be wrong), whether official or in my preview builds.  You will probably want to make a "1.9 ultra shader" version of your texture packs to compensate for this strange behavior of the new Atlas shader.  The only world currently incorperating this Shader is Kerbin in KSP 1.9+.  Thanks.

Edited by R-T-B

13 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

Hello all,

If using my latest scatterer that is 1.9 ready, you should be advised that this pack does not have the Spec R G B vailues set correctly for Kerbin.  Kerbin's new Atlas-based ultra shader interprets these values differently, and as such, in 1.9, the values are approximate 5x as potent.  You will need to divide them by 5 to make them look "correct."  You can find these values in [KSP Install Dir]\Gamedata\scatterer\config\Planets\Kerbin\atmo.cfg

The new scatterer will not autoadjust these values (as we'd lose precision by doing so, technically, and if you lowered your settings from ultra, it'd all be wrong), whether official or in my preview builds.  You will probably want to make a "1.9 ultra shader" version of your texture packs to compensate for this strange behavior of the new Atlas shader.  The only world currently incorperating this Shader is Kerbin in KSP 1.9+.  Thanks.

Gotcha, I was curious why Kerbin looked so hazy. Many thanks!

Quick update coming out! I fixed up the atmosphere on Kerbin and Jool to allow more of the surface texture to be visible from orbit, and in the case of Kerbin, to remove a lot of the artifact banding that you usually see along the ground.

Spectra 1.2.5

3 hours ago, Yoloking Mapping said:

I love this mod! The performance is very good. But i have this bug where Kerbin's terrain or land looks a bit brown.

Hello! That brown/red hue is on purpose, I was messing around with settings and and thought it looked interesting, so I put it in the current release. Do you not like it? I can tell you how to remove it if you like, or I might take it out in a future release.

5 hours ago, O YEAAAAAAH Mr Crabs said:

@Avera9eJoe  By no kopernicus on the 1.9 release do you mean that I cant use it yet until kopernicus 1.9.1 is released or jsut that I do not need kopernicus to run it?

Spectra runs fine in 1.9 but you won't be able to use Kopernicus since it isn't updated yet. You can still use Spectra with Eve and Scatterer, just not Kopernicus :)

8 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hello! That brown/red hue is on purpose, I was messing around with settings and and thought it looked interesting, so I put it in the current release. Do you not like it? I can tell you how to remove it if you like, or I might take it out in a future release.

Actually, that does make sense. I have just seen Earth from space images and it has this brown/red hue. I can agree it does look interesting. Thanks for the info!NHI88th.png

Excellent visual mod! But my planets doesn't look much compare to the images, I have 1.9 (unofficial) Scatterer and EVE but, only Moho, Pol, Kerbin and Minmus look similar, Eve do have some yellow clouds but very narrow and Jool doesn't even have visible bands. Also Duna doesn't have blue tint with scatterer on. Could you please help? 

Edited by Sirius K

5 hours ago, Sirius K said:

Excellent visual mod! But my planets doesn't look much compare to the images, I have 1.9 (unofficial) Scatterer and EVE but, only Moho, Pol, Kerbin and Minmus look similar, Eve do have some yellow clouds but very narrow and Jool doesn't even have visible bands. Also Duna doesn't have blue tint with scatterer on. Could you please help? 

Are you installing manually or using CKAN? Also, can you try removing scatterer and seeing what happens? It sometimes caused issues too.

11 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Are you installing manually or using CKAN? Also, can you try removing scatterer and seeing what happens? It sometimes caused issues too.

At first I used CKAN, the planets look similar to what I describe. After that I do it manually, with all stuff imported except texture replacer, and it's still the same. When I don't have scatterer, Duna loads with a blue tint, Eve doesn't have any visible bands and so does Jool. Also there's no similar without scatterer

Edited by Sirius K

1 hour ago, Sirius K said:

At first I used CKAN, the planets look similar to what I describe. After that I do it manually, with all stuff imported except texture replacer, and it's still the same. When I don't have scatterer, Duna loads with a blue tint, Eve doesn't have any visible bands and so does Jool. Also there's no similar without scatterer

Did you open up the EVE GUI at all?

On 4/13/2020 at 2:55 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Did you open up the EVE GUI at all?

I did open EVE gui but if editing the appearance, I did that only on AVP. Also I think that most atmospheric planet only show EVE and Scatterer, only the aurora originate from Spectra

Edited by Sirius K

4 hours ago, Sirius K said:

I did open EVE gui but if editing the appearance, I did that only on AVP. Also I think that most atmospheric planet only show EVE and Scatterer, only the aurora originate from Spectra

Wait, do you have AVP installed at the same time? AVP and Spectra are not compatible, you can only use one EVE cloud pack at a time :P

If you did open the GUI, delete the Spectra folder and replace it. I did some modulemanager edits in the EVE configs, and opening the gui can remove them and break the cloud effects. This is the cause of Blue-duna. Could you take a picture of Duna just so I can see what it looks like on your end?

2 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Wait, do you have AVP installed at the same time? AVP and Spectra are not compatible, you can only use one EVE cloud pack at a time :P

If you did open the GUI, delete the Spectra folder and replace it. I did some modulemanager edits in the EVE configs, and opening the gui can remove them and break the cloud effects. This is the cause of Blue-duna. Could you take a picture of Duna just so I can see what it looks like on your end?

Well, uhhhh I'm not on my PC now but y Duna with Spectra and Scatterer, is just scatterer and EVE, also I have AVP before but I removed that, my EVE was using with AVP before so do I need to replace?

6 hours ago, Sirius K said:

Well, uhhhh I'm not on my PC now but y Duna with Spectra and Scatterer, is just scatterer and EVE, also I have AVP before but I removed that, my EVE was using with AVP before so do I need to replace?

Replace it just in case. Also check for a folder in GameData called Boulder CO and make sure you remove that too if it's there. Last time I checked AVP's config files were a mess so there could be lingering files. I'd remove and reinstall any mod that is related to EVE

10 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Replace it just in case. Also check for a folder in GameData called Boulder CO and make sure you remove that too if it's there. Last time I checked AVP's config files were a mess so there could be lingering files. I'd remove and reinstall any mod that is related to EVE

I've now deleted Scatterer, EVE, Spectra and Kopernicus, and redownload with the newest unofficial 1.9 EVE and Scatterer, as well as Kopernicus and Spectra. but everything is still the same, do I need to delete all visual mods, enter ksp, exit and reinstall the visual mods?

5 hours ago, Sirius K said:

cx3O4Qp.pngnUf0xGz.pngjNDVv4Q.png0ku6RWU.pngE93I1PO.pngEX3eb4e.pngoieuHtE.pngUBHlfMj.pngpO1d8tZ.pngzLftQBI.png

I've screenshot all the celestial bodies that are affected by Spectra.

I also have saves that has AVP before, do i need to remove that?

You shouldn't need to remove save files. Duna doesn't look quite right in your images though; if you watch the trailer video you'll see that finna is supposed to have a blush purple time to it

2 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

You shouldn't need to remove save files. Duna doesn't look quite right in your images though; if you watch the trailer video you'll see that finna is supposed to have a blush purple time to it

How do I fix this problem though, I've tried reinstalling scatterer, Kopernicus and Spectra and EVE, but it's still looks the same as before.