[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

8 minutes ago, THX-1138 said:

Hello Avera9eJoe,

Understood but here is an idea.  Could you change the existing KSPRC "citylights" tiles to be of a "darker" color for day time so it can appear as streets?  I am no digital artist to know how to technically pull it off but think of it being a "photographic" negative of the existing KSPRC "citylights" to be "turned on" during day time.  If not, no problem since I am happy with the KSPRC city lights in Spectra.  Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Hm... that is an interesting idea and it would save finding new textures. I might give that a try.

Hi, and sorry for my bad english,

I followed the instructions but when i launch KSP i have little pink cats with rainbow and text : bad version of korpenicus

I'm on KSP1.9.1 and last Update of kopernicus (link in spectra folder) is 1.8.1

Last up for EVE is 1.8

But in your thread its 1.9.1, i dont understand when i can install this mod if dependencies arent update for 1.9.1.

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, Kapu said:

Hi, and sorry for my bad english,

I followed the instructions but when i launch KSP i have little pink cats with rainbow and text : bad version of korpenicus

I'm on KSP1.9.1 and last Update of kopernicus (link in spectra folder) is 1.8.1

Last up for EVE is 1.8

But in your thread its 1.9.1, i dont understand when i can install this mod if dependencies arent update for 1.9.1.

Thanks in advance

If you are an experienced programmer, it is possible to create your own version of Kopernicus that will work in 1.9.1, but for the rest of us, the latest version only works with 1.8.1. 

Either revert to 1.8.1 and use all of Spectra, or stay in 1.9.1 and only use Scatterer and EVE.

2 hours ago, Sirius K said:

I don't see the dust storms on Duna, how often do they happen?

You might need to go to some lower terrain, the storms are close to the surface so highlands obscure them

Just wanted to drop by and let you know my KSP has never looked this beautiful before. I've just been to Minmus for the first time in SPECTRA and man, I can almost taste that mint ice cream! :cool: Thanks for this great beautification mod! I look forward to visiting the other planets/moons. Still in the beginning of my Kerbalism/Probes Before Crew career game setting up satellite networks and getting used to Kerbalism's features.

Here's some screenies:

BXG4vHF.jpg

pLIT6f2.jpg

XgYMHwQ.png

9gsP3PY.png

5FBc0TG.jpg

2 hours ago, hoover2701 said:

Just wanted to drop by and let you know my KSP has never looked this beautiful before. I've just been to Minmus for the first time in SPECTRA and man, I can almost taste that mint ice cream! :cool: Thanks for this great beautification mod! I look forward to visiting the other planets/moons. Still in the beginning of my Kerbalism/Probes Before Crew career game setting up satellite networks and getting used to Kerbalism's features.

Here's some screenies:

BXG4vHF.jpg

pLIT6f2.jpg

XgYMHwQ.png

9gsP3PY.png

5FBc0TG.jpg

Those are incredible! Do you mind if I add these to an album and link them in the original post with your username? I'm glad you like all of the effects so much!

7 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Those are incredible! Do you mind if I add these to an album and link them in the original post with your username? I'm glad you like all of the effects so much!

Go ahead! It would be an honour! :cool: I've got loads more as I am a screenshot junkie. If you don't mind I'll post some new shots here now and then...

4 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Should I start a fan picture album?

Affirmative!

OK, here are some more screenshots. As I said I haven't left Kerbin's SOI yet so that's all I have up to now. I should mention that I've installed some other cosmetic mods such as Scatterer, Distant Object Enhancement, Environmental Visual Enhancements, Planet Shine, Pood's Deep Star Skymap, KSPRC City Lights and a more cloudy KerbinMain.dds. I can also recommend TUFX with Zorg's Default Settings for post-processing.

Here we go:

i4hohgP.png

d508WfH.png

HGkBjqU.jpg

MOH35o6.png

hJ0SZhG.png

4Uf5Mu3.jpg

jiTrXHZ.png

Dbh36Dr.png

eEnsVnF.jpg

MXRbIFw.png

CiUO5Dz.png

OO9D1ch.jpg

19 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

You might need to go to some lower terrain, the storms are close to the surface so highlands obscure them

Can I make it higher in the config?

1 hour ago, rebel-1 said:

OK mans. How is perfomance?

Performance isn't too bad. Spectra is one of if not the best optimized cloudpack. That said you will lose frames simply because you are adding extra particles and effects. I can't give you an estimate on how many frames you'll lose so your best bet is to install it yourself and see

27 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Performance isn't too bad. Spectra is one of if not the best optimized cloudpack. That said you will lose frames simply because you are adding extra particles and effects. I can't give you an estimate on how many frames you'll lose so your best bet is to install it yourself and see

I tried it for a couple of years - it was terrible. It was impossible to play. But they persuaded me to try))))

1 hour ago, rebel-1 said:

I tried it for a couple of years - it was terrible. It was impossible to play. But they persuaded me to try))))

Which visual pack did you try? FPS is highly dependent on the pack. Also what CPU/GPU do you have? KSP is CPU intensive (Physics calculations) while visual packs are GPU intensive (Particles & textures). Packs with more particles are much more laggy than packs without. I optimized Spectra to look as good as I could with as few particles as possible so the lag it causes is much less than most packs

Edited by Avera9eJoe

9 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Which visual pack did you try? FPS is highly dependent on the pack. Also what CPU/GPU do you have? KSP is CPU intensive (Physics calculations) while visual packs are GPU intensive (Particles & textures). Packs with more particles are much more laggy than packs without. I optimized Spectra to look as good as I could with as few particles as possible so the lag it causes is much less than most packs

On a system where another visual package goes without problems in the maximum settings - this drop FPS to minimum.

8 hours ago, rebel-1 said:

On a system where another visual package goes without problems in the maximum settings - this drop FPS to minimum.

Are you saying that Spectra drops your FPS to a minimum and other visual packs do not?