[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

I don't know how all the ckan stuff works but windowshine just adds pretty stuff so guessing that why ckan says that but there isn't any problems with TR now TRR has some problems right now that I haven't run into with TR and yes I read you whole post and really don't know why people ask if there going to fix something they haven't even tied ? As how you know if its even broke ?

What Is causing this problem where the effects are rendered upside down and do not align with the terrain when moving the camera around? Any ideas on how to fix it?

utaTQlS.jpg

Edited by Dooz

1 hour ago, Dooz said:

What Is causing this problem where the effects are rendered upside down and do not align with the terrain when moving the camera around? Any ideas on how to fix it?

utaTQlS.jpg

It's got something to do with Scartterer I bet. Can you remove it and see if this persists? Only time I've seen this before was underwater.

8 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

It's got something to do with Scartterer I bet. Can you remove it and see if this persists? Only time I've seen this before was underwater.

Disabled post processing on scatterer and it fixed it.

14 hours ago, Poodmund said:

It's not really a solution though as that feature is like 50% of what Scatterer is as a mod.

:/ true but I don't really know the root of the issue yet. @Dooz Do you know if this issue has been reported when only Scatterer is installed?

EDIT: Sorry @13gaw I missed your question D: @Galileo is right are you running in 32 bit or 64? It sounds like you're running out of RAM (An issue with 32 bit KSP)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

8 hours ago, 13gaw said:

I've followed all of the instructions bundled in the download, yet KSP crashes as soon as the loading is complete - It doesn't even get to the homepage. Do you have any suggestions?

Run the game in x64 bit

Is there something to do with Spectra that might disappear all Kerbin's land when in a higher altitude? The whole planet is just ocean. 

EDIT: Land mass disappears at ~130km. I think I can also make out some shader detail that would usually overlay mountains.

Image:

Spoiler

220200_20180818170855_1.png

Edited by PataSolar

4 hours ago, PataSolar said:

Is there something to do with Spectra that might disappear all Kerbin's land when in a higher altitude? The whole planet is just ocean. 

EDIT: Land mass disappears at ~130km. I think I can also make out some shader detail that would usually overlay mountains.

Image:

Reveal hidden contents

220200_20180818170855_1.png

Yeah its an issue with my Scatterer configs. Hoping to get it fixed soon but no promises. A quick fix would be to delete the folder/files at "GameData/Spectra/Spectra_scatterer/Planets/Kerbin"

What this does is delete my custom atmospheres on Kerbin, replacing them with Scatterer's default atmospheres.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

16 hours ago, PataSolar said:

Thanks  @Avera9eJoe. Apologies if information on the issue was more evident than I thought. I do try to look through the forums first. Great visual mod, by the way!

xD no worries man! If ever have any other questions/concerns (or suggestions) I'm happy to help. And thanks :D

Edited by Avera9eJoe

On 8/14/2018 at 6:22 PM, Galileo said:

Run the game in x64 bit

So I bought the game from the website, and in the KSP folder all that shows is a KSP.exe, I know that there used to be a KSPx64.exe or something similar, but I'm not seeing that. Am I missing something?Pm7yYIK.jpg

4 hours ago, 13gaw said:

So I bought the game from the website, and in the KSP folder all that shows is a KSP.exe, I know that there used to be a KSPx64.exe or something similar, but I'm not seeing that. Am I missing something?Pm7yYIK.jpg

Yo! It looks like you grabbed the 32 bit version instead of the 64 bit. 32 bit version doesn't have the KSPx64_Data  folder (forget the exact spelling ATM) or KSPx64.exe

Edited by Avera9eJoe

3 hours ago, Athur Dent said:

Hey guys,

does this mod currently work with Extrasolar? I'm aware that spectra doesn't improve the Extrasolar planets, but is it compatible with Extrasolars own visuals?

Woah.. this mod? I haven't even seen it before sorry :D that looks gorgeous. If it only adds planets and doesn't effect the stock solar system than I think its worth trying to run both.

On 8/22/2018 at 3:07 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Yo! It looks like you grabbed the 32 bit version instead of the 64 bit. 32 bit version doesn't have the KSPx64_Data  folder (forget the exact spelling ATM) or KSPx64.exe

Ah, so I select the installer x64? I was installing the x86.

Thanks for all your help, by the way!

3 hours ago, 13gaw said:

Ah, so I select the installer x64? I was installing the x86.

Thanks for all your help, by the way!

Yep! I usually download the zip but the x64 installer works just as well

Edited by Avera9eJoe

4 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Please put this on CKAN! Looks awesome!

EDIT: I mean make CKAN know this works for 1.4.5 so manual override is not needed.

Thanks for the enthusiasm :D that said though I'm afraid I can't put it on CKAN. The version up right now was uploaded by a third party so I don't know if its up to date. There's too many mod interactions for me to know what to do with CKAN. I always install manually. Its extremely simple and I even made an installation tutorial if the steps in the download aren't enough.

2 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Thanks for the enthusiasm :D that said though I'm afraid I can't put it on CKAN. The version up right now was uploaded by a third party so I don't know if its up to date. There's too many mod interactions for me to know what to do with CKAN. I always install manually. Its extremely simple and I even made an installation tutorial if the steps in the download aren't enough.

You're welcome :) 

I'm the sort of person who isn't bothered installing mods that take more than a minute to put into GameData or require you to manually install dependencies, but I do appreciate your work.

The CKAN submission guide also infers dupe mods will be taken down. I wonder if you could get into contact with the CKAN team and have the 3rd party sub replaced with yours.

6 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

There's too many mod interactions for me to know what to do with CKAN.

Please can you expand on that?

Also you made my KSP crash! D:

17 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

If that was added to Ckan by a 3rd party without your permission of your stuff, it will be removed if you contact the Ckan moderators.

Edited by linuxgurugamer