[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

On 12/26/2017 at 7:34 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Huh... :L if you aren't seeing it on other planets then it's possible it's tied to Kerbin's bad orbital fade. I'll look into it

It probably is, the SVE configs have a slight blend out to that distance. I'm pretty sure it's a boundary of extra geometry that scatterer places into the scene. You could try looking at the SVE configs since they have a nice smooth fade to space for the atmosphere.

Edited by Citizen247

8 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

It probably is, the SVE configs have a slight blend out to that distance. I'm pretty sure it's a boundary of extra geometry that scatterer places into the scene. You could try looking at the SVE configs since they have a nice smooth fade to space for the atmosphere.

Actually, I looked and SVE suffers the same problem. It's due to the .raw files that I import from the Scatterer config program. I wrote a bit more here.

8 hours ago, CanOmer said:

It says "Spectra also works with SVT (Install it normally)" in the Terrain Instructions of Spectra. But it doesn't work. Surface terrain is not exist on the Mun when I checked. (I think SVT terrain is better than KSPRC terrain. So I wanted to use Spectra with SVT.)

Can you give me a step-by-step on how you installed them just to be safe?

2 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Actually, I looked and SVE suffers the same problem. It's due to the .raw files that I import from the Scatterer config program. I wrote a bit more here.

There's still a slight outer edge, but (on my install at least) the atmosphere has a much smoother gradient:

screenshot3.png

screenshot1.png

1 hour ago, CanOmer said:

I installed it via CKAN.

Ah. That's the first thing you did wrong :wink: Try manually installing it. Just in case, you should delete the Spectra_Kopernicus config from GameData/Spectra/Configs too. I forget exactly what the config file is called but it'll be related to kopernicus.

26 minutes ago, Citizen247 said:

There's still a slight outer edge, but (on my install at least) the atmosphere has a much smoother gradient:

screenshot3.png

screenshot1.png

Huh... I might look into that then. Sadly though Spectra uses a much more blue config than SVE and so using the .raw files from there isn't going to work (it's also very unethical so I don't particularly want to :/).

1 minute ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Huh... I might look into that then. Sadly though Spectra uses a much more blue config than SVE and so using the .raw files from there isn't going to work (it's also very unethical so I don't particularly want to :/).

Sure, but hopefully it might help you pin the issue down. Good luck!

28 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Ah. That's the first thing you did wrong :wink: Try manually installing it. Just in case, you should delete the Spectra_Kopernicus config from GameData/Spectra/Configs too. I forget exactly what the config file is called but it'll be related to kopernicus.

Should I delete this to activate SVT:

..\GameData\Spectra\Spectra_configs\Kopernicus_terrain.cfg

2 hours ago, CanOmer said:

Should I delete this to activate SVT:

..\GameData\Spectra\Spectra_configs\Kopernicus_terrain.cfg

Yep! That's the config that Spectra uses to tell kopernicus what textures to apply and where. Delete that and install SVE and it should work right. Installing manually is always safer than CKAN when mixing and matching mods that do the same thing. Atleast in this case.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, montyben101 said:

Wow, amazing work this mod looks phenomenal! Best part was almost your installation guide though, wish all mods had one which was that easy to follow!

Thank you so much! :D I did my best to keep it simple :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, TheYelpfulCast said:

Really nice work you put into this pack! After modifying the scatterer configs, I came up with this...

My Kerbin has never looked this amazing...

CEjNi2A.jpg

Pretty good!

hNGkqM0.jpg

Clouds from low kerbin orbit looks REALLY good, especially when used with Galileo's Rescale! configs.

Album:

https://imgur.com/a/iRtpD

Oh my God that's incredible. Thank you so much! That intense shade of blue is exactly what I wanted to add in Spectra, though all of my configurations didn't pan out nearly as well as yours... Could I PM you something actually? I might like to look at your settings. That picture honestly blows my mind.

12 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Oh my God that's incredible. Thank you so much! That intense shade of blue is exactly what I wanted to add in Spectra, though all of my configurations didn't pan out nearly as well as yours... Could I PM you something actually? I might like to look at your settings. That picture honestly blows my mind.

Sure thing! Right now Im going to try and replicate my changes in the stock sized system to see how that turns out.

• 2 weeks later...

When I installed this pack, the textures on the oceans were missing. I checked Laythe and Kerbin, and I assume by extension so is Eve's. I still collide with it at 0 meters, but it is invisible

Any reply would be very helpful, as everything else looks great and works like a charm.

Thanks for doing this, Avera9eJoe!

Thanks for the complement on the visuals! Sorry to hear your oceans aren't working though... Which version of Scatterer are you using? That's gotta be a Scatterer bug since that's what the oceans are from. Could be that something changed with his latest release that I haven't checked yet.

36 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Thanks for the complement on the visuals! Sorry to hear your oceans aren't working though... Which version of Scatterer are you using? That's gotta be a Scatterer bug since that's what the oceans are from. Could be that something changed with his latest release that I haven't checked yet.

I got it to work, thanks so much. I just reinstalled scatterer from the forums page. Also, has anyone ever had trouble opening solar panels? It seemingly won't let me in this pack. There isn't even an option in the interaction menu.

3 hours ago, 13gaw said:

I got it to work, thanks so much. I just reinstalled scatterer from the forums page. Also, has anyone ever had trouble opening solar panels? It seemingly won't let me in this pack. There isn't even an option in the interaction menu.

Huh... Nothing to do with probe core control or type of panel perhaps? That sounds like it could be a Reflection Plugin issue. Could you move the WindowShine folder out of GameData, reboot, and see if the menus show up?

11 hours ago, mindseyemodels said:

does this mod stop working if you have kopernicus mods installed? because i have the new horizons mod that makes kerbin orbit a gas giant and i am installing this via ckan so am i doing something wrong? because it seems to not do anything...

Huh... I've never tested Spectra on any system altering mods so I'm afraid you've got more experience than I do at this point... My guess is that changing planet order (and everything else involved) didn't play well with Spectra's configs. You might have better luck trying out a mod that adds planets without changing the stock system but I honestly don't know much in this department since I've only ever played with the stock system. Galileo would know more since he's made visual packs for his GPP mod.

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:15 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Huh... I've never tested Spectra on any system altering mods so I'm afraid you've got more experience than I do at this point... My guess is that changing planet order (and everything else involved) didn't play well with Spectra's configs. You might have better luck trying out a mod that adds planets without changing the stock system but I honestly don't know much in this department since I've only ever played with the stock system. Galileo would know more since he's made visual packs for his GPP mod.

btw something about this mod and kopernicus just doesn't mix at all on account of and i quote "kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process. loading your savegame is NOT recommended as it could corrupt it and delete our progress.

please contact the planet pack author or the kopernicus team about the issue and send them a valid bug report, including your ksp.log, your module manager.ConficCache file and the folder logs/kopernicus/ from your ksp root directory" does that mean anything to anyone on how to fix it?  or maybe the mod just needs to be updated to the latest version of kopernicus

Edited by mindseyemodels

Hello, perhaps an odd request... Could we please get a screenshot of KSP's opening menu screen? I think this would be a good indication of whether everything is installed correctly by letting us immediately compare our home screen Kerbin against the screenshot.

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, prototype said:

Hello, perhaps an odd request... Could we please get a screenshot of KSP's opening menu screen? I think this would be a good indication of whether everything is installed correctly by letting us immediately compare our home screen Kerbin against the screenshot.

Thanks!

Aye that's a great idea - I'll upload one when I get home (unless something's in the way).