[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

1 hour ago, 5kyle said:

hey guys, i have this bug where the sun's reflection on kerbin is yellow. Just like in @airtrafficcontroller  second image. Do you have any idea what is causing this ? 

thank you :)

Yes! You need to change the configs outside the game, inside Spectra folder there are some .cfg files for scatterer, open it and change all the "skyExtinctionTint" values to 1.

The tint configs used to match the planet textures on KSP 1.4, now it need some fine tunes again, I'll try to help Avera9eJoe when my vacations starts, next week.

Edited by airtrafficcontroller

2 hours ago, 5kyle said:

thank you ! to make sure, even those set to 0 ? 

Shure.

You can see the changes puting a craft on the launchpad, zoom out the max you can and use the Scatterer buton (the blue sphere) to change configs the way you like. I will not save the changes because module manager takes it from Spectra configs.

Getting a blue duna, but it seems different than the one on the previous page of the forum. Its a much brighter blue, and I'm on the latest version of Kopernicus. Here's a screenshot. https://imgur.com/a/SzMxqaO

EDIT: I removed EVE from the game and it seemed to make it non blue, so it seems to part of those configs.

But also thanks for doing all this work in making a beautiful visual pack.

Edited by cooltot

1 hour ago, cooltot said:

Getting a blue duna, but it seems different than the one on the previous page of the forum. Its a much brighter blue, and I'm on the latest version of Kopernicus. Here's a screenshot. https://imgur.com/a/SzMxqaO

EDIT: I removed EVE from the game and it seemed to make it non blue, so it seems to part of those configs.

But also thanks for doing all this work in making a beautiful visual pack.

Do you have any other visual mods installed, and have you ever opened the EVE GUI? If you hit save, it deletes some of the modulemanager lines that turn on/off when Spectra detects Scatterer.

14 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Do you have any other visual mods installed, and have you ever opened the EVE GUI? If you hit save, it deletes some of the modulemanager lines that turn on/off when Spectra detects Scatterer.

No other visual mods, but I have opened the EVE GUI. Is there a way to fix those lines?

EDIT: Installed it on a clean save and no issue, so it looks like its one of my other mods screwing it up. Sorry for bothering you. I'm going to go and try to fix it

EDIT 2: Looks its a problem with "The World Beyond."

EDIT 3: clean install with both the world beyond and spectra confirms this.

Edited by cooltot

Hello! I installed Spectra a week a two ago and i started to notice something strange: all clouds were 2D. I went into the EVE toolbar from the KSC screen and i activated the option for 3D clouds. The problem is, i could only do this for Kerbin and it wouldn't let me switch to the options for other planets. For example, i used Hyperedit Hyperedit to get to Eve and the clouds were still 2D. Does anybody know how i could solve the problem? Thanks! :)

Edit: I've found out how to change the settings for other planets too. I went into tracking station and by switching the planet it also switches it in the EVE toolbar. But now i have other problems: Duna is way too blue. It has a visible layer of blue colour above the atmosphere. At Duna i left all setings the same way they were initially. There are 3 settings named Duna-atmoScatterer-blue. The more of them i enable, the bluer it gets.

Link: https://imgur.com/G7IX9Iv

Edit 2 (last one probably): I found out how to solve the problem. It only ocurrs if i change some settings in the EVE Toolbar and press apply. Otherwise, the blue layer works like a  gradient (whatever that means).

Edited by Ovi

On 1/22/2019 at 1:51 AM, MysticDaedra said:

CKAN version still says 1.4.4... Is this compatible with 1.6? I'm actually a bit concerned for the KSP modding community, now that we are in 3 month "major" update cycles. 

On 1/22/2019 at 6:32 PM, Benji13 said:

Kind of confused about the versioning here...

CKAN and Spacedock both say that Spectra is for 1.4.4, yet the title here says 1.6. 

Don't use the CKAN version, I did not make it. Spectra should work fine in 1.6, but you have to follow the manual instructions (very easy to do). The mod pulls from Proot's Renaissance Compilation so I couldn't use CKAN.

On 1/23/2019 at 7:20 AM, Ovi said:

Hello! I installed Spectra a week a two ago and i started to notice something strange: all clouds were 2D. I went into the EVE toolbar from the KSC screen and i activated the option for 3D clouds. The problem is, i could only do this for Kerbin and it wouldn't let me switch to the options for other planets. For example, i used Hyperedit Hyperedit to get to Eve and the clouds were still 2D. Does anybody know how i could solve the problem? Thanks! :)

Edit: I've found out how to change the settings for other planets too. I went into tracking station and by switching the planet it also switches it in the EVE toolbar. But now i have other problems: Duna is way too blue. It has a visible layer of blue colour above the atmosphere. At Duna i left all setings the same way they were initially. There are 3 settings named Duna-atmoScatterer-blue. The more of them i enable, the bluer it gets.

Link: https://imgur.com/G7IX9Iv

Edit 2 (last one probably): I found out how to solve the problem. It only ocurrs if i change some settings in the EVE Toolbar and press apply. Otherwise, the blue layer works like a  gradient (whatever that means).

If you ever hit SAVE in the EVE GUI it breaks Duna's shaders- they have a custom command to auto enable/disable when you have Scatterer installed and hitting save reformats the .cfg and breaks that command.

On 1/23/2019 at 9:17 AM, jospanner said:

Anyone had joy running this with OPM + OPMVO? I've tried putting them side-by-side but all that happens is that Spectra's clouds config does not seem to work. Astronomer's pack works with OPM so maybe it can, in theory, be done.

Hm, I don't know how Astronomer has it set up but planet packs tend to change the fundamentals of KSP's planetary system/naming config, and so it isn't an easy fix to make a visual pack work with it sadly :/

Hi! I have an issue with the scatterer config and I haven't found this digging through the old pages of this thread.

When climbing to high space alt around kerbin, the land fades out until I'm left with an ocean planet. I removed the spectra scatterer config and then the terrain was back. Any idea? Thanks!

QoqzYGn.png

On 1/30/2019 at 10:54 AM, mimblgrimpf said:

Hi! I have an issue with the scatterer config and I haven't found this digging through the old pages of this thread.

When climbing to high space alt around kerbin, the land fades out until I'm left with an ocean planet. I removed the spectra scatterer config and then the terrain was back. Any idea? Thanks!

QoqzYGn.png

You did half the right thing in removing the Spectra Scatterer config- if you go inside that config and just delete the "Kerbin" folder it will fix this issue but leave everything else still correct :) 

12 hours ago, Tyko said:

Beautiful work :) 

Does Spectra work with RSS? Would love to use it on my SSRSS install.

Afraid not :/ lots of major changes between stock and RSS

On 2/1/2019 at 9:15 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

You did half the right thing in removing the Spectra Scatterer config- if you go inside that config and just delete the "Kerbin" folder it will fix this issue but leave everything else still correct :) 

Afraid not :/ lots of major changes between stock and RSS

hey man, saw this mod is updated for 1.6 but spacedock says 1.4.2, is this right?

Greetings, and thank you for providing such a great visual pack! It's not really a GPU demanding pack compared to others, but also beautiful, it really took my gameplay to a new level.

However I soon found out that the sun becomes a burning potato without scatterer installed: 

3Zwl54e.png

After messing around with the files I found these lines in Kopernicus_terrain.cfg:

Light
	{
		sunLensFlareColor = 0, 0, 0, 0
		sunAU = 2500000000
	}

I figured that these lines are used to disable the stock flares so the scatterer flare can stand out. But I really don't have a PC can run that, so I replaced these lines with the lines in SVE:

Light
		{
			//sunLensFlareColor = 255, 255, 255, 40
			//sunAU = 2500000000
			sunlightIntensity = 0.75
			scaledSunlightIntensity = 0.65
			IVASunIntensity = 0.75
		}

Then the stock sun flare is back!

hSnymLC.png

Probably useful for those who doesn't have a computer to run Scatterer. :P

Edited by Cat91

On 2/1/2019 at 4:15 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

I have been having the same problem. I removed the Kerbin config, but now the terrain is low quality and the shoreline glitches out. I have also noticed the water just disappears.

On 1/30/2019 at 7:54 PM, mimblgrimpf said:

QoqzYGn.png

Hi mimblgrimpf, and everyone around! First post here, so I'll take the time to thank you all for the work and information you spread in this place.

I had the same issue regarding the land disappearing once I reach an altitude of 140km. I'm running KSP 1.6.1 with Spectra 1.1.7, with PlanetShine, DistantObjectEnhancement, and KS3P.

Here's the fix I found out:

You can edit the scatterer config file for Kerbin that Spectra uses (Spectra/Spectra_scatterer/Planets/Kerbin/atmo) and tweak the skyExtinctionMultiplier on the last item (where altitude value is 140000) from 0.06 to 1. I also changed skyExtinctionTint from 1.5 to 0.5 to reduce the yellow tint on the sun's reflexion, and adjusted these values for the two previous items for continuity's sake. You can play with these values in-game from the EVE config UI and finesse them to your own liking (make sure to select the right item for your altitude).

I hope it helps!

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Junyo said:

Hi all, I just installed Spectra, but in my test run I didn't see any city lights on Kerbin on the dark side from orbit. I followed the instructions, what could have gone wrong?

There are no city lights in Spectra- I didn't like having lights when there weren't actual buildings. I'm a practitioner of the underground theory :P

Edited by Avera9eJoe

18 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

There are no city lights in Spectra- I didn't like having lights when there weren't actual buildings. I'm a practitioner of the underground theory :P

Oh ...makes sense in a way, but would there be a way to add them somewhat easily without destroying everything else? :P