Jump to content

[1.11] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.4.0 "Jewel" (2nd July 2020, Force 1.10/1.11 compatibility in CKAN)


Recommended Posts

Speaking of Duna’s blueness, is it just me or has that been cranked up a notch or a dozen since the 1.0 trailer video and images in the OP? It seems like the place is almost downright purple rather than the orangey colours you get to see in those previews. 

Don’t get me wrong, I love the blue terminators, but is that discrepancy on the whole planet real or something I’m making up somehow? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RyanRising said:

Speaking of Duna’s blueness, is it just me or has that been cranked up a notch or a dozen since the 1.0 trailer video and images in the OP? It seems like the place is almost downright purple rather than the orangey colours you get to see in those previews. 

Don’t get me wrong, I love the blue terminators, but is that discrepancy on the whole planet real or something I’m making up somehow? 

It has changed a bit; Scatterer has gone through a number of different iterations in atmosphere settings and so I've had to rebuild it's atmosphere a few times. I aimed for making it as similar to the release trailer as possible- is it off? You can lose focus after staring at the same thing for so long

Edited by Avera9eJoe
Link to post
Share on other sites

From afar, Duna is actually pretty dead-on to the release trailer. But on the ground (and maybe this is because of where I've landed? I don't have a giant sample size, I suppose) even at midday the sky looks much more grey-purple than orange. Compare to 0:34 in the release trailer and to the pictures from ground with scatterer in the OP.

Spoiler

82cV0k6.png

WiM32gO.png

Quite a bit purpler than in the top of the thread:

GYA20mo.png

 

Edited by RyanRising
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, RyanRising said:

From afar, Duna is actually pretty dead-on to the release trailer. But on the ground (and maybe this is because of where I've landed? I don't have a giant sample size, I suppose) even at midday the sky looks much more grey-purple than orange. Compare to 0:34 in the release trailer and to the pictures from ground with scatterer in the OP.

  Hide contents

82cV0k6.png

WiM32gO.png

Quite a bit purpler than in the top of the thread:

GYA20mo.png

 

Ah I see what you mean. :/ I'm not sure if that can be fixed much sadly. There are some really strange interactions between the EVE added glow (the effects added to non-atmospheric bodies) and the Scatterer added atmospheres (the effects added to atmospheric planets). For Duna, because it has two different hues, I had to overlap both EVE glow and Scatterer atmospheres. In more recent updates of Scatterer the effect of EVE glow has become much lessened, and so I had to blue-ify the standard Scatterer atmosphere.

Basically, if I try to make the surface more orange, it will make the entire planet more orange :/

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I might concur with BezKartuza, AVP is another very pretty visual pack that takes a different approach to a few things in comparison to Spectra. AVP Duna looks much more orange than Spectra Duna so that might be what you are looking for :)

Albeit AVP isn't nearly as well optimized as Spectra :P

Kerbin:
uGBye86.png
Duna:
TrLM0BH.png
There you go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, anothernormalplayer said:

By the way. I love this, its the visual enhancements that takes less FPS, and it still looks as if i had Astronomer's Visual Pack installed.

:D thank you for the complement! I had to limit the number of extra features in order to save FPS but for me it was well worth it:

  • I could have added snow to Kerbin/Laythe's poles but it reduced FPS anywhere on the planet by ~20
  • I could have used UVNoise to make clouds shift more but it also had a massive impact on performance, both in-flight and in map view

I also did a number of tests with reducing the number of cloud particles and found a setting that looked just as good as default EVE but had a much lower performance impact :) All in all I'm very happy with how the pack has turned out.

 

It sounds like everything working normally now?

Edited by Avera9eJoe
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, John Wayne said:

I'm on 1.8.1 and I don't think my terrain is correct. I also have no config for AtmosphereManager or ShadowManager either.

 

emAMZRk.png

Spectra only uses EVE's CloudsManager and does not use TerrainManager, AtmosphereManager, or ShadowManager. Instead it uses Kopernicus for terrain and Scatterer for atmosphere. Do you have Kopernicus and Scatterer installed?

Also, did you ever press `save` in the EVE GUI? If you did you will have to reinstall Spectra since hitting save breaks EVE's ModuleManager patches and breaks a few planets atmospheres. You'll have to re-download it if you did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Spectra only uses EVE's CloudsManager and does not use TerrainManager, AtmosphereManager, or ShadowManager. Instead it uses Kopernicus for terrain and Scatterer for atmosphere. Do you have Kopernicus and Scatterer installed?

Also, did you ever press `save` in the EVE GUI? If you did you will have to reinstall Spectra since hitting save breaks EVE's ModuleManager patches and breaks a few planets atmospheres. You'll have to re-download it if you did.

wv1ApZY.png

 

I deleted my KSP steamapp folder and I reinstalled all these and I still have the issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Wayne said:

wv1ApZY.png

I deleted my KSP steamapp folder and I reinstalled all these and I still have the issue.

It is hard to see from that picture if there is actually any issues going on. Could you TP yourself to the surface of Vall? That planet has the most difference from stock so it will be the best example to see if things are broken or not.

Also, what is your OS? I have only tested Spectra with Windows 10.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

It is hard to see from that picture if there is actually any issues going on. Could you TP yourself to the surface of Vall? That planet has the most difference from stock so it will be the best example to see if things are broken or not.

Also, what is your OS? I have only tested Spectra with Windows 10.

I am on Kubuntu 20.04

 

WiD4wPi.png

 

8GgIUAB.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Those images look correct- I think everything is installed correctly.

It could be that something is strange with your OS, but I can't say for certain. Everything looks normal from those pictures.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Those images look correct- I think everything is installed correctly.

It could be that something is strange with your OS, but I can't say for certain. Everything looks normal from those pictures.

Ok I was confused because the textures seem low res and different from some of the screenshots a few pages back. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all! I updated the pictures in the OP, and also added some of your guys fanart :) Let me know if you guys like the new structure

As for the next update for Spectra, I am waiting for the release of Kopernicus for the most recent version and then I should have the next update out soon. Some small bugfixes, not too much.

Edited by Avera9eJoe
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2017 at 11:26 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

This is Spectra, my ultimatum of a visual pack.

Thanks for the frames!  I just switched from Astronomer's after using it religiously for years.  Nice work.

Wanted to send a PM but, I haven't posted enough times lol... I think you mean to say "ultimate visual pack". 

An ultimatum would be like telling us we have to use your visual pack, "or else". :blink:  It's a great visual pack; there's no need to make threats! :lol:

Thanks for your work, looking forward the future releases.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bearfight said:

Thanks for the frames!  I just switched from Astronomer's after using it religiously for years.  Nice work.

Wanted to send a PM but, I haven't posted enough times lol... I think you mean to say "ultimate visual pack". 

An ultimatum would be like telling us we have to use your visual pack, "or else". :blink:  It's a great visual pack; there's no need to make threats! :lol:

Thanks for your work, looking forward the future releases.

Thank you! Glad to hear you're getting good frames :) As for my wording though, 'Ultimatum' also means "a final proposition", I.E. this is my final proposition for a visual pack; my greatest attempt. Then again, if you're using it... ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

As for the next update for Spectra, I am waiting for the release of Kopernicus for the most recent version and then I should have the next update out soon. Some small bugfixes, not too much.

But didn't Kopernicus get forked to 1.9.1? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

But didn't Kopernicus get forked to 1.9.1? 

 

What?! :0.0: I didn't know about this! I'll have to get my update out soon! Once again its just some basic updates to fix a few visual bugs and remove no longer needed planet textures, nothing too crazy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

What?! :0.0: I didn't know about this! I'll have to get my update out soon! Once again its just some basic updates to fix a few visual bugs and remove no longer needed planet textures, nothing too crazy.

No Problem. Glad to Help!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...