[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

1 hour ago, Kerminator1000 said:

So does this work with the new version of Scatterer?

I'm using Spectra with Scatterer 0.0722 and Parallax 1.1.1 in KSP 1.11, but, as noted earlier, I turned off Godrays in the Scatterer UI to squash a repeating error message in the log.

9 hours ago, KSPrynk said:

I'm using Spectra with Scatterer 0.0722 and Parallax 1.1.1 in KSP 1.11, but, as noted earlier, I turned off Godrays in the Scatterer UI to squash a repeating error message in the log.

I just tested it, it does work, despite pink clouds in the main menu, but I was running so many graphics mods and stock terrain shaders that my PC slowed to 1-5 FPS.

Hi

have a question, is scatterer a dependency really or it's just a recomendation?

Looks like I have problem in my instance with Kopernicus and tons of planet packs, there are no clouds around kerbin in tracking station any more (didn't start a flight to see if we have clouds around kerbin in flight or not). How can I narrow down the problem? please don't tell me I need to give the mod list and log files, there are so many mods that It won't help even you !

Edit : Hmm,, spectra has conflict with More TerraWorld?

Edited by Jiraiyah

4 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

have a question, is scatterer a dependency really or it's just a recomendation?

Its a recommendation.

In the first post @Avera9eJoe says:

Bad performance? Try these:

• Remove some extras
    • RealPlume, DistantObjectEnhancement, and Scatterer all tax your GPU. Removing one or more of them (Or any of the other extras) can improve your frames.
  • Remove Scatterer
    • Spectra has backup atmospheres that enable when Scatterer isn't in GameData. Removing Scatterer from GameData will slightly dampen your visuals, but greatly increase your performance. I usually run without Scatterer when not recording because I value my frames.

1 hour ago, Jiraiyah said:

Ummm, why does CKAN say that spectra has conflict with my mod Green Skull Suites? Green skull is body suite mod for texture replacer, why would spectra conflict with that at all?!!!!

Hm... I thought I fixed that :huh: I'll have to go into CKAN meta again, there's no conflict there anymore.

@Avera9eJoe, Hi

I really enjoy your mod for the best visuals out there, how ever, when it comes to Aurora, you may want to adjust it, look at the picture bellow for reference

iss029-e-06020_lrg.jpg

As you see, it's not so flat at the pole and not only inside the atmosphere "Sphere" looking. it spikes out into space. looking at the aurora in spectra mod, it looks like a shader being slapped into a sphere geometry at poles. HERE is the link for the picture in google search, you can see more pictures for reference there.

On 12/24/2020 at 9:15 PM, Jiraiyah said:

@Avera9eJoe, Hi

I really enjoy your mod for the best visuals out there, how ever, when it comes to Aurora, you may want to adjust it, look at the picture bellow for reference

iss029-e-06020_lrg.jpg

As you see, it's not so flat at the pole and not only inside the atmosphere "Sphere" looking. it spikes out into space. looking at the aurora in spectra mod, it looks like a shader being slapped into a sphere geometry at poles. HERE is the link for the picture in google search, you can see more pictures for reference there.

Thank you for the constructive criticism!

Sad to say, but this isn't possible to change at the moment. I'm right there with you that they look unrealistic. The reason it looks like a shader being slapped into a sphere geometry is because that's is exactly what it is- a flat texture being applied to a sphere; the same EVE feature that adds clouds just with a bit of color and glow. :P As it stands there's no way to make textures that are vertical, let alone vertical and shifting. This is the best we can do with KSP at the moment unless someone creates a new mod or addon for EVE that allowed it. Sadly I can't code, so I can't create any new features, simply enhance and add to features already provided in parent mods like EVE and Scatterer. Spectra has no actual code inside it; in it's purest form it's just a bunch of custom textures, config files, and several hundred hours of modifying and optimizing that Scatterer and EVE use to draw better effects.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, T-20000 said:

Is it normal to get some weird clouds?v6JEmne.jpg

That's normal for now... it doesn't effect anything in gameplay, only the menu. It's a side effect of me trying to make Kerbin's sunsets bigger :P I should be addressing that in a upcoming patch.

57 minutes ago, PVA Glue said:

When is this wonderful mod going to be updated for 1.11?

It works with 1.11 right now :) you just need to force compatibility in CKAN with the last few versions of KSP, since the parent mod EVE isn't yet updated to 1.11 causing CKAN to think you can't install it.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

11 hours ago, Scrashdown said:

Hello, first of all congrats on the mod! I really like it, and it runs better than AVP on my machine.

Unfortunately I have an issue with Duna where the atmosphere is completely white, see https://imgur.com/a/hYyvOmt

I'm running Spectra with scatterer, installed via CKAN.

Hm. This is a bug with Scatterer that seems to happen randomly and isn't tied to any particular modpack. Can you try deleting Scatterer from the CKAN cached mods, re-downloading it, and reinstalling it? I haven't seen this bug in a while but I've found that a complete re-download of Scatterer always fixes it. It could be something that's corrupted? @blackrack, have you encountered this/have an answer?

4 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hm. This is a bug with Scatterer that seems to happen randomly and isn't tied to any particular modpack. Can you try deleting Scatterer from the CKAN cached mods, re-downloading it, and reinstalling it? I haven't seen this bug in a while but I've found that a complete re-download of Scatterer always fixes it. It could be something that's corrupted? @blackrack, have you encountered this/have an answer?

In my experience this happens when the paths to the .half files are wrong or the files are missing. So yeah a reinstall/cleanup is needed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2021 at 2:12 AM, Scrashdown said:

Hello, first of all congrats on the mod! I really like it, and it runs better than AVP on my machine.

Unfortunately I have an issue with Duna where the atmosphere is completely white, see https://imgur.com/a/hYyvOmt

I'm running Spectra with scatterer, installed via CKAN.

I have this exact same problem. Unfortunately downloading and reinstalling the latest version of scatterer did not fix it. Apart from this spectra has been literally perfect.

Any possible workarounds?

5 hours ago, geostationary_coffee said:

I have this exact same problem. Unfortunately downloading and reinstalling the latest version of scatterer did not fix it. Apart from this spectra has been literally perfect.

Any possible workarounds?

:L I'm afraid that is the work around. You can see the comment just above yours with a reply from Blackrack, the creator of Scatterer. It's a big related to Scatterer and not Spectra from my knowledge. There's something you can test, though.

Could you completely remove the Spectra folder from GameData and see if Duna is still white?

14 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

:L I'm afraid that is the work around. You can see the comment just above yours with a reply from Blackrack, the creator of Scatterer. It's a big related to Scatterer and not Spectra from my knowledge. There's something you can test, though.

Could you completely remove the Spectra folder from GameData and see if Duna is still white?

Just tried that. Surprisingly removing Spectra seems to fix the problem, as soon as I reinstall Spectra Duna's white atmosphere comes back again.

Also, an interesting thing I discovered is that removing either Spectra or Scatterer fixes the problem, but when both of them are present in the GameData folder at the same time the bug reappears.

Maybe this is caused by some sort of conflict between Spectra and Scatterer?

Edited by geostationary_coffee
added an observation

8 hours ago, geostationary_coffee said:

Just tried that. Surprisingly removing Spectra seems to fix the problem, as soon as I reinstall Spectra Duna's white atmosphere comes back again.

Also, an interesting thing I discovered is that removing either Spectra or Scatterer fixes the problem, but when both of them are present in the GameData folder at the same time the bug reappears.

Maybe this is caused by some sort of conflict between Spectra and Scatterer?

Are you playing on Linux? The Duna config has a case typo in the file URL path. 

Also it should be noted that Spectra is another mod that wastes on download size as it contains both .raw and .half Scatterer files. You can delete the .raw files to save space on your install as they're quite large.

@geostationary_coffee, you can probably have both Spectra and Scatterer installed then delete the whole GameData/Spectra/Spectra_scatterer folder and you'll resolve that issue... and it'll probably look better in the process too as Scatterer's default configs have multiple config points for varying altitude and other new features defined whereas the Spectra configs do not.

Edited by Poodmund

2 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Also it should be noted that Spectra is another mod that wastes on download size as it contains both .raw and .half Scatterer files. You can delete the .raw files to save space on your install as they're quite large.

@geostationary_coffee, you can probably have both Spectra and Scatterer installed then delete the whole GameData/Spectra/Spectra_scatterer folder and you'll resolve that issue... and it'll probably look better in the process too as Scatterer's default configs have multiple config points for varying altitude and other new features defined whereas the Spectra configs do not.

o-O I thought I fixed that... Looks like I'll have to add that to the list again. Also it looks like I forgot to remove the unneeded .raw/.half files >:( I'll mark both down to fix in the future 

15 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Indeed I am playing on Linux!

I tried your suggestion and it worked! Both Scatterer and Spectra are installed and Duna has a normal-looking atmosphere now.