[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

37 minutes ago, Galileo said:

If you want save on download size, you could just make it an MM cfg so you aren't creating a monster download

I don't think I follow... what do you suggest making an MM cfg?

11 minutes ago, Galileo said:

SVT

SVT already has it's own MM cfgs.... :confused: How would it reduce the DL size? I'd have to include all of SVT's terrain textures in the DL for it to work.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

1 minute ago, Avera9eJoe said:

SVT already has it's own MM cfgs.... :confused: How would it reduce the DL size? I'd have to include all of SVT's terrain textures in the DL for it to work.

No you don't, you can just make SVT a dependency and make your changes with a separate MM cfg. Very easy to do

Edited by Galileo

9 minutes ago, Galileo said:

No you don't, you can just make SVT an optional DL and make your changes with a separate MM cfg. Very easy to do

Ahh ok I think I see what you mean - though I think you misinterpreted what I meant with 'changes'. I haven't actually made any personal modifications to SVT (Other than the things I showed you in PM), rather I've been making custom configs for KSPRC textures. My plan was to include an unedited version of SVT in the DL for the sake of simplicity, though on second thought its probably a better plan to just keep it separate. Less work on my end, smaller download, we would both get more downloads, and I wouldn't have to update Spectra every time SVT updates :P

Edited by Avera9eJoe

1 minute ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Ahh ok I think I see what you mean - though I think you misinterpreted what I meant with 'changes'. I haven't actually made any personal modifications to SVT (Other than the things I showed you in PM), rather I've been modding out the KSPRC configs. My plan was to literally include an unedited version of SVT in the DL for the sake of simplicity, though it probably is a better plan to just keep it separate. Less work on my end, smaller downloads, both of us would get more downloads, and I wouldn't have to update Spectra every time SVT updates :P

Oh I don't care about more downloads. By all means, if you want to include it, go ahead. I was just trying to think like a user. I personally hate big downloads, that's why I have obsessed over fixing the dds and OpenGL problem, which I finally fixed. Now I sleep better at night 

Just now, Galileo said:

Oh I don't care about more downloads. By all means, if you want to include it, go ahead. I was just trying to think like a user. I personally hate big downloads, that's why I have obsessed over fixing the dds and OpenGL problem, which I finally fixed. Now I sleep better at night 

lol :) sounds good. I think it would be better to keep them separate though on second thoughts. If I do end up making some custom changes then I'll do what you said and make a custom MM config for SVT that would be in the download. I edited that message a lot in post again :P

Doing another showcase stream tomorrow at 9am PST/noon PST to gather all of your guys final input on surface textures. If you want a say into Spectra, show up to the stream. I'll be chatting with @million_lights in call too - he's been extremely helpful in focusing on the little bugs :). I hope to see some of you guys there!

Twitch.tv/Avera9eJoe

Edited by Avera9eJoe

5 hours ago, Alteroz said:

This is fckn AWESOME! Nice job Avera9eJoe

Btw When Scatterer integration will work with Spectra? Or it ALREADY should work and I have some kind of error?

18 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

Btw When Scatterer integration will work with Spectra? Or it ALREADY should work and I have some kind of error?

It will not work until scatterer fixes some issues with eve integration.

23 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

Could you describe your error? I'm currently using the WIP pre-release of Scatterer, which has new ocean shore features. It's all wrapped in the download as well.

EDIT: But yes as Galileo said Scatterer has some issues with EVE integration and so if you are referring to the integration feature in the scatterer menu config, it's been disabled because its at an incomplete/broken state right now and will take some work before it's usable on any visual pack :P

Edited by Avera9eJoe

17 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Could you describe your error? I'm currently using the WIP pre-release of Scatterer, which has new ocean shore features. It's all wrapped in the download as well.

EDIT: But yes as Galileo said Scatterer has some issues with EVE integration and so if you are referring to the integration feature in the scatterer menu config, it's been disabled because its at an incomplete/broken state right now and will take some work before it's usable on any visual pack :P

Yup, that's exactly what I meant.

17 hours ago, Galileo said:

It will not work until scatterer fixes some issues with eve integration.

Is this terrain glitch caused by scatterer too? (Don't say that it should look like that)

Modlist :

[x] Science!

Audio Muffler Redux

B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings

BetterBurnTime

CameraTools

Chatterer

CollisionFX

CrossFeedEnabler

DistantObject

DMagicScienceAnimate

DynamicTextureLoader

EditorExtensionsRedux

Spectra and everything included in the pack

FShangarExtender

JSI

KittopiaTech

Low_Expectations

Infernal robotics

Mechjeb 2

Scanstat

Tweakscale

1 hour ago, Alteroz said:

Is this terrain glitch caused by scatterer too? (Don't say that it should look like that)

Modlist :

[x] Science!

Audio Muffler Redux

B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings

BetterBurnTime

CameraTools

Chatterer

CollisionFX

CrossFeedEnabler

DistantObject

DMagicScienceAnimate

DynamicTextureLoader

EditorExtensionsRedux

Spectra and everything included in the pack

FShangarExtender

JSI

KittopiaTech

Low_Expectations

Infernal robotics

Mechjeb 2

Scanstat

Tweakscale

To me that looks like you didn't install the KSPRC textures...

32 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

I had the same issue and did install the KSPRC textures.

26 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

I don't know, should it look like that?

That's the wrong file path! :0.0: What version of KSPRC did you copy it from? It should say "KSPRC/Terrain" where you have "KSPRC/Textures". In older versions of KSPRC the terrain folder was placed inside the textures folder. It's probably like that in your game and you can move the terrain folder out of the textures folder and it should work fine? The kopernicus configs don't know where the images are and so they're showing up white in game.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

4 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

That's the wrong file path! :0.0: What version of KSPRC did you copy it from? It should say "KSPRC/Terrain" where you have "KSPRC/Textures". In older versions of KSPRC the terrain folder was placed inside the textures folder. It's probably like that in your game and you can move the terrain folder out of the textures folder and it should work fine? The kopernicus configs don't know where the images are and so they aren't showing up in game.

Oh what a dummy I am! You right, terrain folder was put in the textures pack XD.

26 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

No worries it's an easy mistake :) Proot changed his file path ina more recent upload of his mod so my instructions don't match up 100%.

Now we talking! Vall and other moons looks gorgeous! (I like that light dust layer on the Vall)

2 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

That's the wrong file path! :0.0: What version of KSPRC did you copy it from? It should say "KSPRC/Terrain" where you have "KSPRC/Textures". In older versions of KSPRC the terrain folder was placed inside the textures folder. It's probably like that in your game and you can move the terrain folder out of the textures folder and it should work fine? The kopernicus configs don't know where the images are and so they're showing up white in game.

I used the latest release of KSPRC (0.7 Prerelease 3) and my folder was KSPRC/Terrain, like your KSPRC Installation Instruction said. There was no folder "Textures".