[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

Spoiler

W9Hh9mv.png

Low Res Kerbin Screenshoot

I think have installed this wrong or is just normal with low res from low kerbin orbit (80km)? I may jumped gun and installed TextureReplaceReplaced, however my skybox is working fine. Also it looks all right in the start menu. I installed manually, as I dont trust CKAN for multifolder installations. But I am stupid too when comes to this, so I may have done something weird. Otherwise, I think try remove every graphics mod and reinstall. But would love to not do that again :wink:

Information:

55 minutes ago, Sunesha said:
  Hide contents

W9Hh9mv.png

Low Res Kerbin Screenshoot

I think have installed this wrong or is just normal with low res from low kerbin orbit (80km)? I may jumped gun and installed TextureReplaceReplaced, however my skybox is working fine. Also it looks all right in the start menu. I installed manually, as I dont trust CKAN for multifolder installations. But I am stupid too when comes to this, so I may have done something weird. Otherwise, I think try remove every graphics mod and reinstall. But would love to not do that again :wink:

Information:

Nothing looks wrong to me at first glance... is there something specific to notice?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

3 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Nothing looks wrong to me at first glance... is there something specific to notice?

I was reacting to the low poly no texture terrain. I checked everything. Also I realized that the game terrain looks like it. I thought somehow broke it. It was negative placebo effect caused by playing 300 hours looking up as rocket man and now I finally started use spaceplane and terrain kinda came into the view and suddenly is important for landing.

Yup, I just launched rockets and more less a sleep the whole time as gravity turn number 301 turns into a lull. So yeah I imagined it. However, it was more helpful than you can imagine for you to say there was nothing wrong. I cured the placebo by just running stock and saw that terrain was just the same. I think it is the contrast between low altitude  and high orbit prettiness made very clear.

I currently landing kerbals at runway island and is such a improvement. Also I really like it. I been playing with SVT/SVE and wanted a new feel and look. This delivered this perfectly.

Oh my god, this mod looks like the most beautiful thing ever! Auroras (Aurorae?), glowing dust, heckin' skyplankton, geysers? Yes please! I especially love what's done with the terrain, so there's a clear view of what sort of stuff you're standing on. I frankly suspect that trying to install it will cause my laptop to melt into an overheated soup, though, it's already crashed a few times with scatterer loaded.

2 hours ago, VelocityPolaris said:

Oh my god, this mod looks like the most beautiful thing ever! Auroras (Aurorae?), glowing dust, heckin' skyplankton, geysers? Yes please! I especially love what's done with the terrain, so there's a clear view of what sort of stuff you're standing on. I frankly suspect that trying to install it will cause my laptop to melt into an overheated soup, though, it's already crashed a few times with scatterer loaded.

:D I think skyplankton is a new favorite coin! Hm, you don't need to install Scatterer to run Spectra - it has optional EVE atmospheres that turn on when Scatterer isn't present (like the old visual mods from before Scatterer was around). It's harsh enough on performance I thought it would be good to add the option to run without it. Might be worth a shot?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

1 minute ago, Avera9eJoe said:

:D I think skyplankton is a new favorite coin! Hm, you don't need to install Scatterer to run Spectra - it has optional EVE atmospheres that turn on when Scatterer isn't present (like the old visual mods from before Scatterer was around). I might be worth a shot actually.

Thanks, I'll give it a try, then. Do the dust/geysers/skyplankton still work without scatterer?

2 minutes ago, VelocityPolaris said:

Thanks, I'll give it a try, then. Do the dust/geysers/skyplankton still work without scatterer?

Yes - the only things dropped are procedural oceans, atmospheric scattering, and sunsets

Can barely see terrain from orbit, is this normal?

I'm sure I've installed it correctly as on the first time it worked perfectly

EDIT: it appears to do something with kopernicus or scatterer because i can see the peaks of mountains poking out of the ocean

Edited by Zayne Kerman

1 hour ago, Zayne Kerman said:

EDIT: it appears to do something with kopernicus or scatterer because i can see the peaks of mountains poking out of the ocean

That's odd... Looks like the ocean level has been raised. If you reboot the game is it still there?

12 minutes ago, Zayne Kerman said:

Yeah.

something funky, maybe my rocket boosters heated the ice caps

Lol, it was probably related to Scatterer's ocean level rising in the space center view. Good to know it resolved itself.

9 minutes ago, 1990eam said:

KSPRC works for 1.4.x?

KSPRC doesn't work anymore since the config format has changed for a number of it's dependencies since 1.1.3 - Spectra uses textures from KSPRC though by having you download the base KSPRC mod and copy a folder from it.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Hey anyone know a cause for a crash whenever I revert to VAB? I'd post a log, but idk where to find crash logs these days since they don't appear in the main ksp folder for me like they used to.

Edit: Doesnt't crash on revert to flight, or any other scene change, so i don't really have an idea for what it could be.

Edited by Dman Revolution

1 hour ago, Dman Revolution said:

Hey anyone know a cause for a crash whenever I revert to VAB? I'd post a log, but idk where to find crash logs these days since they don't appear in the main ksp folder for me like they used to.

Edit: Doesnt't crash on revert to flight, or any other scene change, so i don't really have an idea for what it could be.

Odd indeed... I'll try and get back to you when I'm home. Has to be one of the dependencies. Either Scatterer, EVE, TRR, Kopernicus, etc. Have any other mods installed?

On 4/15/2018 at 10:55 AM, Zayne Kerman said:

Reveal hidden contents

I am also having this same issue.

Edit: Also, any idea why this could be happening?

Spoiler

4rpKRJT.jpg

Spoiler

nyZ9uFm.jpg

When vessels reenter the atmosphere they are becoming somewhat transparent. You can see through the capsule to the tanks underneath. Seems like a shader issue of some sort?

Edited by Tiptonian
Question

4 hours ago, Tiptonian said:

I am also having this same issue.

Edit: Also, any idea why this could be happening?

Reveal hidden contents

4rpKRJT.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

nyZ9uFm.jpg

When vessels reenter the atmosphere they are becoming somewhat transparent. You can see through the capsule to the tanks underneath. Seems like a shader issue of some sort?

Don’t know about your first issue, but the aero effects are a stock issue. It’s in 1.3.1 and is more noticeable in 1.4.x due to the new exaggerated effects.