[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

7 hours ago, Pavel ☭ said:

Problems I am having using this mod (probably more so having to do with this mod combined with scatterer)...
You will probably notice that I haven't read much of the OP because I'm lazy. But I do have some real problems, especially 1 and 2;

1. The lens flare from the sun glitches out really badly if you zoom in on any planet in the map view/tracking station. To put it simply, it stops coming from the sun and starts moving all over the place.

2. Duna now sexually identifies as Neptune... or Eve? The atmosphere is such a deep indigo color that I don't really even know what to say about it.

3. Moho has a barely visible but extremely high cloud layer. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not.

4. The atmosphere on kerbin seems to flicker really fast at night when I'm on the ground. It's not that noticable and it could actually be my 6 year old computer screen.

5. I'm noticing some lines on the space center view and I think they're coming from this mod, they're especially visible with postprocessing on. Speaking of which,

6. Post processing during the daytime at the KSC view eats my framerate for breakfast

7. Jool has purple aurorae. I guess this is intentional but it doesn't look right to me.

8. Laythe has 3 different cloud layers with different colors mushed together. One is lavender, one is a pale green/blue (I'm assuming this is the one that the mod came with since it's the one with the bioluminescence and similar structure), and the other is white.

I'm not sure but I think Kerbin may have the same problem but since they're all white I can't tell. It would explain the horrendous lag I'm getting from this mod. lmao I had the default config for eve installed on top of this because im an idiot and this went away now i have bearable fps too xddd

9. Viewing planets from a distance makes the atmosphere renderer spazz out and look spiky and glitchy and stuff (this is only really noticable with Jool, it's probably normal)

1. Huh... I rarely ever use the tracking station so I'm not sure about this. You should tell Blackrack about it just in case.

2. Read the OP - It's a personal preference. I based Duna's appearance off an ancient visual mod called "Better Atmospheres". Worth looking up if you want to see a bit of history (it was the first ever cloud pack). THIS BEING SAID: Does your Duna look like the one in the pictures in the OP or is it different? There could be something screwy with the most recent release.

3. Read the OP - That's ablation caused by close proximity to the sun. Based off of KSPRC.

4. Could that be the lightning?

5. Are the lines running across the ground parallel to your monitor? If so they're an annoying bug from Scatterer. We have to live with it.

6. ?

7. Read the OP - Personal preference :)

8. Not sure what the issue you're trying to point out is...

9. Yeah that's an annoying bug with Scatterer :( we have to live with it.

10. Anything else? :P

P.S. If you haven't, you should really watch the cinematic trailer. It shows a lot of the visual effects you mentioned.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

14 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

1. Huh... I rarely ever use the tracking station so I'm not sure about this. You should tell Blackrack about it just in case.

2. Read the OP - It's a personal preference. I based Duna's appearance off an ancient visual mod called "Better Atmospheres". Worth looking up if you want to see a bit of history (it was the first ever cloud pack). THIS BEING SAID: Does your Duna look like the one in the pictures in the OP or is it different? There could be something screwy with the most recent release.

3. Read the OP - That's ablation caused by close proximity to the sun. Based off of KSPRC.

4. Could that be the lightning?

5. Are the lines running across the ground parallel to your monitor? If so they're an annoying bug from Scatterer. We have to live with it.

6. ?

7. Read the OP - Personal preference :)

8. Not sure what the issue you're trying to point out is...

9. Yeah that's an annoying bug with Scatterer :( we have to live with it.

10. Anything else? :P

P.S. If you haven't, you should really watch the cinematic trailer. It shows a lot of the visual effects you mentioned.

2. No, it is a VERY deep indigo color, like Neptune but with some purple in it. It is EXTREMELY juicy and isn't just a blue sky. I would show you pictures but the best I can do is steam screenshot.

4. Definitely not. It's a glitchy flickering. I've never seen lightning and it was in the space center view.

And I don't like scatterer myself, it's way too glitchy and laggy. But if I don't use it the game looks ugly. :(

6 hours ago, Pavel ☭ said:

2. No, it is a VERY deep indigo color, like Neptune but with some purple in it. It is EXTREMELY juicy and isn't just a blue sky. I would show you pictures but the best I can do is steam screenshot.

D: I'll look into that. Duna in particular I had trouble making Duna's atmosphere work with Scatterer so it has a few extra configs that I had to apply some custom ModuleManager strings to. Did you ever open up the Eve GUI and hit save? If you did it probably broke something.

6 hours ago, Pavel ☭ said:

And I don't like scatterer myself, it's way too glitchy and laggy. But if I don't use it the game looks ugly. :(

Huh. In that case, remove it if you don't want it. Spectra has custom atmospheres that enable when it doesn't find Scatterer. I often build massive crafts and even on a 1080ti Scatterer causes a lot of lag in that department, so I don't usually play with it. It won't have cool oceans/fading/sunflare, but other than that it still works fine.

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, KerbolExplorer said:

How much ram will i need to run this?

How much do you have? I'd suggest 8GB+ but If you're running 64bit than 4 should be fine too technically? Real question is how good your GPU are CPU are :P.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Hello @Avera9eJoe,

Does this still require KSPRC to function?

Does this mod improve surface textures on it's own without an extra mod to do that?

Has it/will it continue to be updated?

Does it do clouds and all the stuff normally in EVE and Astronomers pack?

I'm looking for something that makes all the textures in the game look better, from the ground and from the sky, but doesn't require EVE.

EVE seems to have a severe memory leak when I install it with CKAN and I just updated to 1.4.5....

Edited by JoE Smash

2 hours ago, JoE Smash said:

Hello @Avera9eJoe,

Does this still require KSPRC to function?

Does this mod improve surface textures on it's own without an extra mod to do that?

Has it/will it continue to be updated?

Does it do clouds and all the stuff normally in EVE and Astronomers pack?

I'm looking for something that makes all the textures in the game look better, from the ground and from the sky, but doesn't require EVE.

EVE seems to have a severe memory leak when I install it with CKAN and I just updated to 1.4.5....

Yes-ish (needs one folder from KSPRC)

No (KSPRC is where the texture files come from and Spectra uses Kopernicus to implement them)

Yes ;)

Yes, and it runs more smothely than Astronomer's, and with more state of the art graphics! I.E. Moving bioluminescence, flickering thunderstorms, multilayered planet fog and dust storms, ablation, etc. See the image gallery.

EVE is a must if you want to add clouds; its the only mod that does. Kopernicus adds terrain, but its EVE that adds clouds and atmospheres. You'll have to live with EVE :P what's so bad about it though?

Don't install any portions of Spectra with CKAN; there's a lot of components and there's no way I can guarantee CKAN has everything updated correctly. Also, a lot of the time the mods on CKAN are uploaded by fans, and not the original author. I've never used CKAN for that reason.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

5 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Yes-ish (needs one folder from KSPRC)

No (KSPRC is where the texture files come from and Spectra uses Kopernicus to implement them)

Yes ;)

Yes, and it runs more smothely than Astronomer's, and with more state of the art graphics! I.E. Moving bioluminescence, flickering thunderstorms, multilayered planet fog and dust storms, ablation, etc. See the image gallery.

EVE is a must if you want to add clouds; its the only mod that does. Kopernicus adds terrain, but its EVE that adds clouds and atmospheres. You'll have to live with EVE :P what's so bad about it though?

Don't install any portions of Spectra with CKAN; there's a lot of components and there's no way I can guarantee CKAN has everything updated correctly. Also, a lot of the time the mods on CKAN are uploaded by fans, and not the original author. I've never used CKAN for that reason.

EVE seems to cause a memory leak....at least it does on my computer. When I have it installed and I pause the game outside the Kerbal Space Center I continuously lose 0.1-0.2 of RAM a second. It doesn't do it when I uninstall EVE. I have tested this several times now....

I wrote to Waz in his forum thread but he hasn't replied. Looks like he hasn't been on the forums for a week or so.

TBH, I don't feel much like waiting for answers or fixes with the game anymore at this point.

I feel like I troubleshoot the game more than I play it. I think it's time for a change....

Edited by JoE Smash

46 minutes ago, JoE Smash said:

EVE seems to cause a memory leak....at least it does on my computer. When I have it installed and I pause the game outside the Kerbal Space Center I continuously lose 0.1-0.2 of RAM a second. It doesn't do it when I uninstall EVE. I have tested this several times now....

I wrote to Waz in his forum thread but he hasn't replied. Looks like he hasn't been on the forums for a week or so.

TBH, I don't feel much like waiting for answers or fixes with the game anymore at this point.

I feel like I troubleshoot the game more than I play it. I think it's time for a change....

Then don’t play with EVE. Or be willing to restart the game every couple of hours. Mods will never be perfect as they are made for free in people’s free time, and if there is an issue, there is no obligation to fix it. 

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Then don’t play with EVE. Or be willing to restart the game every couple of hours. Mods will never be perfect as they are made for free in people’s free time, and if there is an issue, there is no obligation to fix it. 

So this is a known issue then?

17 minutes ago, JoE Smash said:

@Avera9eJoe,

Do you have plans to try to fix the Windowshine issue with your mod? I have never tried it, CKAN recommends it when you install your mod....obviously I won't try it if it freaks out your mod....

Thanks,

JoE Smash

I wouldn't recommend installing via CKAN :/ also could you describe the issue?

13 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I wouldn't recommend installing via CKAN :/ also could you describe the issue?

It's listed as a known issue in your OP.

Anyways I installed it with CKAN and it installs with Texture Replacer Replaced (hasn't been updated sibce 1.3.99) which is considered obsolete and has been replaced by Texture Replacer(updated to 1.4.99) I believe.

CKAN makes you install it with the Scatterer sunflare, but it seems you have sunflare files from jadeOfMaar in there too. I have a sunflare but it is excessive....with many lense rings....

There are weird looking horrizontal lines on the grass outside the space center. They look like gaussean lines on old tube monitors. The lines move as I move my view around.

There are weird lines on EVE too.

You kinda have to install your mod with CKAN as you don't seem to clearly state the dependancies for this mod in your OP....at least I couldn't find the depandancies.

Do you have manual installation instructions somewhere in the OP on the forums?

Edited by JoE Smash

30 minutes ago, JoE Smash said:

@Avera9eJoe,

Do you have plans to try to fix the Windowshine issue with your mod? I have never tried it, CKAN recommends it when you install your mod....obviously I won't try it if it freaks out your mod....

Thanks,

JoE Smash

You really have to watch what one you install there is TRR and there is just TR that are running now TR is more updated now and what windowshine did you download has there is one for TR that I know still works and I haven't used TRR in sometime so not sure there

5 minutes ago, Mecripp said:

You really have to watch what one you install there is TRR and there is just TR that are running now TR is more updated now and what windowshine did you download has there is one for TR that I know still works and I haven't used TRR in sometime so not sure there

Yeah, if you read my post I'm aware of that. CKAN installed Spectra with Texture Replacer Replaced which I have stated is obsolete twice now already.

I'm trying to find out from the dev of this mod if that was some kind of a mistake.

I'm also clearly asking for installation instructions because I don't see any in his first post for this mod.

I didn't install texture replacer replaced in the first place. CKAN did it on it's own as an apparent dependancy for this mod....

Telling me to be careful about not doing something that I didn't do in the first place doesn't really answer the question of what I should do....

So what should CKAN, have done....?

Edited by JoE Smash

4 minutes ago, JoE Smash said:

Yeah, if you read my post I'm aware of that. CKAN installed Spectra with Texture Replacer Replaced which I have stated is obsolete twice now already.

I'm trying to find out from the dev of this mod if that was some kind of a mistake.

I'm also clearly asking for installation instructions because I don't see any in his first post for this mod

windowshine has 2 downloads one for TR and one for TRR

EDIT- come to think of it I guess one could write a patch so it wouldn't matter what one you had

Edited by Mecripp

Just now, Mecripp said:

windowshine has 2 downloads one for TR and one for TRR

Ok I don't even have window shine installed....CKAN recommended it. The OP for THIS MOD lists window shine as A KNOWN ISSUE for THIS MOD. 

I was asking if HE PLANNED on fixing it in the future so I COULD install it.

Are you reading my whole posts or just two words and spitting out random pieces of information? 

On 4/19/2017 at 11:26 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

Known issues:

• If you don't install the surface textures, planet surfaces are pasty white and bland (duh!).
  • WindowShine and Scatterer compatibility issue: When hacking into orbit with both WindowShine and Scatterer, the ocean flashes rapidly on screen. Fix by removing either WindowShine or Scatterer.