[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

8 hours ago, bombogenesis said:

I actually just added a reshader and it looks quite a bit better.  Here's the screenie anyway.

ksp-screenie.png
temporary picture sharing

Huh, yeah that looks right. I wonder why it doesn't look right for you. Did you watch the trailer video? It should look pretty close to that.

Thank you so much for this!

On Mun and Minmus I have no problem, high framerate. Though I just went to Duna with the mod freshly installed, I think I dropped to 3 frames a second. Is it me or is there a problem there?

EDIT

Oh, and also, night is really REALLY night... Like darkness. Is it me or wanted?

Edited by Psychokiller1888

3 hours ago, Psychokiller1888 said:

Thank you so much for this!

On Mun and Minmus I have no problem, high framerate. Though I just went to Duna with the mod freshly installed, I think I dropped to 3 frames a second. Is it me or is there a problem there?

EDIT

Oh, and also, night is really REALLY night... Like darkness. Is it me or wanted?

Glad you like it! :D The darkness is a result of using PlanetShine/DistantObjectEnhancement/Scatterer and you can improve it in the pause menu by setting ambient light to around +10% and map ambient light to +20/30%, or any other value you want. Does that help?

@Avera9eJoe Yup, thanx, that did help!

EdEie.png

Of course I like darkness, but well, pitch black was a bit too much for me.

Any idea on why the catastrophic perfs issues on Duna? For info I'm runnin on a GTX 1080 OC version with 11gigs of ram and on a skylake I7 9980 coupled with 32 gigs of corsair predator @ 3200mhz, so running high frames shouldn't be a problem...

Edited by Psychokiller1888

1 hour ago, Psychokiller1888 said:

@Avera9eJoe Yup, thanx, that did help!

EdEie.png

Of course I like darkness, but well, pitch black was a bit too much for me.

Any idea on why the catastrophic perfs issues on Duna? For info I'm runnin on a GTX 1080 OC version with 11gigs or ram and on a skylake I7 9980 coupled with 32 gigs of corsair predator @ 3200mhz, so running high frames should be a problem...

The low frame rate is due to an issue with Kopernicus (1.7.3-1) for KSP 1.7.3 . There's a hacky workaround to reduce the lag detailed here:

The main reason why I'm playing on KSP 1.7.1 at the moment.

Edited by Freaktong

3 hours ago, Psychokiller1888 said:

Any idea on why the catastrophic perfs issues on Duna?

I think there's some issue with Kopernicus that lags on bodies without oceans - have you got this patch from @Jognt?

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
	@Body:HAS[@PQS,!Ocean]
	{
		%Ocean
		{
			maxQuadLengthsPerFrame = 0.03
		}
	}
}

Edited by BudgetHedgehog

Hi @Avera9eJoe, I've just gone to download the pack to give it a shot, and unfortunately, after downloading it, I'm getting an error message telling me the .zip is invalid - I've tried downloading it again and it's done the same thing (google says it's likely a corrupted zip) - do you potentially have a mirror link hidden away somewhere I've missed? It downloads super slow via spacedock too :( - otherwise, just wanted to make you aware, in case it's not only me getting the issue 

Fingers crossed I can get it working soon! Super excited to try it out

36 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Hi @Avera9eJoe, I've just gone to download the pack to give it a shot, and unfortunately, after downloading it, I'm getting an error message telling me the .zip is invalid - I've tried downloading it again and it's done the same thing (google says it's likely a corrupted zip) - do you potentially have a mirror link hidden away somewhere I've missed? It downloads super slow via spacedock too :( - otherwise, just wanted to make you aware, in case it's not only me getting the issue 

Fingers crossed I can get it working soon! Super excited to try it out

I'm sorry but I don't have any other links :/ the folder is about 300mb if I recall correctly, so it makes sense why you might have issues. All I can say is try downloading at a time of day you know your local neighborhood won't have many people online, and hope for the best.

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I'm sorry but I don't have any other links :/ the folder is about 300mb if I recall correctly, so it makes sense why you might have issues. All I can say is try downloading at a time of day you know your local neighborhood won't have many people online, and hope for the best.

Hi Joe! Thanks for the speedy reply, but I've never had an issue with a download before - usually I get around 1-4mb/s, but for some reason spacedock only goes at around 100kb/s - my neighbourhood doesn't really see a high usage around this time of day - could it be because I'm in Australia? I don't know if spacedock has servers out here, but as I said before, I've never had an issue with it until now :( - I'll give it another go later and keep you posted, but otherwise, is it possible the spacedock copy's been corrupted?

EDIT: @Avera9eJoe I tried again, the download got about 150mb of 399mb in and then stopped, leaving me with the same issue once again - it's like once it gets to 150mb, something either on my end or spacedock's end decides to call it quits :/

EDIT2: I managed to download the zip through CKAN, too late to try it out tonight, since I have work tomorrow and I need sleep, but I'mma be testing the pack out tomorrow!

Edited by Espresso
Status Update #2

On 9/5/2019 at 2:50 PM, Psychokiller1888 said:

Nope, I don't, gonna have try for it! Thank you very much!

The annoying thing about the patch I linked is that as Minmus' flats are at the same sea level as the sea, there's some hellish z-fighting going on. Thankfully, @Gordon Fecyk made one that makes Minmus slightly bigger (increases the radius by 10m or something) so the flats and the sea don't flicker any more.

On 8/28/2019 at 6:42 AM, Sinner2784 said:

At First Great Mod.

But I noticed a Problem. I have these graphical glitches on light sources.

Its a Clean Install only your mod and all you need for it.

It seems to have something to do with scatter or your scatter options, because when i remove scatter the glitch disappears.

KSP with only Scatter installed, the glitch is also not there.

GqEWw2z.jpgALMv6Ac.jpg

- @Avera9eJoe, once I finally managed to get the mod downloaded, I too got hit with this bug - even light sources on my craft were messed up - looking through the files in your scatterer Configs, I couldn't help but notice a cloud layer at 200m on Kerbin - I figured it was about the same height as the KSC, and upwards of 1000m (where the next cloud layer starts) the bug wasn't present - so I deleted the cloud layer around 200m and the bug disappeared - probably should have backed up the config file so I could experiment a little more, but I forgot - I assume it's likely to just be one setting with this cloud layer causing the issue, since the other layers are fine - I have yet to check the other planets, but if I remember I'll check tonight or tomorrow :)

17 hours ago, Espresso said:

- @Avera9eJoe, once I finally managed to get the mod downloaded, I too got hit with this bug - even light sources on my craft were messed up - looking through the files in your scatterer Configs, I couldn't help but notice a cloud layer at 200m on Kerbin - I figured it was about the same height as the KSC, and upwards of 1000m (where the next cloud layer starts) the bug wasn't present - so I deleted the cloud layer around 200m and the bug disappeared - probably should have backed up the config file so I could experiment a little more, but I forgot - I assume it's likely to just be one setting with this cloud layer causing the issue, since the other layers are fine - I have yet to check the other planets, but if I remember I'll check tonight or tomorrow :)

Huh, I'll have to look into that. I'm not sure why that might be causing this but that's certainly interesting

Hi, it seems that duna's atmosphere is not loading properly for me. I have uninstalled mods and manually reinstalled spectra and the problem is still there.

dFM95wi.png

All of the other planets look fine.

wgUwMJ5.png

I took a look through the file directory and there seems to be nothing in the atmo.cfg file for duna. Could this be the culprit?

p3eDO0G.png

On 9/14/2019 at 1:55 PM, erickerman said:

Hi, it seems that duna's atmosphere is not loading properly for me. I have uninstalled mods and manually reinstalled spectra and the problem is still there.

dFM95wi.png

All of the other planets look fine.

wgUwMJ5.png

I took a look through the file directory and there seems to be nothing in the atmo.cfg file for duna. Could this be the culprit?

p3eDO0G.png

That's how Duna is supposed to look with Spectra and no Scatterer installed, though I've been meaning to dim down the blue. There was an old planet pack called Better Atmospheres that introduced the blue-tinted Duna, and I kept it in as a bit of a homage.

Here's the aim for my pack:

iT8vp1Z.png

Edited by Avera9eJoe

2 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

That's how Duna is supposed to look with Spectra and no Scatterer installed, though I've been meaning to dim down the blue. There was an old planet pack called Better Atmospheres that introduced the blue-tinted Duna, and I kept it in as a bit of a homage.

Here's the aim for my pack:

iT8vp1Z.png

Thing is i already have scatterer installed and the atmosphere still looks that way.

cja6rRu.png

Edited by erickerman

14 hours ago, erickerman said:

Thing is i already have scatterer installed and the atmosphere still looks that way.

cja6rRu.png

Hm... Something is going on then. Did you ever open the EVE GUI or hit "apply"? Doing so breaks my EVE configs for Duna since I did some magic with modulemanager to check if Scatterer is installed, and hitting apply creates a duplicate of the blue hue.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

3 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

@erickerman and @Ocid could you guys try deleting that file that Erickerman pointed out? Doing so should make Duna use Scatterers default atmosphere configs.

Sure I'll take a look at it, see what happens and let you know.

Also looked and saw there is nothing in the Duna config either. Same as @erickerman has. 1.4.5 install has an atmo folder aswell as a full config so not sure.

Edit: Yeah got the same effect as erick posted above. Have also not touched the EVE menu. Clean download from spacedock has nothing in the duna config.

Edited by Ocid