[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

49 minutes ago, juvilado said:

Hi, is there any OPM Spectra addon?

I'm afraid there is not.

15 hours ago, Sirius K said:

How do I fix this problem though, I've tried reinstalling scatterer, Kopernicus and Spectra and EVE, but it's still looks the same as before. 

I don't know. I haven't seen this issue before, and you are the only one who has ever had this problem. The only planet with ill-effects is Duna, which usually is a sign of tampering with EVE.

7 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I'm afraid there is not.

I don't know. I haven't seen this issue before, and you are the only one who has ever had this problem. The only planet with ill-effects is Duna, which usually is a sign of tampering with EVE.

Maybe try deleting everything and restarting. Or see if a new save/game would help. Maybe it's a config if you made one or some settings you messed around with. 

16 hours ago, Arco123 said:

Maybe try deleting everything and restarting. Or see if a new save/game would help. Maybe it's a config if you made one or some settings you messed around with. 

Nope, New save file doesn't fix. And i didn't mess with the Spectra Config, idk but 1.9 Scatterer is said to be has some extra bugs, 1.8 Scatterer is broke in 1.9. if I want to can revert to 1.8 but most progress I made is now in 1.9, so i wouldn't revert back. Also if you say a new save will help, this means that AVP in other saves are probably messing with my Spectra save.

Edited by Sirius K

fiiV1Xc.pngDuna isn't the only one looking worst. Eve lost most of it's yellow, you could only see a small speck of yellow clouds.

EVE also takes a closer distance for the player to see the clouds, and it also emits square/circular white clouds before entering the major cloud layer, which i didn't see this during my first Eve mission with EVE, my craft was swarm by clouds before.

Edited by Sirius K

On 4/16/2020 at 10:53 AM, masiboss said:

Hi, i am having issues with the atmosphere seeming to almost boil on Jool instead of the rings effect working

That is as intended; Spectra doesn't add any rings around Jool. I used uvnoise to make the clouds shimmer to simulate them moving. I'm not a fan of Jool having rings since it doesn't in the stock game :P

12 hours ago, Sirius K said:

fiiV1Xc.pngDuna isn't the only one looking worst. Eve lost most of it's yellow, you could only see a small speck of yellow clouds.

EVE also takes a closer distance for the player to see the clouds, and it also emits square/circular white clouds before entering the major cloud layer, which i didn't see this during my first Eve mission with EVE, my craft was swarm by clouds before.

That looks normal to me. Eve doesn't have a lot of yellow clouds depending on where you land or your altitude.

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

That is as intended; Spectra doesn't add any rings around Jool. I used uvnoise to make the clouds shimmer to simulate them moving. I'm not a fan of Jool having rings since it doesn't in the stock game :P

That looks normal to me. Eve doesn't have a lot of yellow clouds depending on where you land or your altitude.

Well the other problem is that 

1. There's no yellow sunset/ sunrise (idk is this a problem)

2.from orbit, the whole planet of Eve doesn't appear to have a line of yellow at its day night boundary

3. The base is at the equator (idk does longitude affect)

Also about Jool, is that normal if it doesn't has bands? (The band's are hardly visible)

Edited by Sirius K

Hi,

I'm a little confused/frustrated here, so help is boundlessly appreciated! I have the current edition of KSP through steam and through CKAN I've downloaded Spectra (which according to the OP means Scatterer should've been downloaded but that's broken for the current version?). The game itself looks stock, so I don't understand what's wrong.

I do apologize if this was covered earlier in the thread or in another forum. I've been combing for a while now and it's like I'm the only person with this issue.

2 hours ago, Atubara said:

Scatterer should've been downloaded

I don't think so. Scatterer might have been suggested by the CKAN, but AFAICT it is not a dependency–meaning it isn't installed automatically, but it is (or should be, I don't use it) supported if you do check the checkbox to install it.

On 4/19/2017 at 5:26 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Notice: You don't have to install everything, only install the mods that add the features you want. The features added are listed next to each.

Edited by Corax

1 hour ago, Corax said:

I don't think so. Scatterer might have been suggested by the CKAN, but AFAICT it is not a dependency–meaning it isn't installed automatically, but it is (or should be, I don't use it) supported if you do check the checkbox to install it.

4 hours ago, Atubara said:

Hi,

I'm a little confused/frustrated here, so help is boundlessly appreciated! I have the current edition of KSP through steam and through CKAN I've downloaded Spectra (which according to the OP means Scatterer should've been downloaded but that's broken for the current version?). The game itself looks stock, so I don't understand what's wrong.

I do apologize if this was covered earlier in the thread or in another forum. I've been combing for a while now and it's like I'm the only person with this issue.

The reason CKAN doesn't install the parent mods automatically is because if they were marked as required, then CKAN would mark Spectra as 'unsupported' until all of the parent mods were updated to the current version. Its kind of silly but I made all of the parent mods suggestions, since you don't necessarily need every single one (For example you don't have to install Scatterer if you want to save on some FPS,  or you don't have to install Kopernicus if you don't want the surface texture changes). 

On 4/18/2020 at 12:52 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

Is there a way to disable it or change it to have moving bands like this(ignoring the rings)? it looks quiet silly in time warp IMO

credit to Galileo

81MjiXX.gif

I'm finally making use of my GPU now with Spectra, Kopernicus, EVE, Planetshine and Scatterer on KSP 1.8.1 with compatible mods.  In orbit around 10km I get 50-75 FPS depending on camera angle, but as I approach for landing it dips to 30-40 and as I slow down and then goes back up to 50+ when I really get into the landing.  Luckily the drops aren't terribly control heavy portions of the landing, but I would like to know which mod is likely causing it and any setting changes I could make to bring the FPS back up to around 50.

On 4/19/2020 at 4:31 AM, masiboss said:

Is there a way to disable it or change it to have moving bands like this(ignoring the rings)? it looks quiet silly in time warp IMO

credit to Galileo

81MjiXX.gif

Not easily :/ you can disable the event by opening up the EVE main config located inside GameData/Spectra/Spectra_Configs, locating the lines for Jool, and setting UVNoise to zero. To get bands that move individually, I'm afraid I would have to create three entirely new cloud layers and fine tune their color and speed to look like the above, and that's not something I want to do considering I wouldn't use it myself. Plus, more cloud layers equals more lag, so I stuck with one layer and UVNoise :P I hope that explains it a bit.

21 hours ago, overkill13 said:

I'm finally making use of my GPU now with Spectra, Kopernicus, EVE, Planetshine and Scatterer on KSP 1.8.1 with compatible mods.  In orbit around 10km I get 50-75 FPS depending on camera angle, but as I approach for landing it dips to 30-40 and as I slow down and then goes back up to 50+ when I really get into the landing.  Luckily the drops aren't terribly control heavy portions of the landing, but I would like to know which mod is likely causing it and any setting changes I could make to bring the FPS back up to around 50.

I'll not sure exactly what might be causing that sorry. I appreciate high fps too so I'm sorry to hear you're having an issues. Do you have Aerodynamic effects enabled? They tend to eat a TON of frames when the game tries to render reentry or mach effects, so I play with it disabled and use reentry particle effects instead. Could you open settings and set Aerodynamic effects to minimal and see if this fixed your frame drops? It's a stock problem but that doesn't mean I can't help.

I am at my wit's end.

I just tried to get this absolutely stunning visual enhancement working properly, but somehow I am missing the sunflare / lensflare.

Running a fresh 1.9.1, no other mods so far. Used CKAN to select Spectra, installed all the recommended modules, selected default config for both scatterer, distant object enhancement and SmokeScreen.

If I install only scatterer in CKAN, sunflares are there. But if I install Spectra with the steps outlined above, the flares don't shot up :( .

https://imgur.com/wFSHhVH

It seems that everything is working, but no sunflare / lensflare. Can anybody help me?

Edited by FasterThanFlourite

2 hours ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

I am at my wit's end.

I just tried to get this absolutely stunning visual enhancement working properly, but somehow I am missing the sunflare / lensflare.

Running a fresh 1.9.1, no other mods so far. Used CKAN to select Spectra, installed all the recommended modules, selected default config for both scatterer, distant object enhancement and SmokeScreen.

If I install only scatterer in CKAN, sunflares are there. But if I install Spectra with the steps outlined above, the flares don't shot up :( .

https://imgur.com/wFSHhVH

It seems that everything is working, but no sunflare / lensflare. Can anybody help me?

I had that issue too with other packs, it seem like a game restart fixed it. You also may not have Scatterer installed, try without CKAN.

11 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I'll not sure exactly what might be causing that sorry. I appreciate high fps too so I'm sorry to hear you're having an issues. Do you have Aerodynamic effects enabled? They tend to eat a TON of frames when the game tries to render reentry or mach effects, so I play with it disabled and use reentry particle effects instead. Could you open settings and set Aerodynamic effects to minimal and see if this fixed your frame drops? It's a stock problem but that doesn't mean I can't help.

I must have edited my post a few times, because I know I put the Mun in there at some point.  The slowdown occurs around the Mun.  I've made a couple more mun landings since and didn't get quite the same slow down.  Currently the only time I see sub 40fps is in map view and occasionally on Kerbin so I might take the advice in the OP and stick with Spectra's included atmospheres.

I am currently using reentry particle effects.  If I am going to use the Spectra aero effects, should I remove the other mod?

13 hours ago, amarius1 said:

I had that issue too with other packs, it seem like a game restart fixed it. You also may not have Scatterer installed, try without CKAN.

Restart didn't do anything. But then I tried manually downloading scatterer and manually replaced the files in GameData downloaded by CKAN and lo and behold - it works now, thanks :)!

Edited by FasterThanFlourite

8 hours ago, overkill13 said:

I must have edited my post a few times, because I know I put the Mun in there at some point.  The slowdown occurs around the Mun.  I've made a couple more mun landings since and didn't get quite the same slow down.  Currently the only time I see sub 40fps is in map view and occasionally on Kerbin so I might take the advice in the OP and stick with Spectra's included atmospheres.

I am currently using reentry particle effects.  If I am going to use the Spectra aero effects, should I remove the other mod?

Spectra doesn't change any aero fx so you can totally use reentry particle effects, I use it myself. Odd... Around the mün eh? That's definitely strange. I think I have that issue on my end as well now that you mention it but I have no clue what the cause is either.

i just found out about this mod and it looks amazing!

The only downside imo is the sun wich doesn't look as good.
Is there a way to keep everything except the sun?

was thinking about the sve but i don't think that's working yet.

5 hours ago, plakman said:

i just found out about this mod and it looks amazing!

The only downside imo is the sun wich doesn't look as good.
Is there a way to keep everything except the sun?

was thinking about the sve but i don't think that's working yet.

Thank you for the complement! Are you using Scatterer or running without it by chance? Scatterer adds a new sunflare, but other than that I didn't change the sun at all to my knowledge.

6 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Thank you for the complement! Are you using Scatterer or running without it by chance? Scatterer adds a new sunflare, but other than that I didn't change the sun at all to my knowledge.

Ok it's just how the normal sun looked like >.>
so stupid of me.

It was the sunflare only that indeed broke. the atmosperic effects were there.
Also it fixed itself after i just dragged all mods out started the game and put them all back for some reason. (trying to figure out wich broke what)

Spoiler

LM5gHtH.png

And this was what it looked like before and why i made this post :(

Spoiler

C8U7RcQ.png

Anyhow sorry to bother you with this.
And thanks for the reply anyhow :)

On 4/22/2020 at 2:44 AM, plakman said:

Ok it's just how the normal sun looked like >.>
so stupid of me.

It was the sunflare only that indeed broke. the atmosperic effects were there.
Also it fixed itself after i just dragged all mods out started the game and put them all back for some reason. (trying to figure out wich broke what)

Reveal hidden contents

LM5gHtH.png

And this was what it looked like before and why i made this post :(

Reveal hidden contents

C8U7RcQ.png

Anyhow sorry to bother you with this.
And thanks for the reply anyhow :)

All good. You aren't the only one to run into this problem. I'm not sure what's causing it either but the Sunflare does seem to randomly stop working. It seems to be tied to Scatterer, but that's all I know :P

Edited by Avera9eJoe

On 5/11/2019 at 3:26 PM, katateochi said:

1) In 1.7.0 Squad have added a new skybox which is pretty nice, but after installing Spectra it's been replaced.  How can I disable the skybox from Spectra?

While I think this mod makes the game absolutely gorgeous (to the point where I refuse to start a career without), I wonder the same. Can someone help with this :) ?

20 hours ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

While I think this mod makes the game absolutely gorgeous (to the point where I refuse to start a career without), I wonder the same. Can someone help with this :) ?

To remove the skybox you can open up GameData/TextureReplacer/Default and remove the six 'galaxytex' .dds textures :)