[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

31 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

One more thing you can try @Kaidesa- can you go into GameData/Spectra/Spectra_scatterer/Planets/Kerbin/atmo.cfg and change "EVEIntegration_preserveCloudColors = True" and change it to False?

This right here is what solved the problem.  Ignoring the file you uploaded prior, on a clean Spectra install, with this single change, the rainbow clouds have disappeared.  So this is the solution to the issue.  I'm not sure if it messes with anything else, but the rainbow clouds have gone the way of the dodo.

47 minutes ago, Kaidesa said:

This right here is what solved the problem.  Ignoring the file you uploaded prior, on a clean Spectra install, with this single change, the rainbow clouds have disappeared.  So this is the solution to the issue.  I'm not sure if it messes with anything else, but the rainbow clouds have gone the way of the dodo.

Damn :/ I was hoping it wasn't that. That setting is what creates sunset colors, though I do have a workaround. I'm updating as I type, you should see Spectra v1.3.2 out in just a few minutes. :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Seems like the colorful cloud is still here for me :/ 

I just realised that Jool's clouds that i modified has a lower resolution if you compare the original texture and my texture.. (or it's just my eyes idk)

Have you changed Jool's texture yet? It still look slightly pinched for me (Yeah i am kind of a perfectionist rn)

I am going to try to get it to a better resolution.. (Idk how to do it)

But still Jool looks GORGEOUS when seen from Laythe

OFPMMwV.png

(Thanks for the credit in Spacedock though :) )

Edited by Yoloking Mapping

Hello sorry to bother you but in my game Duna is completely blue, and I did as the Troubleshooting says, I re installed spectra. But it’s still blue even after reinstalling it. Are there any other solutions?

I also tried reinstalling environmental visual enhancements and scatterer. Still blue

6 hours ago, Kjonde564 said:

Hello sorry to bother you but in my game Duna is completely blue, and I did as the Troubleshooting says, I re installed spectra. But it’s still blue even after reinstalling it. Are there any other solutions?

I also tried reinstalling environmental visual enhancements and scatterer. Still blue

Try on a fresh copy of the game and no mods aside from EVE, Scatterer and Spectra.

15 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Damn :/ I was hoping it wasn't that. That setting is what creates sunset colors, though I do have a workaround. I'm updating as I type, you should see Spectra v1.3.2 out in just a few minutes. :)

Well, it seems like the version that was pushed to CKAN still includes the rainbow clouds.  So I'm not sure if it's your workaround that re-introduced the problem or if there's something else wacky going on now.  I'll mess around with it a bit and see if I can find anything else.

Edited by Kaidesa

58 minutes ago, Kaidesa said:

Well, it seems like the version that was pushed to CKAN still includes the rainbow clouds.  So I'm not sure if it's your workaround that re-introduced the problem or if there's something else wacky going on now.  I'll mess around with it a bit and see if I can find anything else.

I might have forgotten to actually toggle the setting :P let me check

39 minutes ago, Nightside said:

Just throwing in my experience (with the new 1.3.2), no unexpected issues only ultimate quality! Thanks @Avera9eJoe

Good to hear :D 

9 hours ago, Yoloking Mapping said:

Seems like the colorful cloud is still here for me :/ 

I just realised that Jool's clouds that i modified has a lower resolution if you compare the original texture and my texture.. (or it's just my eyes idk)

Have you changed Jool's texture yet? It still look slightly pinched for me (Yeah i am kind of a perfectionist rn)

I am going to try to get it to a better resolution.. (Idk how to do it)

But still Jool looks GORGEOUS when seen from Laythe

OFPMMwV.png

(Thanks for the credit in Spacedock though :) )

I noticed that your version was lower quality, but I took the edits to the poles you made and overlayed them onto the original, so that the rest of the texture is original but the poles are a little better

@Kaidesa The settings are definitely correct. I'm not sure why you are still seeing rainbows :/ @Kaidesa The settings are definitely correct. I'm not sure why you are still seeing rainbows :/ Are you playing on PC?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I'm also getting the rainbow cloud colors with the latest Spectra (1.3.2) but it only appears if installed with the latest EVE (1.8.0-2). This wasn't the case with the 1.2.5 version of Spectra with EVE 1.8. Removing EVE causes the rainbow clouds to go away with 1.3.2 Spectra

Edited by uprislng

Hello;

Hate to say it, but after updating to 1.3.2, I also got the rainbow colors. Oddly, I tried removing Scatterer. No rainbow clouds, just regular clouds.

Scatterer: 0.610 (CKAN)

Spectra: 1.3.2 (CKAN)

EVE: 1.8.0-2 (Manually installed)

I went through the log, but didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I can post a link to it if you'd like.

Really love your work, It's the perfect blend between SCFI and believable for me.

IGNORE ME!!

I tried a restart and while the rainbow colors appear in the menu with scatterer and eve installed, opening a game no longer has rainbow colors. My apologies for wasting your time.

Edited by denyasis

5 hours ago, uprislng said:

I'm also getting the rainbow cloud colors with the latest Spectra (1.3.2) but it only appears if installed with the latest EVE (1.8.0-2). This wasn't the case with the 1.2.5 version of Spectra with EVE 1.8. Removing EVE causes the rainbow clouds to go away with 1.3.2 Spectra

I'm still looking into the exact cause of this but for now its best to ignore it since it only effects the menu. I still can't replicate it on my own machine, so I can't do more than guess randomly :/

On 5/16/2020 at 9:27 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

I'm still looking into the exact cause of this but for now its best to ignore it since it only effects the menu

I see similar colors with Astronomer's pack. It's just much more pronounced with Spectra. It only happens in one installation (1.9.1/Windows) and not another (1.9.1/Linux).

https://imgur.com/a/8mR7SWy

Spoiler

JvHr9n1.jpg

IJiqC8X.png

1 hour ago, Krzeszny said:

@Avera9eJoe Remember the rainbow clouds bug?

They disappear in 3 configurations:

• when Spectra is removed or
  • when EVE is removed or
  • when Scatterer is removed

It's not only a Spectra/EVE thing.

Aye, its something related to Scatterer interacting poorly with EVE. I actually have a KSP instance that does have rainbow clouds now, so I have something I can base my studies off finally :P

sqqX2R8_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&I really like all the planets with Spectra visuals, except Duna.

I feel Duna is quite bare as well as the color is quite weird. So I wanna ask can I do something to have only Duna having AVP visual, but the rest of the planets using Spectra Visuals?

12 minutes ago, Sirius K said:

sqqX2R8_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&I really like all the planets with Spectra visuals, except Duna.

I feel Duna is quite bare as well as the color is quite weird. So I wanna ask can I do something to have only Duna having AVP visual, but the rest of the planets using Spectra Visuals?

It would take a bit of work but technically would be doable. That said, that picture of Duna, did you take that with the most recent release? I revamped Duna in the most current release.

19 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

It would take a bit of work but technically would be doable. That said, that picture of Duna, did you take that with the most recent release? I revamped Duna in the most current release.

The image was from HoDeok in discord, and it's the newest version. But I reinstalled spectra today and Duna looks more beautiful! :kiss:

Edited by Sirius K

Just trying Spectra out for the first time and I'm really liking it. Thanks @Avera9eJoe
Looks really nice along with Pood's Calm Nebula Skybox.

I presume that we just don't install Kopernicus right now?
I'm also getting the rainbow clouds on the main menu,
If it's any help this is my current mod setup (but sounds like you've already narrowed it down to a scatterer/EVE issue

Spoiler

{
    "spec_version": "v1.18",
    "identifier": "installed-KSP-1-9-1",
    "name": "installed-KSP 1.9.1",
    "abstract": "A list of modules installed on the KSP 1.9.1 KSP instance",
    "version": "2020.05.28.11.28.02",
    "license": [
        "unknown"
    ],
    "depends": [
        {
            "name": "KXAPI",
            "version": "1.2.0"
        },
        {
            "name": "IndicatorLights",
            "version": "1.6"
        },
        {
            "name": "KerbalAlarmClock",
            "version": "v3.13.0.0"
        },
        {
            "name": "ModuleManager",
            "version": "4.1.3"
        },
        {
            "name": "MechJeb2",
            "version": "2.9.2.0"
        },
        {
            "name": "RCSBuildAidCont",
            "version": "1:0.10.0"
        },
        {
            "name": "ToolbarController",
            "version": "1:0.1.9.4"
        },
        {
            "name": "ClickThroughBlocker",
            "version": "0.1.9.5"
        },
        {
            "name": "ZeroMiniAVC",
            "version": "1:1.1.0.1"
        },
        {
            "name": "EasyVesselSwitch",
            "version": "2.1"
        },
        {
            "name": "Spectra",
            "version": "v1.3.2"
        },
        {
            "name": "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements",
            "version": "2:EVE-1.8.0-2"
        },
        {
            "name": "PoodsCalmNebulaSkybox",
            "version": "v1.3.0"
        },
        {
            "name": "Scatterer-config",
            "version": "3:v0.0610"
        },
        {
            "name": "Scatterer-sunflare",
        },
        {
            "name": "TextureReplacer",
            "version": "v4.1.3"
        },
        {
            "name": "Scatterer",
        },
        {
            "name": "CraftManager",
            "version": "1.2.0"
        }
    ],
    "recommends": [],
    "suggests": [],
    "kind": "metapackage"
}

Thank you so much! Yeah, it's narrowed down to EVE/Kopernicus, and I think it also might be related to versioning of the various mods and ckan? I'm not sure Exactly but I was able to replicate the clouds on my system after I installed it from ckan and moved the install. Still have to do some testing, though.

Getting some odd black features with Spectra 1.3.2 with KSP 1.9.1 and latest Scatterer and EVE from R-T-B

EDIT: Ah, I found your post from earlier this month when Blackrack posted a solution

Spoiler

YlqmoZd.png

Edited by abbiii