[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

2 hours ago, Arco123 said:

Two questions: 

1. How would you Frankenstein AVP's OPM textures and keep spectra as everything else in 1.9.1?

2. How do you make the atmosphere fuzer? 

Hey there!

1. If AVP's OPM Textures are for Kopernicus, you theoretically shouldn't have to change anything in Spectra, just install both. That said I haven't tried this myself. I'd love it if you could report back on if this works or not.

2. To make the atmosphere fuzzier you can go into GameData/Spectra/Specta_Scatterer/Body/Kerbin and delete 'Atmo.cfg' - this will revert Kerbin to default Scatterer settings.

2 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

2. To make the atmosphere fuzzier you can go into GameData/Spectra/Specta_Scatterer/Body/Kerbin and delete 'Atmo.cfg' - this will revert Kerbin to default Scatterer settings.

Alternatively, how would you make the atmosphere less fuzzier?

I'm the exact opposite of Arco123, I'd like them clearer in some cases as in, I'd like to see a hint of land on Eve for instance.

1 hour ago, AlphaRP said:

Alternatively, how would you make the atmosphere less fuzzier?

I'm the exact opposite of Arco123, I'd like them clearer in some cases as in, I'd like to see a hint of land on Eve for instance.

The only good way to make the atmosphere even more transparent would be to not install Scatterer :/

I actually agree with you on Kerbin being too hazy and I would make it clearer if I could :P Setting it any lighter makes the sky start to turn dark.

I deleted everything but the configs/textures for OPM. Deleted references in configs to where textures go for planets that spectra covers. But when It starts AVP somehow comes up on top and there is no clouds on Kerbin or anything that AVP still has stuff for and Spectra kinda just fades away. Since AVP has no textures its no clouds. So what is there that's messing stuff up? I'll get a log and pic soon™.

2 hours ago, Arco123 said:

I deleted everything but the configs/textures for OPM. Deleted references in configs to where textures go for planets that spectra covers. But when It starts AVP somehow comes up on top and there is no clouds on Kerbin or anything that AVP still has stuff for and Spectra kinda just fades away. Since AVP has no textures its no clouds. So what is there that's messing stuff up? I'll get a log and pic soon™.

I'm not certain since I don't use OPM :/

Instead of deleting everything in OPM except for configs/textures, I recommend not deleting any files. Instead go into the OPM EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements config and delete all objects for all stock bodies. This should make OPM still the same but theoretically without any of the stock body revamps.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

21 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

The only good way to make the atmosphere even more transparent would be to not install Scatterer :/

I actually agree with you on Kerbin being too hazy and I would make it clearer if I could :P Setting it any lighter makes the sky start to turn dark.

I see, well a small disadvantage then. I'd like to be able to eyeball landings without alot of trial and error, landing on Eve is kinda hit or miss let alone being able to pick a certain landing spot. 

Oh my bad I didn't know you meant the cloud thickness. I thought you meant that the Scatterer mod was making the terrain too hazy from a distance, not that you can't see through cloudlayers. It's the EnvironmentalVisualEnhancement cloud layers that are preventing you from seeing to the surface, yes?

This is challenging to edit but you can make it so you can see the surface, but it will come at the cost that Eve won't look covered in clouds anymore. Open GameData/Spectra/Spectra_configs/Spectra_AtmoMain.cfg and scroll down a bit until you objects with 'body = Eve'. These are the cloud layers for Eve. You can ignore the aurora, lightning, and dust layers, but the main cloud layers you will want to lower the alpha opacity so that you can see through them. Do this by going to the line that says "color = R, G, B, A" and lower the last number 'A' on all of them until you can see through them to the surface. Cutting them in half might be good but you may need to test.

Thanks for the excellent info!! Been looking through Eve's and Scatterers info but it is hard to get insight in which option provides what kind of effect. I will tinker with it tonight, ill make some before and after screenshots.

Edit: Ok, couldnt wait. There are EveGlowGreen, EveAurora, EveBands, EveMain,  EveLightning, EveDark, EveDust. I assume only EveMain deals with the cloud layers and the others are seperate effects?

Another Edit: https://imgur.com/a/wUGobEj I reduced EveMain and EveDark to 75 where it was 255 and EveBands to 100 were the default was 300. Dont know if i shouldnt have change all three where I had the option, but at least i can see the ground features now.

Edited by AlphaRP

6 hours ago, AlphaRP said:

Thanks for the excellent info!! Been looking through Eve's and Scatterers info but it is hard to get insight in which option provides what kind of effect. I will tinker with it tonight, ill make some before and after screenshots.

Edit: Ok, couldnt wait. There are EveGlowGreen, EveAurora, EveBands, EveMain,  EveLightning, EveDark, EveDust. I assume only EveMain deals with the cloud layers and the others are seperate effects?

Another Edit: https://imgur.com/a/wUGobEj I reduced EveMain and EveDark to 75 where it was 255 and EveBands to 100 were the default was 300. Dont know if i shouldnt have change all three where I had the option, but at least i can see the ground features now.

Nice! Yeah EveMain and EveDark are the two ones you want to edit, possibly EveBands too if you want to see under the bright band that circles the planet. I forgot what the layers were called but you got them right.

Hi @Avera9eJoe! loving the mod. However, I'm having a small issue. 

Like @KSPrynk, I've took a craft into a death-plunge into Jool's atmosphere (Galileo probe style). The strange issue I've been getting is that shortly after entering the atmosphere, all the effects vanish:

https://imgur.com/a/uUY0lWf

I don't know if it's something on my part, but I'm a bit perplexed right now. :/

24 minutes ago, Dinozone said:

Hi @Avera9eJoe! loving the mod. However, I'm having a small issue. 

Like @KSPrynk, I've took a craft into a death-plunge into Jool's atmosphere (Galileo probe style). The strange issue I've been getting is that shortly after entering the atmosphere, all the effects vanish:

https://imgur.com/a/uUY0lWf

I don't know if it's something on my part, but I'm a bit perplexed right now. :/

Odd... It might be something to do with EVE's clipping plane. @Waz do you know anything about this?

2 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Odd... It might be something to do with EVE's clipping plane. @Waz do you know anything about this?

There are at least a few odd things with EVE in modern builds of KSP @Waz is aware of, but doesn't really know how to fix.  Or so that's how I remember it.

I made a build that fixed rocket plumes blending into the sky badly, but this doesn't sound like that at all, so it won't help here.

Edited by R-T-B

1 hour ago, ItsSnowyy said:

but it says in the homepage of the mod spectra add custom terrain with kopernicus

Ah my mistake I forgot to remove that. Spectra no longer uses Kopernicus.

Comparison of Kerbin atmosphere in "Spectra 1.4.0" and "AVP 4.05" (scatterer 0.0610):

Spoiler

Spectra:

Atmo-Kerbin-1-10-Spectra-1-4-0-Screen-01

Atmo-Kerbin-1-10-Spectra-1-4-0-Screen-03

Atmo-Kerbin-1-10-Spectra-1-4-0-Screen-04

Atmo-Kerbin-1-10-Spectra-1-4-0-Screen-05

AVP:

Atmo-Kerbin-1-10-AVP-4-05-Screen-02.png

Atmo-Kerbin-1-10-AVP-4-05-Screen-03.png

Atmo-Kerbin-1-10-AVP-4-05-Screen-04.png

Atmo-Kerbin-1-10-AVP-4-05-Screen-05.png

In "AVP" atmosphere is more washed out at high altitude. But it has clear boundaries at low altitudes.

In "Spectra" atmosphere is more washed out at lower altitudes. But it has sharper boundaries at high altitudes.

Question. Is it possible to make the border of atmosphere more blurred at high altitude as in "AVP"?

Problem is most likely in outdated "EVE". But I'm not good at this :D

Hello there :)

I have a little question regarding Spectra (which is a gorgeous visual mod btw) : Can I remove / tweak the glow around planets / moons ? If yes, how ?

I checked every body of the system, and it only occurs (to me) on two differents bodies :

I tried to mess a bit with the config files, but haven't been able to remove the glow effect.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Wastel.

9 hours ago, WasteL67 said:

Hello there :)

I have a little question regarding Spectra (which is a gorgeous visual mod btw) : Can I remove / tweak the glow around planets / moons ? If yes, how ?

I checked every body of the system, and it only occurs (to me) on two differents bodies :

I tried to mess a bit with the config files, but haven't been able to remove the glow effect.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Wastel.

Hey there! Good question and yes this is possible if you know how to delete config lines. Open the file GameData/Spectra/Spectra_Configs/Spectra_AtmoMain.cfg and delete all objects that have 'glow' in their title. Let me know if you need more details and I'll try to help.

14 hours ago, BezKartuza said:

Comparison of Kerbin atmosphere in "Spectra 1.4.0" and "AVP 4.05" (scatterer 0.0610):

Reveal hidden contents

Spectra:

Atmo-Kerbin-1-10-Spectra-1-4-0-Screen-01

Atmo-Kerbin-1-10-Spectra-1-4-0-Screen-03

Atmo-Kerbin-1-10-Spectra-1-4-0-Screen-04

Atmo-Kerbin-1-10-Spectra-1-4-0-Screen-05

AVP:

Atmo-Kerbin-1-10-AVP-4-05-Screen-02.png

Atmo-Kerbin-1-10-AVP-4-05-Screen-03.png

Atmo-Kerbin-1-10-AVP-4-05-Screen-04.png

Atmo-Kerbin-1-10-AVP-4-05-Screen-05.png

In "AVP" atmosphere is more washed out at high altitude. But it has clear boundaries at low altitudes.

In "Spectra" atmosphere is more washed out at lower altitudes. But it has sharper boundaries at high altitudes.

Question. Is it possible to make the border of atmosphere more blurred at high altitude as in "AVP"?

Problem is most likely in outdated "EVE". But I'm not good at this :D

5 hours ago, BezKartuza said:

I installed a new version of scatterer v0.0621 and atmosphere became godly again! :D:kiss::cool:

Reveal hidden contents

Spectra-1-4-Laythe-01.png

Spectra-1-4-Laythe-02.png

Spectra-1-4-Kerbin-01.png

Spectra-1-4-Kerbin-02.png

Woo! Glad to hear a new version of Scatterer fixed this :) Blackrack is awesome at updating it :D

Edited by Avera9eJoe

27 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hey there! Good question and yes this is possible if you know how to delete config lines. Open the file GameData/Spectra/Spectra_Configs/Spectra_AtmoMain.cfg and delete all objects that have 'glow' in their title. Let me know if you need more details and I'll try to help.

This worked EXACTLY as expected, thank you VERY much for your help, now I'll be able to fully enjoy your work :D

4 hours ago, WasteL67 said:

This worked EXACTLY as expected, thank you VERY much for your help, now I'll be able to fully enjoy your work :D

Np :) I love when people make their own edits and I'm all for helping