[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

22 minutes ago, Rakete said:

Just a short question: Is Spectra compatible with the outer planets mod? Does it provide atmosphere effects for those planets too?

AFAIK, there is no configs for OPM, visual mods that have one that I know are AVP and OPM-VO

On 5/5/2022 at 5:52 PM, Forked Camphor said:

AFAIK, there is no configs for OPM, visual mods that have one that I know are AVP and OPM-VO

What is OPM-VO? Is it compatible to an install, where spectra ist installed?

On 5/5/2022 at 5:52 PM, Forked Camphor said:

22 minutes ago, Rakete said:

"Outer Planets Mod Visual Overhaul", is an very outdated (1.4.5 or something like that) visual mod for OPM. It kinda works... kinda, but expect tons of bugs and glitches.

I tried it some time ago for the same reasons as you (Using Spectra and also OPM) and I don't recommend it.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @HafCoJoe & @blackrack

I just upgraded from Spectra 1.4.0 to 1.5.0 and added for the first time Scatterer (newest version).

I have strange blue effects on Eve under certain view angles: What have I done wrong? What can I do?

kz0VUjL.png

Edited by Rakete

5 hours ago, Rakete said:

Hello @HafCoJoe & @blackrack

I just upgraded from Spectra 1.4.0 to 1.5.0 and added for the first time Scatterer (newest version).

I have strange blue effects on Eve under certain view angles: What have I done wrong? What can I do?

kz0VUjL.png

Spectra is not compatible with the latest Scatterer versions. You better stick with Scatterer v0772 until we get an update

Edited by adriangm44

23 hours ago, adriangm44 said:

Spectra is not compatible with the latest Scatterer versions. You better stick with Scatterer v0772 until we get an update

Is there an update upcoming, or is there nothing known about?

10 hours ago, Rakete said:

Is there an update upcoming, or is there nothing known about?

Nothing currently planned until I get the time and energy for for Kerbal; alas I haven't either at the moment :/ I am willing to let others take the mantle though, if there is anyone experienced enough with Scatterer to make the changes

On 5/31/2022 at 1:41 AM, HafCoJoe said:

I am willing to let others take the mantle though, if there is anyone experienced enough with Scatterer to make the changes

I could give it a try as I know how to work Scatterer, then I could just send you the configs as I don't know much about getting module manager patches to work.

On 6/6/2022 at 3:37 PM, Benzo Kerman said:

I could give it a try as I know how to work Scatterer, then I could just send you the configs as I don't know much about getting module manager patches to work.

:o If you're able to get them working I'd love to push them in an official release — the module manager patches are only so that EVE can detect when Scatter is installed vs when it isn't and apply the 'non-Scatterer atmospheres' when not, but if you move EVE_atmoScatterer.cfg and EVE_atmo_Stock.cfg out of GameData/Spectra/Spectra_configs you should be able to work with the EVE GUI without messing things up. Keep in mind though that whenever you change a setting in the GUI you'll need to reload the game anyways, as it tends to mess with shaders.

PIXnDUk.png
^ Move these two files into a temp location outside of GameData while editing

It's been quite a while since I've modified the files so my memory is a bit rusty as to what exactly is broken, but feel free to poke me if you have any questions, I'll try to help

Edited by HafCoJoe

On 6/11/2022 at 7:39 PM, Benzo Kerman said:

Just wanted to show some progress with the Scatterer update- pretty happy so far:

Eve:

Reveal hidden contents

Qnn4YzS.png

6cCxTOn.png

XKDFl7k.png

Kerbin:

Hide contents

LJho6by.png1nd9hGu.pngDDL42DG.png

Duna:

Hide contents

0LHm1jg.pngrOdRMbi.pngh2G57Wy.png

Pretty excited @HafCoJoe let me do this.

Excited that someone was able to work on this <3 apologies all that I've been away

On 6/12/2022 at 4:39 AM, Benzo Kerman said:

Just wanted to show some progress with the Scatterer update- pretty happy so far:

Eve:

Reveal hidden contents

Qnn4YzS.png

6cCxTOn.png

XKDFl7k.png

Kerbin:

Reveal hidden contents

LJho6by.png1nd9hGu.pngDDL42DG.png

Duna:

Reveal hidden contents

0LHm1jg.pngrOdRMbi.pngh2G57Wy.png

Pretty excited @HafCoJoe let me do this.

Is this for release soon? This is great job!!

Edited by adriangm44

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I have been very busy for a few weeks, and have had about a singular day to work on the update. Last time I worked on it, I did some messing around with the new Scatterer features. This includes secondary sun support, which I used to create a bit of planetshine on Laythe. @HafCoJoe said he would be alright with some of the new Scatterer features being built in as long as they don't have too much of a performance hit. I think I'll be able to get these in on release. Anyways, what you are all here for, the screenshots:

Spoiler

Jool reflecting off Laythe's ocean with the planetshinev1aYF9y.png

And simply Jool and Laythe (I like the little bit more green look of Laythe from SVE and decided to try it, HafCoJoe approves :))GDVUAbu.png

You can probably expect a release in the next few weeks as once I am done being busy I should be able to finish work on the update quickly. Also let me know what you think of these new features and stay tuned for possibly more!

7 hours ago, Benzo Kerman said:

Hey all, I have been very busy for a few weeks, and have had about a singular day to work on the update. Last time I worked on it, I did some messing around with the new Scatterer features. This includes secondary sun support, which I used to create a bit of planetshine on Laythe. @HafCoJoe said he would be alright with some of the new Scatterer features being built in as long as they don't have too much of a performance hit. I think I'll be able to get these in on release. Anyways, what you are all here for, the screenshots:

Hide contents

Jool reflecting off Laythe's ocean with the planetshinev1aYF9y.png

And simply Jool and Laythe (I like the little bit more green look of Laythe from SVE and decided to try it, HafCoJoe approves :))GDVUAbu.png

You can probably expect a release in the next few weeks as once I am done being busy I should be able to finish work on the update quickly. Also let me know what you think of these new features and stay tuned for possibly more!

Things have picked up a bit here as well, so I'm unsure how soon after you're able to pass it off I'll be able to get it out on SpaceDock, but hopefully quickly!

• 3 weeks later...

I just threw together a trailer for the update, seeing as there are a few new things, enjoy :) (looks best in 4k)

Spoiler

Note the new volumetric Minmus fog, which will be in an "experimental branch" of the update!

Edited by Benzo Kerman
Huh- for some reason that just showed me the original trailer, was that what it was for everyone else? Should show the correct thing...

27 minutes ago, MoeKitsune said:

Ooh! Been wanting to get back into the stock system and this plus Parallax's upcoming update look amazing!

If you hold your breath for just a few more days, you'll have a new version of Spectra to use too :)

2 hours ago, bobjonesisthebest:D said:

Mystery of 'Skeleton Lake' filled with hundreds of human bones deepens as  scientists make new discovery | The Independent | The Independent

The update is out! I haven't had time to do a proper send out, but you can grab 1.6.0 on SpaceDock right now :) I will be pushing a quick patch within the next few days to make Minmus' scatterer effects optional, but other than that, it's done.

Nice! So far I noticed Eve looks quite different. It seems to change a lot when viewed from about 10 Mm to 1 Mm. Further away there's more variation/ detail, more white/ purple bands. Moving closer, it transitions gradually to almost a solid light blue. I'm using Scatterer. Does it look that way for others? It doesn't look very natural to change that much IMO. I'll post pics tomorrow if you're not seeing this. 

The shadow cascade distance setting in scatterer long distance shadows is not being set back to stock when set to 0,0,0. It's changing shadow detail levels too close to the subject (it should use the highest shadow detail much further away).  For Spectra 1.50 I edited the Scatterer_Settings.cfg to fix this.... but now there is no such file. So I'm not sure what's happening with the shadow cascade distance.

Does it work with the last version of Scatterer? Cause I updated both Spectra and Scatterer (stayed in 0.0772 cause the atmospheres looked really thick and weird) at the same time.  I got inside a save file and this is what I got:

https://imgur.com/gallery/szY6rIs

https://imgur.com/gallery/Dl6X2mJ

No cool clouds like in the video, very thick atmosphere, Duna looks weird... I don't know how to install this properly...

What visual mods do you have @Benzo Kerman? And what configs for scatterer and pretty much everything else?

Edited by adriangm44