[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

On 8/3/2022 at 11:54 PM, HafCoJoe said:

(Red means not indexed, I.E. they don't exist yet in CKAN)

FYI Spectra-Scatterer is still red. Three EVE ones are good.

On 8/3/2022 at 4:22 AM, adriangm44 said:

How did you fix it??

Didn't. Reported it... hoping dev has time. 

I'll just leave these gems here:

Spoiler

Leg9nPf.png

TZnWy0v.png

RAioaLR.png

Edited by Krazy1

1 hour ago, Krazy1 said:

I tried. It's still red. 

:/ I can't bug test hid since it's not red on my end

Does it say not indexed? & Did you uninstall Scatterer too, or just Spectra? How about any other add-ons from Spectra? Any planet mods? Other visual mods I should know of?

11 hours ago, HafCoJoe said:

not red on my end

Well first I just applied the available updates in CKAN which only changed Spectra from 1.6.3 to 1.6.5 and I saw spectra-scatterer was not indexed so I rolled Spectra back to 1.6.3. I just now uninstalled Spectra, which also removed scatterer and EVE. This is what I see for the Spectra 1.6.5 listed in CKAN. Purging/ refreshing doesn't change it.

qPCXsx0.png

I have several other visual mods...  Here's my list (with spectra, scatterer, EVE removed). 

Spoiler

Alternate Resource Panel (AlternateResourcePanel 1:v2.11.0.0)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.20.0)
Better Load Save Game Renewed (BetterLoadSaveGame 2.5.3.4)
Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.7.1)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.17)
Community Trait Icons (CommunityTraitIcons v1.1.1)
Corelian - A new home for Dres (Corelian 1:1.0.5)
DF Skybox: Large Magellanic Cloud (DFLargeMagellanicCloudSkybox 1.3)
Distant Object Enhancement /L (DistantObject v2.1.1.9)
Distant Object Enhancement /L default config (DistantObject-default v2.1.1.9)
Easy Vessel Switch (EVS) (EasyVesselSwitch 2.3)
EasyBoard (EasyBoard 1.10)
Ferram Aerospace Research Continued (FerramAerospaceResearchContinued 3:0.16.0.5)
Harmony 2 (Harmony2 2.2.1.0)
Improved and Updated Chase Camera (ImprovedUpdatedChaseCam 1.6.4.2)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.14.0.0)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.9.0)
Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 2:release-1.12.1-138)
KSP Community Fixes (KSPCommunityFixes 1.20.2)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.12.1)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.10.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.2.2)
Olympic1's ARP Icons (Olympic1ARPIcons 2:1.1.0.0)
One Window (OneWindow 4.0)
Parallax (Parallax 1.3.1)
Parallax - Stock Planet Textures (Parallax-StockTextures 1.3.1)
PlanetShine (PlanetShine 0.2.6.6)
PlanetShine - Default configuration (PlanetShine-Config-Default 0.2.6.6)
Portrait Stats (PortraitStats 18.0)
QuickGoTo (QuickGoTo 1:1.4.0.9)
Reentry Particle Effect Renewed (ReentryParticleEffect 1.9.1.1)
Scatterer Sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 3:v0.0835)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.8.4)
Stock Waterfall Effects (StockWaterfallEffects 0.6.3)
TAC Fuel Balancer (TacFuelBalancer v2.21.5.2)
TextureReplacer (TextureReplacer v4.5.3)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.8)
Trajectories (Trajectories v2.4.3)
TriggerAu Flags (TriggerAu-Flags v2.11.0.0)
TweakScale Redistributable (TweakScale-Redist v2.4.6.16)
Waterfall Core (Waterfall 0.9.0)
Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.8.3.3)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.2.4)

UPDATE:

I switched CKAN instance to my unmodded Steam install and it is good - no index error.  Hmmm.

Update2: Now going back to modded install, 1.6.3 has indexing errors too: 

xFSMYqR.png

Edited by Krazy1
update2

1 hour ago, BezKartuza said:

I have some problems with the atmosphere. You can see better on Duna. At a certain angle.

Hide contents

Atmosfera-Duna-01.png

Atmosfera-Duna-02.png

Atmosfera-Duna-03.png

Atmosfera-Duna-04.png

Game-Data-KSP.jpg

video card: AMD RX580 (Latest driver version)

This is a side effect of Vibrant sunsets :( removing them removes this artifacting as well. It's also visible on Laythe/Kerbin, but harder to see

Edited by HafCoJoe

1 hour ago, HafCoJoe said:

This is a side effect of Vibrant sunsets :( removing them removes this artifacting as well. It's also visible on Laythe/Kerbin, but harder to see

Thanks helped! But... there is more:

Spoiler

In low orbit I have a ship

Spectra-Duna-1.png

Spectra-Duna-2.png

Spectra-Duna-3.png

Duna looks like this until I start zoom out

I zoom out... and it turns out like this:

Spectra-Duna-5.png

Spectra-Duna-4.png

I removed Spectra. Installed Spectra without Vibrant sunsets.

Edited by BezKartuza

11 minutes ago, BezKartuza said:

Thanks helped! But... there is more:

Reveal hidden contents

In low orbit I have a ship

Spectra-Duna-1.png

Spectra-Duna-2.png

Spectra-Duna-3.png

Duna looks like this until I start zoom out

I zoom out... and it turns out like this:

Spectra-Duna-5.png

Spectra-Duna-4.png

I removed Spectra. Installed Spectra without Vibrant sunsets.

Aye this looks normal for Scatterer effects on Duna. The horizon line has always been finicky with how the terrain height interacts :/

On 8/6/2022 at 6:18 PM, HafCoJoe said:

Spectra should overwrite the default config inside Scatterer, so it shouldn't matter if it's there or not. When you manually install Scatterer, you are installing the Sunflare and Default config as well as the download includes all three; only CKAN has the option to not install these — Could you show me pictures of your GameData and your Spectra folders inside GameData?

This should be right in theory. But once you check CKAN you quicly realise that each of three separate downloads contain the same files inside, see here:

Scatterer auto-downloaded files by CKAN:                                                   Scatterer Default Config:                                                                                            Scatterer Sunflare:
BwOsIFV.png         hdb6Y06.png          fR9Zlid.png

As you can see, its the same file of the same inside file sizes (Damn, the zip is the same one for the three of them). The table of contents below will tell you that you got installed only what is displayed in the bottom box. You install ONLY Scatterer, but only if you really bother will you find in the GameData folder that you ALSO HAVE the default configs and the sunflare, it ain't no different files, same size, same ammount. 

What I did was to delete the atmosphere configs inside Scatterer's folder. I didn't touch the ocean files nor the sunflares cause they weren't causing any problem and I dont' know if it will. But this is how it looks by doing that:

-----------------------------------------

Spoiler

ZSJPLt1.pngANqDMzU.png

pC9oxHp.png6tI6Sdc.png

Edited by adriangm44
Kerbin reflects too much the sun or is this just me?

11 hours ago, adriangm44 said:

This should be right in theory. But once you check CKAN you quicly realise that each of three separate downloads contain the same files inside, see here:

Scatterer auto-downloaded files by CKAN:                                                   Scatterer Default Config:                                                                                            Scatterer Sunflare:
BwOsIFV.png         hdb6Y06.png          fR9Zlid.png

As you can see, its the same file of the same inside file sizes (Damn, the zip is the same one for the three of them). The table of contents below will tell you that you got installed only what is displayed in the bottom box. You install ONLY Scatterer, but only if you really bother will you find in the GameData folder that you ALSO HAVE the default configs and the sunflare, it ain't no different files, same size, same ammount. 

What I did was to delete the atmosphere configs inside Scatterer's folder. I didn't touch the ocean files nor the sunflares cause they weren't causing any problem and I dont' know if it will. But this is how it looks by doing that:

Hide contents

ZSJPLt1.pngANqDMzU.png

pC9oxHp.png6tI6Sdc.png

You're incorrect with how CKAN handles Scatterer's "three" parts :/
The zip file which CKAN downloads includes all the parts; the plugin default configs, and sunflare, but it does not install all three. In fact it downloads straight from SpaceDock. The .netkan files; CKAN's "instructions" for what to do with each mod, show that each part installs a different part of the zip:

Scatterer.netkan (install plugin, skip config folder)
Scatterer-config.netkan (install config folder, skip all else)
Scatterer-sunflare.netkan (install sunflare folder, skip all else)

Your findings with how Scatterer and Spectra operate around each other are correct, though. At least mostly.
Scatterer, when installed manually, includes everything; the plugin, default configs, and sunflare configs. This is because manually installing means just dragging the whole folder straight into GameData; it doesn't allow for fine-tuning of installing specific folders (unless you manually remove things :PThis behavior is different from installing via CKAN. I've written the configs to handle both of these possibilities. This is actually how Spectra has worked all along—overwriting Scatterer's default configs with it's own. It's not new to this version. However what is new, is that Spectra now accommodates for not installing the other two parts of Scatterer if you don't want them. It no longer requires Scatterer Default Configs and Scatterer Sunflare. It still runs fine if they're there, though.

I hope that makes sense?

A.K.A. you don't have to delete or change anything with Scatterer's files; Spectra already handles that

Edited by HafCoJoe

On 8/7/2022 at 8:57 AM, Krazy1 said:

Well first I just applied the available updates in CKAN which only changed Spectra from 1.6.3 to 1.6.5 and I saw spectra-scatterer was not indexed so I rolled Spectra back to 1.6.3. I just now uninstalled Spectra, which also removed scatterer and EVE. This is what I see for the Spectra 1.6.5 listed in CKAN. Purging/ refreshing doesn't change it.

qPCXsx0.png

I have several other visual mods...  Here's my list (with spectra, scatterer, EVE removed). 

Reveal hidden contents

Alternate Resource Panel (AlternateResourcePanel 1:v2.11.0.0)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.20.0)
Better Load Save Game Renewed (BetterLoadSaveGame 2.5.3.4)
Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.7.1)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.17)
Community Trait Icons (CommunityTraitIcons v1.1.1)
Corelian - A new home for Dres (Corelian 1:1.0.5)
DF Skybox: Large Magellanic Cloud (DFLargeMagellanicCloudSkybox 1.3)
Distant Object Enhancement /L (DistantObject v2.1.1.9)
Distant Object Enhancement /L default config (DistantObject-default v2.1.1.9)
Easy Vessel Switch (EVS) (EasyVesselSwitch 2.3)
EasyBoard (EasyBoard 1.10)
Ferram Aerospace Research Continued (FerramAerospaceResearchContinued 3:0.16.0.5)
Harmony 2 (Harmony2 2.2.1.0)
Improved and Updated Chase Camera (ImprovedUpdatedChaseCam 1.6.4.2)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.14.0.0)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.9.0)
Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 2:release-1.12.1-138)
KSP Community Fixes (KSPCommunityFixes 1.20.2)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.12.1)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.10.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.2.2)
Olympic1's ARP Icons (Olympic1ARPIcons 2:1.1.0.0)
One Window (OneWindow 4.0)
Parallax (Parallax 1.3.1)
Parallax - Stock Planet Textures (Parallax-StockTextures 1.3.1)
PlanetShine (PlanetShine 0.2.6.6)
PlanetShine - Default configuration (PlanetShine-Config-Default 0.2.6.6)
Portrait Stats (PortraitStats 18.0)
QuickGoTo (QuickGoTo 1:1.4.0.9)
Reentry Particle Effect Renewed (ReentryParticleEffect 1.9.1.1)
Scatterer Sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 3:v0.0835)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.8.4)
Stock Waterfall Effects (StockWaterfallEffects 0.6.3)
TAC Fuel Balancer (TacFuelBalancer v2.21.5.2)
TextureReplacer (TextureReplacer v4.5.3)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.8)
Trajectories (Trajectories v2.4.3)
TriggerAu Flags (TriggerAu-Flags v2.11.0.0)
TweakScale Redistributable (TweakScale-Redist v2.4.6.16)
Waterfall Core (Waterfall 0.9.0)
Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.8.3.3)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.2.4)

UPDATE:

I switched CKAN instance to my unmodded Steam install and it is good - no index error.  Hmmm.

Update2: Now going back to modded install, 1.6.3 has indexing errors too: 

xFSMYqR.png

Sounds like there's something broken with your modded install, if it works fine with your unmodded steam install :/

On 8/8/2022 at 6:42 PM, HafCoJoe said:

Sounds like there's something broken with your modded install, if it works fine with your unmodded steam install :/

OK but it's fine in-game. I've never seen this indexing thing before. Any suggestions how to fix it?

11 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

OK but it's fine in-game. I've never seen this indexing thing before. Any suggestions how to fix it?

Reinstalling CKAN might help; that's really odd that it's only messed up in CKAN, and only for yourself

Is it possible for me to remove some of the textures because kerbin is lagging my game out and i would rather have kerbin without clouds.
Also, eve breaks and has just a solid layer of pink as its cloud layer, with weird black streaks across its surface.

I just need to know if doing so will break the pack.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Dreiasaiy said:

Is it possible for me to remove some of the textures because kerbin is lagging my game out and i would rather have kerbin without clouds.
Also, eve breaks and has just a solid layer of pink as its cloud layer, with weird black streaks across its surface.

I just need to know if doing so will break the pack.

Thanks!

Did you edit via the in-game EVE GUI at all? Attempting to do so breaks Spectra, as the EVE GUI doesn't know how to handle modulemanager syntax.

It's quite simple to remove layers though, in fact I made a video on it 

I talk about removing the glow effect, and the file structure has changed a little, but you can do this for any layer, including clouds. New folder path is Spectra/Spectra_EVE not Spectra/Spectra_config

Regarding your framerate though, the clouds really shouldn't be adding that much extra lag, unless you're trying to run with the extra features. Snow in particular is EXTREMELY resource intensive, and running with Parallax or Scatterer also cause a ton of lag; quite a lot more than the cloud textures cause. If you want to improve FPS, removing clouds is probably not the first thing to try, but closer to the last (unless you just don't want clouds for aesthetic reasons)

Edited by HafCoJoe

4 hours ago, HafCoJoe said:

Did you edit via the in-game EVE GUI at all? Attempting to do so breaks Spectra, as the EVE GUI doesn't know how to handle modulemanager syntax.

It's quite simple to remove layers though, in fact I made a video on it 

I talk about removing the glow effect, and the file structure has changed a little, but you can do this for any layer, including clouds. New folder path is Spectra/Spectra_EVE not Spectra/Spectra_config

Regarding your framerate though, the clouds really shouldn't be adding that much extra lag, unless you're trying to run with the extra features. Snow in particular is EXTREMELY resource intensive, and running with Parallax or Scatterer also cause a ton of lag; quite a lot more than the cloud textures cause. If you want to improve FPS, removing clouds is probably not the first thing to try, but closer to the last (unless you just don't want clouds for aesthetic reasons)

Yes i tried to use the In game EVE Gui and kerbin lost its clouds until i restarted the game
my computer can run scatterer but not clouds on eve and kerbin. For some reason duna, jool and laythe are completely fine, so thats just why i want to remove the cloud textures from only eve and kerbin

thanks for the help, but im wondering how people have spectra and still have those close proximity clouds that show up when you pass through the atmosphere and cloud layer. i might be able to run that without the main layer of clouds being shown as well.

Edited by Dreiasaiy
i forgot to write one thing (again)

i have another problem. i was trying to activate the close proximity clouds that show up when you pass through the cloud layer, but i realised that i dont have a file named spectra_scatterer or spectra_config. im using the latest version of spectra and im wondering if anyone else is having similar problems or knows how to fix it.

18 hours ago, Dreiasaiy said:

i have another problem. i was trying to activate the close proximity clouds that show up when you pass through the cloud layer

By proximity clouds do you mean the generated volumetric clouds? Again, these shouldn't be causing you lag. These clouds actually don't work right now if you disable Scatterer, too.

18 hours ago, Dreiasaiy said:

i realised that i dont have a file named spectra_scatterer or spectra_config. im using the latest version of spectra and im wondering if anyone else is having similar problems or knows how to fix it.

If you think there's any chance at all that you hit SAVE using the EVE GUI, I recommend reinstalling Spectra, as you probably broke it's configs. They don't handle hitting save via the gui well at all; any changes you make you'll have to make manually.

The file names changed in the most recent version; the new file you have to edit is GameData/Spectra/Spectra_EVE/EVE_Main — if you open this file you will see it is the same as the one in that video

Edited by HafCoJoe

On 8/20/2022 at 2:31 AM, HafCoJoe said:

By proximity clouds do you mean the generated volumetric clouds? Again, these shouldn't be causing you lag. These clouds actually don't work right now if you disable Scatterer, too.

If you think there's any chance at all that you hit SAVE using the EVE GUI, I recommend reinstalling Spectra, as you probably broke it's configs. They don't handle hitting save via the gui well at all; any changes you make you'll have to make manually.

The file names changed in the most recent version; the new file you have to edit is GameData/Spectra/Spectra_EVE/EVE_Main — if you open this file you will see it is the same as the one in that video

From what i understand, you are staying, that if i uninstall scatterer, those volumetric clouds will show up? if That's the case i dont mind if the clouds aren't there, as scatterer is (somehow) not lagging my game and does make beauty shots of my crafts look nice and solar eclipses are also pretty cool.  (i do have the water shaders deactivated).

Edited by Dreiasaiy

21 hours ago, Dreiasaiy said:

From what i understand, you are staying, that if i uninstall scatterer, those volumetric clouds will show up? if That's the case i dont mind if the clouds aren't there, as scatterer is (somehow) not lagging my game and does make beauty shots of my crafts look nice and solar eclipses are also pretty cool.  (i do have the water shaders deactivated).

That's not quite right :/ what I mean to say is the volumetrics don't cause much lag

On 8/25/2022 at 5:14 AM, HafCoJoe said:

That's not quite right :/ what I mean to say is the volumetrics don't cause much lag

oh sorry,
i just want to know how to turn them on because during the time i played ksp using volumetric clouds (SVE) it didnt lag my game.
also i swapped from SVE to spectra because SVE had pixellated clouds even at high quality textures.

13 hours ago, Dreiasaiy said:

oh sorry,
i just want to know how to turn them on because during the time i played ksp using volumetric clouds (SVE) it didnt lag my game.
also i swapped from SVE to spectra because SVE had pixellated clouds even at high quality textures.

Ooohh, that's actually a bit of a bug with EVE/Scatter right now; if you have both EVE and Scatterer installed, the clouds all have volumetrics (Kerbin's high altitude clouds don't though because they're so whispy, but the low altitude ones do). However for some reason if you don't install Scatterer, EVE doesn't have volumetrics :/ it's present across all packs though, not just Spectra

Is that what you mean? If you have both installed though you should already have volumetric clouds

Edited by HafCoJoe