[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

6 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Lastly, I was made aware of an unofficial update of Kopernicus for 1.9.1. I haven't tested it yet, but if you can please if you can give it a download and let me know how things look: [Rule-violating mod link removed by moderator]

Hi @Avera9eJoe,

We're very sorry, but unfortunately we've had to remove the link to the unofficial Kopernicus build that was posted above.

We appreciate that the author of that site was trying to do the right thing, and included a disclaimer on the website saying "don't go pester the authors".  Unfortunately, however, the site doesn't comply with the add-on posting rules, which specify several hoops to jump through that are, alas, necessary for various reasons; and therefore posting a link to it is also not allowed.

Things the site would need to do in order to be in compliance with the rules:

• Declare the software license
  • Include a LICENSE file in the download with the full text of the license, and indicating the provenance of the mod
  • Link to the full source code that the recompiled mod was built from

I know, it's a bummer, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience-- it's clear that both you and the author of that site are trying to do the right thing, and Kopernicus is sorely missed, but our hands are tied here. :(

Thank you for your understanding.

1 hour ago, Snark said:

Hi @Avera9eJoe,

We're very sorry, but unfortunately we've had to remove the link to the unofficial Kopernicus build that was posted above.

We appreciate that the author of that site was trying to do the right thing, and included a disclaimer on the website saying "don't go pester the authors".  Unfortunately, however, the site doesn't comply with the add-on posting rules, which specify several hoops to jump through that are, alas, necessary for various reasons; and therefore posting a link to it is also not allowed.

Things the site would need to do in order to be in compliance with the rules:

• Declare the software license
  • Include a LICENSE file in the download with the full text of the license, and indicating the provenance of the mod
  • Link to the full source code that the recompiled mod was built from

I know, it's a bummer, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience-- it's clear that both you and the author of that site are trying to do the right thing, and Kopernicus is sorely missed, but our hands are tied here. :(

Thank you for your understanding.

No worries, I should have known better than to distribute an unofficial file here, sorry for not thinking :P

1 hour ago, KIMCHI said:

Is there an option panel?

There are no in-game options added but you have the option to pick what features to run by only installing the parent mods that you want. EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements for clouds, Scatterer for better atmospheres and water, etc.

Spectra is a collection of textures and config files that use a couple of other mods as a framework. There are more instructions in the download that tell you what each parent mod does. To make it easier though, I suggest you install via CKAN. Its a powerful tool that can make installing hundreds of mods extremely simple.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

After the last update, I got this error when trying to update another mod.

When I reinstall PlanetShine, choosing Spectra's config for it, I also get the same error.

The following inconsistencies were found:
* PlanetShine 0.2.6.3 missing dependency PlanetShine-Config
Error during installation!

11 minutes ago, Krzeszny said:

After the last update, I got this error when trying to update another mod.

When I reinstall PlanetShine, choosing Spectra's config for it, I also get the same error.

* PlanetShine 0.2.6.3 missing dependency PlanetShine-Config

There are some things currently changing with Spectra's CKAN install files so hang tight for a bit.  I know what caused this (I removed my PlanetShine configs since they were outdated and also removed the flag from CKAN), but just in case, could you try manually removing both PlanetShine and Spectra (Make sure neither of them are in your GameData), then relaunch CKAN, refresh it, and try reinstalling them both again? It looks like CKAN doesn't realize that Spectra doesn't include a PlanetShine config anymore, and isn't installing the default config as a backup.

Also, did you tick "PlanetShine-Config-Default in suggestions too?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

2 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

There are some things currently changing with Spectra's CKAN files so hang tight for a bit. Just in case, could you try manually removing both PlanetShine and Spectra, and then try reinstalling them again?

When I try to install Spectra and PlanetShine at the same time (choosing Spectra's config), CKAN crashes with this exception:

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Already contains module:Spectra
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.Add(CkanModule module, SelectionReason reason)
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.AddModulesToInstall(IEnumerable`1 modules)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.InstallList(ICollection`1 modules, RelationshipResolverOptions options, RegistryManager registry_manager, IDownloader downloader, Boolean ConfirmPrompt)
   at CKAN.Main.InstallMods(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

When I install Spectra first, and after that PlanetShine, I get the mod installation error from my previous post, without crashing.

When I install PlanetShine without Spectra and choose Spectra's config during installation, PlanetShine is installed with... something - CKAN shows that Spectra has been installed but it's out-of-date. Updating causes the mod installation error from my previous post.

By the way maybe you could remove either PlanetShine or PlanetShine-Config-Default from suggestions? Installing the second one doesn't ask me to choose a config while installing the first one does. What you could add to suggestions though, is the Destruction Effects mod because why not :)

Also, did you tick "PlanetShine-Config-Default in suggestions too?

Nope.

EDIT: Hold on, I forgot about your manual installation suggestion.

EDIT: I uninstalled PlanetShine, deleted Spectra's folder, then uninstalled Spectra with CKAN, reinstalled it and now I can't uninstall it. However, I was able to install PlanetShine, choosing its config. (Spectra's config is still there to choose during installation.)

Edited by Krzeszny

@HebaruSan Hi. I hope you don't mind me asking here. Do you have an idea what's going on? During PlanetShine installation, it gives the option to install its own config or Spectra's config. When I choose Spectra's config, CKAN crashes as I said in my previous post.

As Avera9eJoe said,

It looks like CKAN doesn't realize that Spectra doesn't include a PlanetShine config anymore, and isn't installing the default config as a backup.

Second problem:

Spoiler

(EDIT: restarting PC fixed it) I can't remove Spectra. What I did before trying to remove Spectra: I deleted Spectra's folder in GameData manually, opened CKAN, uninstalled Spectra and reinstalled it (as well as installed a couple of other mods).

Removing Spectra...
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Planets/KerbinScaledSpace300.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Planets/moho00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Planets/NewMunSurfaceMap00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Planets/NewMunSurfaceMapDiffuse.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Planets/newoceanmoon00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Planets/rockyMoon00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Planets/snowydwarfplanet00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Planets/sun.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/cactus00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/cactus01.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/concrete00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/concrete01.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/grass.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/grass00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/grass01.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/noise00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/noise01.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/pinetree00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/rock00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/sandJ00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/sandJ01.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/sandJ03.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/sandJ04.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/snowtree.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/arena.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/arena_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/cactus_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/cold.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/cold_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/cracks.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/cracks_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/glassoil.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/glassoil_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/Grass2.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/iceberg.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/iceberg_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/jool_ring.png is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/land_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/lunarsoil.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/lunarsoil_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/mapletree.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/margo.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/margo_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/marsu.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/marsu_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/mon.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/mon_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/munscat.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/munscat_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/pinetree.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/plainstone.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/plainstone_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/pnoise.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/pnoise_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/regolum.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/regolum_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/roca.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/roca_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/sands.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/sands_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/snowpinetree.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/sunflares.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!

KSP wasn't running, even in the task manager.

Edited by Krzeszny

6 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

When I try to install Spectra and PlanetShine at the same time (choosing Spectra's config), CKAN crashes with this exception:

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Already contains module:Spectra
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.Add(CkanModule module, SelectionReason reason)
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.AddModulesToInstall(IEnumerable`1 modules)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.InstallList(ICollection`1 modules, RelationshipResolverOptions options, RegistryManager registry_manager, IDownloader downloader, Boolean ConfirmPrompt)
   at CKAN.Main.InstallMods(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

When I install Spectra first, and after that PlanetShine, I get the mod installation error from my previous post, without crashing.

When I install PlanetShine without Spectra and choose Spectra's config during installation, PlanetShine is installed with... something - CKAN shows that Spectra has been installed but it's out-of-date. Updating causes the mod installation error from my previous post.

By the way maybe you could remove either PlanetShine or PlanetShine-Config-Default from suggestions? Installing the second one doesn't ask me to choose a config while installing the first one does. What you could add to suggestions though, is the Destruction Effects mod because why not :)

Nope.

EDIT: Hold on, I forgot about your manual installation suggestion.

EDIT: I uninstalled PlanetShine, deleted Spectra's folder, then uninstalled Spectra with CKAN, reinstalled it and now I can't uninstall it. However, I was able to install PlanetShine, choosing its config. (Spectra's config is still there to choose during installation.)

@HebaruSan Hi. I hope you don't mind me asking here. Do you have an idea what's going on? During PlanetShine installation, it gives the option to install its own config or Spectra's config. When I choose Spectra's config, CKAN crashes as I said in my previous post.

As Avera9eJoe said,

Second problem:

Hide contents

(EDIT: restarting PC fixed it) I can't remove Spectra. What I did before trying to remove Spectra: I deleted Spectra's folder in GameData manually, opened CKAN, uninstalled Spectra and reinstalled it (as well as installed a couple of other mods).

Removing Spectra...
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Planets/KerbinScaledSpace300.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Planets/moho00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Planets/NewMunSurfaceMap00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Planets/NewMunSurfaceMapDiffuse.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Planets/newoceanmoon00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Planets/rockyMoon00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Planets/snowydwarfplanet00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Planets/sun.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/cactus00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/cactus01.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/concrete00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/concrete01.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/grass.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/grass00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/grass01.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/noise00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/noise01.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/pinetree00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/rock00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/sandJ00.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/sandJ01.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/sandJ03.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/sandJ04.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Spectra/Spectra_textures/Terrain/snowtree.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/arena.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/arena_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/cactus_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/cold.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/cold_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/cracks.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/cracks_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/glassoil.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/glassoil_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/Grass2.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/iceberg.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/iceberg_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/jool_ring.png is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/land_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/lunarsoil.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/lunarsoil_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/mapletree.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/margo.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/margo_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/marsu.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/marsu_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/mon.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/mon_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/munscat.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/munscat_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/pinetree.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/plainstone.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/plainstone_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/pnoise.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/pnoise_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/regolum.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/regolum_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/roca.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/roca_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/sands.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/sands_NRM.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/snowpinetree.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!
* E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPRC/Terrain/sunflares.dds is registered to Spectra but has not been removed!

KSP wasn't running, even in the task manager.

4 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

GUQzIuW.jpg

Uhh...

I'm not sure if it looks accidentally good or bad.

Edit: When I uninstall Spectra, the clouds return to normal.

Woah... Yeah, none of that is happening for me, Spectra and PlanetShine reinstall fine for me. Do the clouds look normal when you load a save file? Or do they look all crazy colorful there too? The menu can be buggy sometimes.

One last thing, can you open up CKAN's settings and purge your cache? Deleting the cached modfiles could help too.

I'll check again in a few hours when I have more time and see if I can do anything, but my hands are pretty tied since I'm not getting these errors on my end.

The thing with CKAN is that it's modfiles sync every few hours when the bot rebuilds the repositories, and it only updates the mods in CKAN if you refresh CKAN after that happens. Also, CKAN does not delete files it didn't otherwise create, and since I didn't include a PlanetShine config in this update, it might be having problems if there is one left over from a previous version.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

When I try to install Spectra and PlanetShine at the same time (choosing Spectra's config)

Stop doing that. What's going on here is a little complicated. Here's the change set when choosing to install Spectra:

RBtF72t.png

And here's the config prompt if you opt to install PlanetShine:

GoedBGK.png

Note that Spectra is in both lists, but in the first list it is v1.3.1, and in the second v1.2.5. So if you check that box, it'll try to install two different versions of Spectra at the same time and fail. Just choose the default config when installing Spectra v1.3.1.

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

it'll try to install two different versions of Spectra at the same time and fail. Just choose the default config when installing Spectra v1.3.1.

Thanks. I've already figured out that the default config works fine but I never noticed that the versions were different. It makes sense that the conflict causes a crash but it's still an exception. Should I report it on GitHub?

Do the clouds look normal when you load a save file?

The clouds look like that even when I return to the menu from a save. However, they look normal when orbiting.

One last thing, can you open up CKAN's settings and purge your cache? Deleting the cached modfiles could help too.

I purged it and then reinstalled it. It didn't change anything but I got 4 GB of space back. Thanks.

I'll check again in a few hours when I have more time and see if I can do anything, but my hands are pretty tied since I'm not getting these errors on my end.

You don't have to figure it out, it's not a problem for me at all. It works OK on the default config and the colors make the menu look less bland.

The thing with CKAN is that it's modfiles sync every few hours when the bot rebuilds the repositories, and it only updates the mods in CKAN if you refresh CKAN after that happens. Also, CKAN does not delete files it didn't otherwise create, and since I didn't include a PlanetShine config in this update, it might be having problems if there is one left over from a previous version.

So you didn't remove the outdated config or CKAN didn't remove it? I don't understand. By the way, the config is still there to choose.

Edited by Krzeszny
grammar

21 minutes ago, Krzeszny said:

It makes sense that the conflict causes a crash but it's still an exception. Should I report it on GitHub?

Yeah, it shouldn't be prompting you to install a different version of the same mod. You can report it if you like, I'll be working on a fix either way.

On 5/12/2020 at 1:20 PM, horace said:

want some city lights

@horace, I have added an option for city lights :)

Search CKAN for the mod "KSPRC-CityLights" and install it. You might have to go into Settings/Compatible KSP versions and tick both 1.9 and 1.8 to get it to install since technically EVE isn't updated for 1.9.

10 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

GUQzIuW.jpg

Uhh...

I'm not sure if it looks accidentally good or bad.

Edit: When I uninstall Spectra, the clouds return to normal.

3 hours ago, EasyAce said:

I'm also get clouds with lots of nice colours - but only in the menu.

Strange. The menu looks normal for me:

oUZc3EP.png

EVE is known to be rather buggy in the main menu, though. If its only showing up in there than I don't think its a problem.

Just as a precaution though, @Krzeszny and @EasyAce, could you guys uninstall Scatterer and see if this is still present in the menu? I want to isolate and make sure that it's being caused by Spectra only. Make sure you don't uninstall the Scatterer-sunflare component but only uninstall Scatterer/Scatterer Default Config

Yeah, I'm getting the same thing.  Prior to this recent update, everything displayed absolutely fine.  I've reinstalled EVE, Spectra and Scatterer and even tried installing it in different orders, but no different.  Still rainbow clouds.  Removing Spectra does fix the problem.  Removing anything else, does not.  Use the last version of Spectra and all is back to normal.

FUTCLn4.jpg

Ignore the hex grid from Kethane.  I'm sure you can still see it regardless.  :p

13 minutes ago, Kaidesa said:

Yeah, I'm getting the same thing.  Prior to this recent update, everything displayed absolutely fine.  I've reinstalled EVE, Spectra and Scatterer and even tried installing it in different orders, but no different.  Still rainbow clouds.  Removing Spectra does fix the problem.  Removing anything else, does not.  Use the last version of Spectra and all is back to normal.

FUTCLn4.jpg

Ignore the hex grid from Kethane.  I'm sure you can still see it regardless.  :p

Bizarre... I'm not getting any of that. I changed some Scatterer cloud color settings and that might be the cause? Could you uninstall Scatterer and see if the clouds at the menu go back to normal?

Well, it took me two manual uninstalls of Scatterer, but I got the rainbow clouds to go away.  Clearly looks not-as-good without Scatterer, but...
4HXmYro.jpg

That said, re-installing Scatterer and the default config for it will cause the clouds to go back to rainbow status. It very likely is the change you made, though it does seem to only affect the title screen.  The clouds in the game itself were always fine despite the ones on the title screen being all kinds of colorful.

Edited by Kaidesa

33 minutes ago, Kaidesa said:

Well, it took me two manual uninstalls of Scatterer, but I got the rainbow clouds to go away.  Clearly looks not-as-good without Scatterer, but...
4HXmYro.jpg

That said, re-installing Scatterer and the default config for it will cause the clouds to go back to rainbow status. It very likely is the change you made, though it does seem to only affect the title screen.  The clouds in the game itself were always fine despite the ones on the title screen being all kinds of colorful.

Thank you for the update, this means that this is definitely caused by Scatterer & Spectra clashing in some way. I still don't see any of this on my end though, so I can't really test for it :/ 

Well, I just tested it again, and as mentioned before, playing with the previous version of Spectra seems to resolve the issue, so there's definitely something different in the current version which may be triggering it.  Now, the what and why of it is beyond me, but using the previous version of Spectra solves the issue.  Not sure if that gives you any idea as to where to look, but it's really not a huge deal at all since it only seems to affect the title screen.

11 hours ago, Kaidesa said:

Well, I just tested it again, and as mentioned before, playing with the previous version of Spectra seems to resolve the issue, so there's definitely something different in the current version which may be triggering it.  Now, the what and why of it is beyond me, but using the previous version of Spectra solves the issue.  Not sure if that gives you any idea as to where to look, but it's really not a huge deal at all since it only seems to affect the title screen.

I think I know what's causing it but not sure why exactly. I did some changes to Kerbin's cloud colors to improve their color at sunset, though  it's rather strange that it might make the menu crazy colorful. Do you mind if I send you a file for you to drop into GameData to see if it fixes it?

7 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I think I know what's causing it but not sure why exactly. I did some changes to Kerbin's cloud colors to improve their color at sunset, though  it's rather strange that it might make the menu crazy colorful. Do you mind if I send you a file for you to drop into GameData to see if it fixes it?

I have absolutely no problem testing that for you.  Send away at your nearest convenience and I'll check it out.

Edited by Kaidesa

3 hours ago, Kaidesa said:

I have absolutely no problem testing that for you.  Send away at your nearest convenience and I'll check it out.

Sweet! Alright. Could you try dropping this into you GameData folder? Its a replacement Kerbin atmo file for scatterer that lowers the cloud color multiplier, which is what I think is causing the rainbow clouds. If this fixes it I'll push a hotfix through SpaceDock.

Spectra menu clouds hotfix attempt 1

Edited by Avera9eJoe

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Sweet! Alright. Could you try dropping this into you GameData folder? Its a replacement Kerbin atmo file for scatterer that lowers the cloud color multiplier, which is what I think is causing the rainbow clouds. If this fixes it I'll push a hotfix through SpaceDock.

Spectra menu clouds hotfix attempt 1

Unfortunately the file didn't do anything.  Still colorful clouds.  I tried completely uninstalling Spectra and its dependencies, re-installing and then dropping the file in to no avail.
4cBnLGk.jpg
Which confuses me.  Reverting back to the previous version of Spectra still fixes the issue, though.  Mayhaps it could be a choice of renderer that provides different results?  I'm not forcing any modes or anything, and my KSP command line is as follows:

KSP_x64.exe -single-instance -popupwindow

Doubt it would really have anything to do with that though.  I'll try forcing something else to see if it makes a difference. 

Edit:  No, forcing OpenGL or D3D12 made no difference whatsoever.

Edited by Kaidesa
Added extra details.

One more thing you can try @Kaidesa- can you go into GameData/Spectra/Spectra_scatterer/Planets/Kerbin/atmo.cfg and change "EVEIntegration_preserveCloudColors = True" and change it to False?

cPDHOae.png

ubKyYNA.png

If that doesn't work you can also try setting "experimentalAtmoScale = 1.7" to something like 2. That might help too, though it will also make the atmosphere look more muddy.

I also use -popupwindow so that shouldn't be causing any problems. What other mods do you have installed? Specifically what visual mods?

Edited by Avera9eJoe