[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

23 minutes ago, RoscaS said:

If you're after productivity, don't spend time on word-pad anymore. You're building bad habits. Those text editors are made to make your life easier (and nicer) but they have a bit of a learning curve. I mean, you can totally use it like word pad out of the box, but you'll need a bit of time to discover their true potential. I mean... just having text highlight and multiple editors in the same window (both out of the box) is a big improvement in quality of life :D.

Album 3vSIGbd will appear when post is submitted

This is something that I think you're familiar with but in VsCode. I try to mix Spectra with some other mods (KSPRC mostly, a bit more in depth than what you do). Everything is perfect, but an issue with the sun. Maybe you know what it is?

Album OCiwM3r will appear when post is submitted

Anyways, if you want to give a go to VsCode or Sublime and feel a bit lost, feel free to ask. I've spend a pretty shameful amount of time to tweak them both to know how to help :)

Huh... I haven't seen that bug before sorry :/ could you try something for me? Move the EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements and Kopernicus folders out. I want to co firm if it's Scatterer causing this or if it's one of the other core mods.

I've been working with Brackets for simple html code in class, but I haven't had need for anything more complicated since I put together Spectra for the first time. If you have any suggestions to put in Spectra (or, perhaps if you want to help out) I'd be happy to hear your critiques - I'm always trying to get Spectra looking as nice as possible.

I know that this is going slightly off topic now but, @Avera9eJoe, Roverdude recommended Beyond Compare to me a while back for exactly this kind of thing and it is absolutely superb. I can't recommend it enough.

It makes comparing files an absolute doddle, you can double it up as an editor and you can very quickly merge in config parts etc. on the fly. It is also quite entertaining to load up configs from multiple mods and see them all "utilising" all the same bits of config code from each other. :D 

I can't atm, but I'll try in a couple of hours. I'm sure the bug is due to the mixing up of config files that I've made. 

Basically, Spectra does a really good job for EVE and Scatterer. Kerbin's space view is from far my favourite. I don't really like the glow/fog around some moons (Mun, Mini, Ike for example) so I took it off tweaking the files (I don't have any experience with ksp modding but I have somewhat experience codding so I just try to figure things out). I would like to have Jool's ring (that's working now) and most of all I love KSPRC textures. Especially the ones from very close. That's the tricky bit that made the sun bug happens.

About text editors they're all fine. Matter of taste... Actually no I lie, I think Sublime and VsCode are definitely better but that's my point of view :P They're all simple to use, we're not talking about Visual Studio but simple text editors. What I love about Sublime and Vscode is how hackable, lightweight and highly customizable they are. Both have a huge community of modders (plugin developers actually... kind of the same) that make sure that you'll always find the tool you need for the language you're using. Just as an example, Beyond compare main feature is totally integrated in VsCode (almost sure it's out of the box, or perhaps it's with the Git plugin, not sure). Anyways, matter of taste... but seriously, if you guys are spending a big deal of time codding, I'd definitely have a look on some reviews of text editors. 

53 minutes ago, RoscaS said:

Good call. EVE and Kopernicus out of GameData, the sun is back to normal.

Album JoZiACa will appear when post is submitted

Edit: Ok... It's Kopernicus. I gonna try some other versions.

My guess is that the corona texture (The one that looks like it's ablating off of the Sun when you zoom in) config is screwed up, and trying to call on a texture in the wrong file path. I'll experiment myself when I can find the time.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

That was my guess too. But I tried it all the ways around without success. 

Light
			{
				sunLensFlareColor = 0, 0, 0, 0
				sunAU = 2500000000
			}
			Material
			{
				emitColor0 = 1,1,1,1
				emitColor1 = 1,1,1,1
				sunspotColor = 0.2977528,0.08988765,0,1
				sunspotPower = 2.6
				sunspotTex = Spectra/Spectra_textures/Planets/sun
				rimColor = 1,1,0.8531461,1
				rimPower = 0.15
				rimBlend = 1
			}
			Coronas
			{
				Corona
				{
					Material
					{
						texture = Spectra/Spectra_textures/Planets/Sun_corona
						speed = -50
						rotation = -10
					}
				}
				Corona
				{
					Material
					{
						texture = Spectra/Spectra_textures/Planets/Sun_corona2
						speed = 100
						rotation = 5
					}
				}
			}

The path is alright, and the textures exist. I also tried to move them in KSRPC's folder, deleted that bit of code in your file and replaced the equivalent bit in KSRPC's one, no success neither. The only thing that worked was to move Kopernicus. I tried with Kopernicus 1.3.0-6 but that seemed to be a bad call, no more enhanced textures, back to stock and no ring neither. So now I'm back to 1.3.1-2 and I have a hole in the sun when it's poping behind something. I can live with that. I'm pretty pleased that all the rest is working without killing my fps (average around 50 at ksc). My first attempt of mixing mods worked, I had the ring, the textures and your configs but no more than 10 fps. I guess some configs where overlapping or some textures maybe...

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, garithmar said:

Very nice look to everything I enjoy this visual pack.  I'm not getting night skybox, instead its just black, I installed a skybox with better looks but nothing. 

huh... What time of night are you viewing from? Is it perhaps during sunset/sunrise when the sky is dark?

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:12 PM, garithmar said:

All night long seems to be without skybox its dark enough that I can't see craft unless they have lights.

Odd... If you're changing things from the normal Spectra install I don't know if I can help you out in that respect. Is it possibly the "skybox max brightness" that is set in Distant Object Enhancement?

• 3 weeks later...

Any ideas about this graphical anomaly?  I've had it with most graphical mods dealing with Atmospheres.   The atmo from orbit is a hard edge.  Any simple values I could play with either in code, or in graphics (I own the Adobe suite) to make this a natural fade?

This is a fresh stock install of Spectra with very few mods, mostly only those that came packaged with it, Mechjeb, and a parts mod.  Running a Geforce 980 GTX, latest drivers.

HorizonAtmo.jpg

Edited by Bosun

8 hours ago, Bosun said:

Any ideas about this graphical anomaly?  I've had it with most graphical mods dealing with Atmospheres.   The atmo from orbit is a hard edge.  Any simple values I could play with either in code, or in graphics (I own the Adobe suite) to make this a natural fade?

This is a fresh stock install of Spectra with very few mods, mostly only those that came packaged with it, Mechjeb, and a parts mod.  Running a Geforce 980 GTX, latest drivers.

HorizonAtmo.jpg

Yeah this is a known bug. I've tried and failed on multiple occasions to fix it. One thing you could try doing is going into GameData/Spectra and deleting the Scatterer folder and the config from Spectra_configs to set atmospheres to Scatterer's default ones. It's still a slight problem in plain Scatterer too if I remember.

3 hours ago, Bosun said:

Hmm, is the atmosphere coloring and visual distance set by Scatterer?  Perhaps I can find the values in there somewhere?  I'm definitely interested to play with it and see what we can discover.

All the planets that have an atmosphere have effects added by Scatterer (I.E. Eve, Kerbin, Duna, Jool, and Laythe), and all atmosphere-less planets have a glow effect added via EVE. I think the solution is more complex than simply tweaking the values on Kerbin, though. It could be that the atmosphere config for another planet is bleeding onto Kerbin's and causing the abrupt line. It's basically the only 'glitch' with Spectra that I have yet to address.

Hello, i have some issues with the textures. In the tracking center, it looks OK, but when i fly over a planet (for example the Mun), it look like this :

Images

I've try 3 times on KSP 1.3.1 without any mod and it's like this for everything.

Thanks

Edited by Theucalyptus
Error in imgur link

On 04/12/2017 at 4:30 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Yeah this is a known bug. I've tried and failed on multiple occasions to fix it. One thing you could try doing is going into GameData/Spectra and deleting the Scatterer folder and the config from Spectra_configs to set atmospheres to Scatterer's default ones. It's still a slight problem in plain Scatterer too if I remember.

You need to increase the radius of the atmosphere in the scatterer config tool, such that it eliminates nearly all of the hard edge. This also happens if your Hr is too high, but it doesn't look like you're using a high value.

On 05/12/2017 at 4:28 PM, Theucalyptus said:

Hello, i have some issues with the textures. In the tracking center, it looks OK, but when i fly over a planet (for example the Mun), it look like this :

Images

I've try 3 times on KSP 1.3.1 without any mod and it's like this for everything.

Thanks

Had the same issue, but you just need to read the instructions

jAbQVuN.png

4hcUDlk.png

4 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

You need to increase the radius of the atmosphere in the scatterer config tool, such that it eliminates nearly all of the hard edge. This also happens if your Hr is too high, but it doesn't look like you're using a high value.

Had the same issue, but you just need to read the instructions

jAbQVuN.png

4hcUDlk.png

Thanks,

I've already done that and it still doesn't work. But when installing on 1.2.2, and then update to 1.3.1, it's working perfectly o_O.