[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

sRi9QMa.png

Visual Compilation
"Adventure is nearest when farthest from home."

More videos:

Spoiler

Benzobean:

Vulkan:

:

Fan art:

4e4EAQY.png

KSUf6HD.jpg

s5oI1gm.png

W8KVIcD.png

More Fan art

Official pictures:

Spoiler

IGDbuC3.png

LXPmHJT.png

iU8ZOra.png

0B1Hvp7.png

6sVGZOL.png

Xcbicmw.png

uT1jJ88.png

JciAWCj.png

F7jwpew.png

pfNIfwA.png

WwDL0wb.png

KlIyWZX.png

YA3f4J0.png

B3ViJtA.png

h40VNH4.png

o5vNZwJ.png

Qx0fa1I.png

u54wIS0.png

83Sp0A0.png

pEOxe3v.png

ABjLwom.png

S5jVi67.png

DlXjAup.png

AtPlufN.png

JtKA1yc.png

0wfpNUg.png

eYcm8hW.png

b0mLcfh.png

Xs322VB.png

RfXBaLy.png

mohJ0S1.png

uOBVhAU.png

WqsWhEc.png

AnAxWDs.png

r3SjIfa.png

FGvBgH4.png

FXoGA8Q.png

sAo5ekj.png

NHsLR06.png

XVFaypg.png

C7d7eIl.png

No7R7No.png

uzVdMg0.png

fyAXeqY.png

6f42UTO.png

9VvQ5we.png

KQzVkT7.jpg

a9auHUs.png

d2jDLbO.png

4RId78s.png

oHLg6Ya.png

T8bkZhc.png

"If you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you..."

Imgur album link (2k images, outdated)

Pictures without Scatterer (performance mode):

Spoiler

3iTMug1.png

NnrzUB8.png

iT8vp1Z.png

DIyMPAz.png

3WqyAnx.png

Hello, Avera9eJoe here! This is Spectra, my ultimatum of a visual pack. A well optimized and yet breathtakingly beautiful revamp of all celestial bodies in KSP, with a pick-and-choose features setup so that you can tailor the mod to what you want. Fly through the geysers on Minmus and Eeloo. Soar across Laythe's glittering bioluminescent sky. Skip across the dust on Minmus, Pol, and Vall. Descend through Eve's mystic clouds. Or like they say, die trying.

Spectra is designed for:

• Performance: While made to be pretty Spectra is as optimized as possible. It runs very well on a high end system and there are ways to squeeze out extra performance as well if need be. In terms of pure FPS values, it's a dead tie with SVE.
  • Beauty: This pack has the greatest visuals I could create, and is perfect for film-making, or sight-seeing.
  • Stock: Spectra does not effect the stock parts, colliders, or physics. All that it adds is purely visual, meaning that craft files and saves with it installed behave exactly as they would in a clean installation, only prettier.
  • Nostalgia: Many visual packs have risen and fallen since EVE was first created in 2012. I asked numerous visual pack authors for permission to use some of their effects, and included many of the best concepts of each into Spectra with an additional level of streamline and polish. This makes Spectra a visual compilation of all great packs that came before it. KSPRC's surface textures, Stock Visual Enhancement's storms and lightning, Better Atmosphere's planetary glow, Astronomer's colors, it's all there. You can view the credits at the bottom of the page to see this in more detail. It's a lot to live up to, and so I hope it meets your expectations.

Spectra adds:

• EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
    • 8k clouds to Eve/Kerbin/Jool/Laythe
    • Auroras to Eve/Kerbin/Duna/Jool/Laythe
    • Vibrant glow to all planets
    • Bioluminescence to Laythe
    • Geysers to Minmus/Eeloo
    • Fog to Minmus/Vall/Pol
    • Dust storms to Eve/Duna
  • Scatterer
    • Sunflare (Custom version of Sunflares of Maar's Phi sunflare)
    • Atmospheres to Eve/Kerbin/Duna/Jool/Laythe
    • Oceans to Eve/Kerbin/Laythe

――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

Download: Spacedock CKAN-Indexed-green.svg

Official add-ons:

Notice: I recommend installing via CKAN as it is fast, simple, and additionally shows my curated list of recommended mods. Spectra is backwards compatible all the way to KSP v1.3.

Licensing: Spectra is licensed as MIT, meaning you are free to edit and redistribute everything in Spectra so long as you give credit where it is due and don't add a more restrictive license. What's mine is yours, and what you do with it is everyone else's.

――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

Bad performance? Try these:

• Remove some extras
    • RealPlume, DistantObjectEnhancement, and Scatterer all tax your GPU. Removing one or more of them (Or any of the other extras) can improve your frames.
  • Remove Scatterer
    • Spectra has backup atmospheres that enable when Scatterer isn't in GameData. Removing Scatterer from GameData will slightly dampen your visuals, but greatly increase your performance. I usually run without Scatterer when not recording because I value my frames.

Don't like Spectra but still want to try visual enhancements?

Troubleshooting:

• The sky is all white: This is a Scatterer bug. Try re-downloading and reinstalling Scatterer. Re-download is important.
  • Duna is completely blue (more than in the trailer/pictures): You probably clicked `save` in the EVE GUI. Pressing save breaks some of my ModuleManager configs. Don't press save and you'll be fine. If you do press save, reinstalling Spectra will fix this.

Credits:

@Benzo Kerman

Building almost exclusively the release to 1.6.0 

@blackrack's Scatterer

• Atmospheric scattering and tinting with custom configs.
  • Ocean shaders.

@JadeOfMaar's Sunflares of Maar

• Spectra uses a more stockalike version of Jade's Primus sunflare.

Inspiration:

@Astronomer's Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2 - I can't thank you enough for what you've done for your ground breaking work on the aesthetics of KSP. Thank you!

• Bioluminescence on Laythe

@Proot's KSPRC v1.0.5 - concept image post by @drswagboss from December 2015. Focus your eyes on the textures from low-orbit.

@Galileo's SVT and GPP - Your works are incredible... Thanks for all the help and advice. :)

• Lightning
  • Terrain scatters

@erona's and @Thesonicgalaxy's Better Atmospheres - The original mod that added glow to non-atmospheric bodies. If you said this is where it all started, you wouldn't be wrong.

@panzer1b's Sci-Fi Pack - Your pack is incredible! If you don't have the PC to run Spectra, definitely try SciFi.

• Proving that planet glow can still be done in new EVE, and look even better than before.
Edited by HafCoJoe
Videos rearranged

Ooh, auroras without needing to have a green Laythe. Duna sandstorms too? I'd add Planetshine to that list. And if you're delving beyond environments; Destruction Effects, ven's revamp, and the re-entry improved mod that adds unused stock assets.

Edited by Spartwo

2 hours ago, Spartwo said:

Ooh, auroras without needing to have a green Laythe. Duna sandstorms too? I'd add Planetshine to that list. And if you're delving beyond environments; Destruction Effects, ven's revamp, and the re-entry improved mod that adds unused stock assets.

Yep :) I'm already planning on adding all of those (ty for reminding me of reentry particles!) except for Ven's revamp - as much as I love his models, I'm not including it it because it changes how parts behave. I'm running this modpack to work the same as a stock install, but with the most enhanced visuals I can make.

On 4/19/2017 at 8:02 PM, Drew Kerman said:

any idea why Scatterer breaks the vacuum glow when these bodies have no atmospheres?

Oh - those configs are outdated I should update them. Check back in half an hour? Reminder though that this is just WIP and not an official release (yet) :P

Edited by Avera9eJoe

On 4/19/2017 at 6:41 PM, jlcarneiro said:

Err... what about computer requirements? :blush:

Also wondering about that...

It sounds great though (if the computer doesn't explode)

1 hour ago, qzgy said:

Also wondering about that...

It sounds great though (if the computer doesn't explode)

:L It's probably going to be a PC melter... as much as one can be in 64 bit :P It's meant for my own and @HatBat's cinematics as well as normal play 

Just now, Avera9eJoe said:

:L It's probably going to be a PC melter... as much as one can be in 64 bit :P It's meant for my own and @HatBat's cinematics as well as normal play 

So... not too bad? Even with maybe around 100 tabs in firefox?

Edited by qzgy

11 minutes ago, qzgy said:

So... not too bad? Even with maybe around 100 tabs in firefox?

Hopefully not bad... can't say anything for sure though as it's not done :D ... :P

Edited by Avera9eJoe

3 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

The DL at the top should already have it yes

the scatterer notes text file says it will still mess up vacuum glow, but I tried it anyways and didn't see anything. Is there something special I need besides the config for the glow and the two textures assigned within? That's all I really want to from this pack.

When I installed everything from the zip file the glows showed up fine, but when I replaced EVE, Scatterer, TextureReplacer with my versions (1.2.2.1, 0.0300 and 2.5.4 respectively) the glow went away. Is it not compatible with the latest EVE? I noticed Scatterer wasn't the latest either as the cloud colors didn't change along the terminator

1 hour ago, Drew Kerman said:

the scatterer notes text file says it will still mess up vacuum glow, but I tried it anyways and didn't see anything. Is there something special I need besides the config for the glow and the two textures assigned within? That's all I really want to from this pack.

When I installed everything from the zip file the glows showed up fine, but when I replaced EVE, Scatterer, TextureReplacer with my versions (1.2.2.1, 0.0300 and 2.5.4 respectively) the glow went away. Is it not compatible with the latest EVE? I noticed Scatterer wasn't the latest either as the cloud colors didn't change along the terminator

Ah forgot to delete that .txt file :P It was a not to myself that I put in before I restarted and I just forgot to delete it. Everything is behaving the correct way in that file - just not finished and not refined.

Going live in a few minutes on twitch. I don't know how long I'll be live but I'm going to test out that new Scatterer preview that @blackrack posted inside Spectra :) - Also showing off the KSPRC textures by @Proot, which I'll be including instructions on installing them alongside Spectra with some custom configs and settings.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

2 hours ago, Spartwo said:

Just swapped out my own installs of pretty much all these mods for the zip ones. How did you get the skybox to shift to black when there's a light source? I love it. Surpised windowshine wasn't included. 

I think it's Distant Object enhancement - I should put WindowShine in... surprised I forgot to yet. :>

Major update! v0.3

I've gotten to a point with KSPRC configs that I'm ready to send them out for feedback. Please if you have any suggestions for them tell me what you'd want different either here or through PM and I'll answer.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

9 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Is KSPRC replacing SVT? Because in 0.3 is no SVT included.

Sort of. In the future I'll be including SVT inside the official download since I have Galileo's permission to do so. If you remove the 'Spectra' and 'KSPRC' folders then you should be able to install SVT. I didn't include it in this DL because I'm testing KSPRC though :P - I'm customizing the heck out of KSPRC (and also stealing bits if code and textures from SVT) but leaving SVT the way that Galileo's made it. Hope that answers?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

9 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Sort of. In the future I'll be including SVT inside the official download since I have Galileo's permission to do so. If you remove the 'Spectra' and 'KSPRC' folders then you should be able to install SVT. I didn't include it in this DL because I'm testing KSPRC though :P - I'm customizing the heck out of KSPRC (and also stealing bits if code and textures from SVT) but leaving SVT the way that Galileo's made it. Hope that answers?

If you want save on download size, you could just make it an MM cfg so you aren't creating a monster download