[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

3 hours ago, Ocid said:

Hi. 

I seem to be having a strange issue with Spectra with terrain textures.

The first pic is from my science save. 2nd one is from sandbox.

Album https://imgur.com/a/Yt7PqsU will appear when post is submitted

Both are taken from roughly the same alititude like 1km difference. I'm guessing the sandbox pic is what Spectra is meant to look like. Both screenshots are from the same install just different saves so I'm not really sure what is causing the issue. Tried looking over the logs but not really sure what I'm looking for. Not a game breaking issue or anything but fps does seem to drop quite a bit and would be nice to have this mod in all its glory :D

Any help would be appreciated. 

Edit: I can post the log in a few hours. Just thought i would ask first.

Hm, I think that's just an inconsistency in the way KSP handles textures. Could you reload both saves and see if you can repeat the problem? To be sure you'll have to take the picture from the same place, as well as the same altitude. Both EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements and KSP's terrain code have some issues when it comes to tiling :/

Thanks for the reply.

Tried reloading saves on both science and sandbox mode alititudes weren't perfect but within about 50m of each other but the problem persisted.

However I also just tried AVP and I get the same kind of issue with that so yeah think there is probably just some kind of problem with the science save.

Will finish out this flight and launch another to the mun in science mode and see if its still there. Only thing I can think of is it has something to do with the ship not sure how though.

Thanks for the help though and despite the mentioned issue and fps drops in the science game Spectra is loveing awesome man. Jool and Eve look gorgeous. So makes me want to persist and find out the issue. :D

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, nsgallup said:

Everything appears to be working except for clouds on kerbin and eve.. any idea what is going on?

Can you send me some pictures? Also what other visual mods do you have installed? Don't know why Eve/Kerbin clouds wouldn't be showing when other planets are. Usually it's all or nothing :/

4 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Can you send me some pictures? Also what other visual mods do you have installed? Don't know why Eve/Kerbin clouds wouldn't be showing when other planets are. Usually it's all or nothing :/

I think I have it figured out now after some tinkering around with my game files, must have been an incompatibility with a different mod.

Edited by nsgallup

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Will the regular TextureReplacer (now being maintained again by shaw) work with Spectra? Or will I need HaAr's TRR?

On 4/19/2017 at 8:26 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

A bit of green in the terrain makes Dres somewhat unique - what it is or how it got there I'll leave up to your imagination... :)

I wanna say it's Kerbal remains but I don't wanna get charged with kerbalslaughter.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2018 at 9:33 PM, Thorn_Ike said:

Will the regular TextureReplacer (now being maintained again by shaw) work with Spectra? Or will I need HaAr's TRR?

After updating to KSP v1.6, Kerbal helmet visors appeared as bright pink due to a bad shaders file in TRR (GameData\TextureReplacerReplaced\Shaders). I uninstalled TRR and installed the newest version of TextureReplacer which fixed the issue. I didn't change or update anything else for Spectra and it seems to be working perfectly!

I will keep my eye out for an update to Scatterer but so far so good.

On 12/23/2018 at 11:38 PM, runphilrun said:

After updating to KSP v1.6, Kerbal helmet visors appeared as bright pink due to a bad shaders file in TRR (GameData\TextureReplacerReplaced\Shaders). I uninstalled TRR and installed the newest version of TextureReplacer which fixed the issue. I didn't change or update anything else for Spectra and it seems to be working perfectly!

I will keep my eye out for an update to Scatterer but so far so good.

Many thanks! I'll reupload with instructions to install TR instead of TRR. Good to hear everything else is working great! I'm more of an observer nowadays so its very helpful that you let me know what's the status with 1.6. Thanks a ton runphilrun :)

I don't think Kopernicus is working on 1.6 yet, but I could be wrong.

I'm also getting discolored atmospheres but I don't have Kopernicus installed.
Kerbin is a very bright teal and Duna is a purple/pink. They looked fine when I had Scatterer installed but it was taxing my system too much, so I removed only the scatterer folder per the OP instructions and then I ran into the issue I described.

Edited by _Zee

On 12/26/2018 at 4:05 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

I'm more of an observer nowadays so its very helpful that you let me know what's the status with 1.6

Hello Man!

Well, saying that, I think that the Scatterer settings need some fine tune in 1.6.

The last config point in Kerbin is covering the terrain in game and main menu.

Spoiler

xWBagu0.png

MJBXSl1.png

Deleting the config point 6 solved for me but would be good if a true artist take a look into this.

Spoiler

F1Nj7tR.png

Anyway, your mod is awesome as your planes are, thanks for all and keep up the good work.

5 hours ago, airtrafficcontroller said:

Hello Man!

Well, saying that, I think that the Scatterer settings need some fine tune in 1.6.

The last config point in Kerbin is covering the terrain in game and main menu.

Reveal hidden contents

xWBagu0.png

MJBXSl1.png

Deleting the config point 6 solved for me but would be good if a true artist take a look into this.

Reveal hidden contents

F1Nj7tR.png

Anyway, your mod is awesome as your planes are, thanks for all and keep up the good work.

Howdy! Thanks! Of all the vidual mods I used in Spectra, Scatterer is the one I have the least experience with. I would honestly be very indebted if someone with skill in it went through and made a prettier version. In lieu of that though, thanks for telling me how to fix it! I was curious.

On 12/27/2018 at 3:33 PM, winnermah said:

So.......... Why the red planet is a blue planet? (First time i've downloaded spectra btw..) and i'm not sure if Kopernicus is working properly since it's still in the 1.5.. Can anyone help?

48430215_1398487373615290_87789992069887

On 12/28/2018 at 3:39 AM, _Zee said:

I don't think Kopernicus is working on 1.6 yet, but I could be wrong.

I'm also getting discolored atmospheres but I don't have Kopernicus installed.
Kerbin is a very bright teal and Duna is a purple/pink. They looked fine when I had Scatterer installed but it was taxing my system too much, so I removed only the scatterer folder per the OP instructions and then I ran into the issue I described.

Both of those issues are heavily tied to Kopernicus :/ might have to live with them until it is updated.

Just wanted to pop back in and say I think my discolored planets were due to a botched mod install. I tried to get it all working again starting from scratch and I'm like 70% sure now that I had SVE installed at the same time.

Anyways, SVE isnt installed anymore and the planets are looking great with scatterer and planetshine working nicely as well.

2 hours ago, _Zee said:

Just wanted to pop back in and say I think my discolored planets were due to a botched mod install. I tried to get it all working again starting from scratch and I'm like 70% sure now that I had SVE installed at the same time.

Anyways, SVE isnt installed anymore and the planets are looking great with scatterer and planetshine working nicely as well.

Ah gotcha, phew! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Avera9eJoe

*when* I play stock I still grab this as its so pure and nice :)

One question though which came up now as I got a new stock install up,

will you at some point retouch the scatterer ocean configs? Because - and I hope I didn't botch anything - under certain conditions you can't tell them apart from the land mass, they're all one of the same green/brownish mud. 

Cheers!

On 11/12/2018 at 2:10 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

FYI - unless SVE is installed. SVE + other visual mods = no clouds on the stock planets. This is one reason why the owner of SVE calls out specifically on that mod's page that it's incompatible with Spectra, AVP, etc. I learned the hard way, so I'm mentioning it to you since it's basically a smoking gun for the exact incompatibility. Next time someone sees it and complains here, ask them if they have SVE installed and point them to that mod. :-)

On 1/9/2019 at 6:57 AM, Theysen said:

Hey @Avera9eJoe

*when* I play stock I still grab this as its so pure and nice :)

One question though which came up now as I got a new stock install up,

will you at some point retouch the scatterer ocean configs? Because - and I hope I didn't botch anything - under certain conditions you can't tell them apart from the land mass, they're all one of the same green/brownish mud. 

Cheers!

Ocean config bugs? Strange... I don't have any custom ocean configs, Spectra uses the default settings. I don't even have ocean configs.