[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

*slow clap* Brilliant. I've used all of the previous visual compilations you drew inspiration from at one time or another. Astronomer's, Better Atmospheres, Proot...never found this one before, but sooo glad I did now. You took exactly what I loved from each and combined them together, especially Eve and Laythe. Well done. I cannot wait to visit Laythe again!

1 hour ago, aeroeng14 said:

*slow clap* Brilliant. I've used all of the previous visual compilations you drew inspiration from at one time or another. Astronomer's, Better Atmospheres, Proot...never found this one before, but sooo glad I did now. You took exactly what I loved from each and combined them together, especially Eve and Laythe. Well done. I cannot wait to visit Laythe again!

Can't tell you how happy this comment makes me :) Glad to hear you like it so much! I did the best I could

4 hours ago, leatherneck6017 said:

This is such a beautiful compilation. Seriously, the best I've used. I've gotten some really great screenshots.

Thanks! Feel free to post some of your screenshots if you want too. :)

I'm  loving the pack so far, and I don't get the weird hazy effect with scatterer anymore too.  My game has never looked more beautiful.

But the water looks somewhat odd. or is it supposed to look like this? where it meets the islands.

OZqiGMI.png 

2 hours ago, Sooty said:

I'm  loving the pack so far, and I don't get the weird hazy effect with scatterer anymore too.  My game has never looked more beautiful.

But the water looks somewhat odd. or is it supposed to look like this? where it meets the islands.

OZqiGMI.png 

That's one of the side effects of Scatterer unfortunately :/

my terrain is black, complacently, i installed the mod did all the steps carefully making sure i did them right and my terrain ends up black as a void, i reinstalled kopernotics or however you spell it for 1.4.2 encase the mod that it was with was out of date but same issue. 

nvm just deleted kopernicus config in spectra folder

Edited by bghyt

7 minutes ago, SquaredSpekz said:

No, as in I don't have a flare, I just tried this with a clean GameData as well. Same result. BVfDMTf.png

That's odd, it isn't just in screenshots either? I heard there's a stock bug where sunflares aren't shown in screenshots, but I haven't heard of any ties to Spectra until now :/

19 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

That's odd, it isn't just in screenshots either? I heard there's a stock bug where sunflares aren't shown in screenshots, but I haven't heard of any ties to Spectra until now :/

no not just screenshots. Am I meant to be using TRR now? I removed all the mods and the stock one comes back so something is happening.

I had the same strange sun problem but it was only when I was at a craft that contained parts from station expansion redux which hasn't been updated to 1.4.2 yet so I figured I'd wait it out. Also TRR has not been updated but I found a post in the forum for TRR where someone found the updated shaders needed for 1.4 for windows and I downloaded that and installed it but the problem that fixed was the pink kerbal visor on eva. Another thing is I force direct X 11 by creating a desktop shortcut to KSP_64 then you right click the shortcut and add a space then -force-d3d11 at the end of the target line. This also creates a shader problem in 1.4 which is fixed by installing textures unlimited by shadowmage and a patch called directX 11/12 fixes from electrocutor's thread.

Hm. I'm getting a really odd effect. In atmosphere, basically everything is a little off. Shadows seem to cast onto thin air, atmospheric haze is inconsistent, a whole variety of problems. I suppose I just installed wrong, but I'm not sure. I followed all of the steps and used only files straight from the downloads, with the exception of DMagic Orbital Science, SCANsat, and Reentry Particle Effecs, whic I doubt hae anything to do with the weird problems. Here's some screenshots to show what I mean.

https://imgur.com/gallery/4swUq

Edited by Mister_Spaceman
Replaced album thing with direct link.

15 minutes ago, Mister_Spaceman said:

Hm. I'm getting a really odd effect. In atmosphere, basically everything is a little off. Shadows seem to cast onto thin air, atmospheric haze is inconsistent, a whole variety of problems. I suppose I just installed wrong, but I'm not sure. I followed all of the steps and used only files straight from the downloads, with the exception of DMagic Orbital Science, SCANsat, and Reentry Particle Effecs, whic I doubt hae anything to do with the weird problems. Here's some screenshots to show what I mean.

https://imgur.com/gallery/4swUq

Huh... The first image (atmosphere flickering quickly in map view or underwater) was a known Scatterer issue though the 1.4.x update should have fixed it. All of those are issues with Scatterer so they should still be present if you uninstall Spectra. Could you remove everything from your GameData except Scatterer and see if it's still there? Also, PC or Linux? Any unusual shortcut instructions or anything else I should know? KSP version?

3 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Huh... The first image (atmosphere flickering quickly in map view or underwater) was a known Scatterer issue though the 1.4.x update should have fixed it. All of those are issues with Scatterer so they should still be present if you uninstall Spectra. Could you remove everything from your GameData except Scatterer and see if it's still there? Also, PC or Linux? Any unusual shortcut instructions or anything else I should know? KSP version?

Using Windows 10, with KSP v1. 4.2.2110, the latest available update from Steam. If module manager could have anything to do with it, I'm using MN v3.0.6.0. None of the extras are installed. For the first one, it's worth noting that the atmosphere isn't flickering, but rather, the "ghost planet," as I call it, is always there. You can move the camera to hide it, but other than that, it's always visible in some way. I left the Squad folder when I pulled everything (except Scatterer, of course) from GameData. I don't believe it should have had an effect, but I'm no expert. The problems did persist with the other mods removed, yes. I downloaded Scatterer from spacedock, it says game version 1.4.1. Also, hopefully easier to troubleshoot and fix, the visor for TextureReplacer shows as having no texture (bright purple color). Is this a problem with TR itself, or do I need to find the file in one of the folders somewhere? 

Edited by Mister_Spaceman
Found a problem with TextureReplacer

24 minutes ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

Is the Kopernicus issue fixed? I want the full pack.

Yeah kopernicus updates, so everything should work. 

There is is an issue with ground scatter and colliders, but if spectra does implement colliders, then you are good. @Avera9eJoe might be able to answer that.

Edited by Galileo

2 hours ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

Is the Kopernicus issue fixed? I want the full pack.

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Yeah kopernicus updates, so everything should work. 

There is is an issue with ground scatter and colliders, but if spectra does implement colliders, then you are good. @Avera9eJoe might be able to answer that.

Spectra doesn't have  colliders enabled on ground scatter since I didn't like their performance impact per payoff. It also felt like cheating off of Galileo's configs just a bit too much... :P I left them for people to experience with SVT :wink:.