[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

15 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If that was added to Ckan by a 3rd party without your permission of your stuff, it will be removed if you contact the Ckan moderators.

14 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Was permission given?

I did give him permission; I forget his name but it was a number of months ago, if not close to a year. He asked nicely and put it on CKAN for me since there where many people asking for it. He hasn't sent me anything in a long tome though so he might have left the community. I know very little about CKAN and I've largely been away :/

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Hello there! I got a problem: after installing this mod, step-by-step, I have graphical issues. I'm very bad in English, so it will be easier to attach some screenshots. I have reinstalled all bod. I tried do... almost anything, I suppose. Nothing helped.

What the KRAKEN is that? =(

Spoiler

3iyQ-DdVyRA.jpg

sqXih9d2Qqo.jpg

ffMfg6D_wHY.jpg

l66zx6WJjvo.jpg

2 hours ago, renesi said:

Hello there! I got a problem: after installing this mod, step-by-step, I have graphical issues. I'm very bad in English, so it will be easier to attach some screenshots. I have reinstalled all bod. I tried do... almost anything, I suppose. Nothing helped.

What the KRAKEN is that? =(

Hide contents

3iyQ-DdVyRA.jpg

sqXih9d2Qqo.jpg

ffMfg6D_wHY.jpg

l66zx6WJjvo.jpg

:0.0: Holy kerb... That is new... Are you running the windows x64 bit client? I don't know what's happening there

27 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

:0.0: Holy kerb... That is new... Are you running the windows x64 bit client? I don't know what's happening there

Yes, Windows 10 x64, KSP from Steam.

Same here. I cant understand what happened too. I tried to remove Scattereer - nothing changed, Texture replacer - same.

Also there are two version of mods exist: Texture replacer replaced, and usual texture replacer 3.2 (6.7.2018). No results. D':

Mod was installed on clean KSP, only with SQUAD folder inside of GameData.

p.s.: MAYBE that will may you some hint: WITHOUT your mod SVT just isn't working too (terrain after installing SVT stay absolutely stock and low-res). With your mod, as you can see on screenshots, SVT works.

Edited by renesi

Hello, @Avera9eJoe , could I bother you to ask how do I install SVT with Spectra? I saw the instructions in the download, saying to install SVT normally, but when I do that, I get black terrain all around KSC, as if the textures aren't there. Without SVT (just KSPRC) all the textures are correct. I also tried to install SVT without KSPRC, but then I got no textures whatsoever.

I am sure I am missing something obvious, would you be kind enough to point it out? I can get the logs and everything if needed, but I think I didn't do something right.

10 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

You've got me stumped. All those look like texture errors and a lot of them are textures that Spectra doesn't even change :mad:

There are some thing what may (or not) be a part for solution: if KSP run WITH Russian localisation - it just don't see 60% of installed mods, have CTDs, missing  parts, missing textures. So I always using English version of KSP. BUT! Windows still Russian.

I have an idea how to try it, but that may be someway hard for you:

Can you make "All-In-One" package with all installed dependences or mods for Spectra and Spectra inside and send it to me, for try? Why not me - I may make some mistakes even if I think what I was 100% right. And I'm not a modder, I'm just a usual user, who want to fix problems and help other people if they're will have same problem. Also I'm not sure what I  translated all installation intstructions 100% correct (but they're simple enough, so I think I did all steps right).

p.s.:

System info:

Win10 x64, KSP x64 1.4.5 STEAM eng.

CPU - Intel Core i7 8700K

RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666MHz

GPU - NV GTX-970

Edited by renesi

15 hours ago, aluc24 said:

Hello, @Avera9eJoe , could I bother you to ask how do I install SVT with Spectra? I saw the instructions in the download, saying to install SVT normally, but when I do that, I get black terrain all around KSC, as if the textures aren't there. Without SVT (just KSPRC) all the textures are correct. I also tried to install SVT without KSPRC, but then I got no textures whatsoever.

I am sure I am missing something obvious, would you be kind enough to point it out? I can get the logs and everything if needed, but I think I didn't do something right.

Can you try going into "GameData/Spectra/Spectra_configs/" and try removing "spectra_Kopernicus.cfg"?

15 hours ago, renesi said:

Can you make "All-In-One" package with all installed dependences or mods for Spectra and Spectra inside and send it to me, for try?

I would but that would be against copy writes and I don't have the space or speed to host a file of that size :/

3 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Can you try going into "GameData/Spectra/Spectra_configs/" and try removing "spectra_Kopernicus.cfg"?

Thank you for replying! I did that, and it certainly changed the textures around KSC, but the mountains in the distance still reveal that something is not right here. Please take a look at this screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/JUa6whR.jpg

This is with both KSPR and SVT installed, and the spectra_Kopernicus.cfg removed.

Edited by aluc24

7 hours ago, aluc24 said:

Thank you for replying! I did that, and it certainly changed the textures around KSC, but the mountains in the distance still reveal that something is not right here. Please take a look at this screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/JUa6whR.jpg

This is with both KSPR and SVT installed, and the spectra_Kopernicus.cfg removed.

Can you install just SVT and see if that's what it looks like with just SVT? Deleting the Spectra_Kopernicus.cfg is effectively removing KSPRC as well since its deleting all of the terrain configs in Spectra.

6 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

Everything looks great for the most part but atmosphere effects seem to cut out entirely between 160km and 325km:
miU3jKk.png

luMylGB.png

j5nzQLD.png

zp0SdJx.png

In the process of fixing. In the meantime, remove the kerbin folder from GameData/Spectra/Scatterer/Configs to fix it

3 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Can you install just SVT and see if that's what it looks like with just SVT? Deleting the Spectra_Kopernicus.cfg is effectively removing KSPRC as well since its deleting all of the terrain configs in Spectra.

You mean, SVT without Spectra?

I've currently got Stock Visual Terrain, Scatterer, Distant Object Enhancement, Planetshine, Environmental Visual Enhancements, and Astronomer's Visual Pack 4K installed.

What would be the recommended/compatible mods for use with Spectra? It sounded like Planetshine is already be included in the mod?

If I can get similar visuals to the above modlist with fewer mods installed, (preferably just spectra alone) I'd prefer to go that way. Perhaps in the OP a compatibility/incompatibility list for what other visual mods conflict or work with Spectra?

Edited by Boersgard

12 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I would but that would be against copy writes and I don't have the space or speed to host a file of that size :/

There are no "spectra_Kopernicus.cfg", but "Kopernicus_terrain.cfg". If I remove this file, result:

Spoiler

y2PEfzjvPH8.jpg

GxxbAv1HC0Q.jpg

jhAW8RJAdHY.jpg

ZhXjulCXfwE.jpg

(SVT installed)

For filehosting "Google drive" or "Yandex drive" are nice enough things. Dropbox is nice too. =)

This is not about copyrights stuff, not for public posting. Only for debugging. My suppose - some conflicts with some libraries, in dependency of windows localisation, same to mods incompability between latinic and cyrillic language groups. But that a thing, which one still need to be confirmed or busted. D:

2 hours ago, Boersgard said:

I've currently got Stock Visual Terrain, Scatterer, Distant Object Enhancement, Planetshine, Environmental Visual Enhancements, and Astronomer's Visual Pack 4K installed.

What would be the recommended/compatible mods for use with Spectra? It sounded like Planetshine is already be included in the mod?

If I can get similar visuals to the above modlist with fewer mods installed, (preferably just spectra alone) I'd prefer to go that way. Perhaps in the OP a compatibility/incompatibility list for what other visual mods conflict or work with Spectra?

Generally speaking you you shouldn't install multiple visual mods that both do the same thing or both run off the same parent mod, I.E. If they both use EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements, or Kopernicus, or Scatterer, TextureReplacerReplaced, etc. You won't be able to install Spectra and Andromeda's for example, or Spectra and SVE. Or atleast it won't be pretty... That said I suggest any and every graphics mod to run alongside Spectra given they don't do the same thing. :) Help?

1 hour ago, renesi said:

There are no "spectra_Kopernicus.cfg", but "Kopernicus_terrain.cfg". If I remove this file, result:

Reveal hidden contents

y2PEfzjvPH8.jpg

GxxbAv1HC0Q.jpg

jhAW8RJAdHY.jpg

ZhXjulCXfwE.jpg

(SVT installed)

For filehosting "Google drive" or "Yandex drive" are nice enough things. Dropbox is nice too. =)

This is not about copyrights stuff, not for public posting. Only for debugging. My suppose - some conflicts with some libraries, in dependency of windows localisation, same to mods incompability between latinic and cyrillic language groups. But that a thing, which one still need to be confirmed or busted. D:

You are correct sorry I meant kopernicus_terrain.cfg :P Uninstall WindowShine and you should be good. WindowShine is broken for now. Other than that everything in those pictures looks good. :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

9 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Generally speaking you you shouldn't install multiple visual mods that both do the same thing or both run off the same parent mod, I.E. If they both use EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements, or Kopernicus, or Scatterer, TextureReplacerReplaced, etc. You won't be able to install Spectra and Andromeda's for example, or Spectra and SVE. Or atleast it won't be pretty... That said I suggest any and every graphics mod to run alongside Spectra given they don't do the same thing. :) Help?

You are correct sorry I meant kopernicus_terrain.cfg :P Uninstall WindowShine and you should be good. WindowShine is broken for now. Other than that everything in those pictures looks good. :)

I'll try, but do I need to put kopernicus_terrain.cfg back? This is a pretty big config file, it just can't be not important :D

I've uninstalled all my other graphics mods and installed Spectra and its dependencies, but I'm getting some sort of strange grid for my terrain: eBPwc6m.jpg

r7LUifr.jpg

Everything else seems to be working fine, just strange ground textures. Yes, I've downloaded and copied over the KSRPC terrain folder. There's also some transparency issues with solar panels (see through when they should not be). Is this maybe an issue with dx11?

Edited by Boersgard

5 hours ago, Boersgard said:

I've uninstalled all my other graphics mods and installed Spectra and its dependencies, but I'm getting some sort of strange grid for my terrain: eBPwc6m.jpg

r7LUifr.jpg

Everything else seems to be working fine, just strange ground textures. Yes, I've downloaded and copied over the KSRPC terrain folder. There's also some transparency issues with solar panels (see through when they should not be). Is this maybe an issue with dx11?

Installing SVT might fix this. I think.

turns out it's worse than just the weird ground texture; partway through flight my rockets look like they vibrate, and will become invisible if I zoom in. This issue then initially goes away once I reach orbit, but then after some time the rocket will once again go invisible, but at all distances, with only a sort of shadow outline showing where it is.

My guess is that it's some sort of shader problem.

Edited by Boersgard

6 hours ago, Boersgard said:

turns out it's worse than just the weird ground texture; partway through flight my rockets look like they vibrate, and will become invisible if I zoom in. This issue then initially goes away once I reach orbit, but then after some time the rocket will once again go invisible, but at all distances, with only a sort of shadow outline showing where it is.

My guess is that it's some sort of shader problem.

Could you take a picture of your GameData folder please? I've never seen that grid in Spectra before.

Edited by Avera9eJoe