[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

2 minutes ago, Heirloom said:

No, OPM won't work with Spectra. I don't mean like it won't literally work,  you just won't get any of the clouds and stuff for the OPM planets.

I understand that. But I can't get them together at all. Separately, each mod works.

2 minutes ago, Sokol_323 said:

I understand that. But I can't get them together at all. Separately, each mod works.

Do you mean like when you install OPM, the game just won't load? Or does OPM not add in the new planets? Or does Spectra not add clouds with OPM installed? 

2 minutes ago, Heirloom said:

Do you mean like when you install OPM, the game just won't load? Or does OPM not add in the new planets? Or does Spectra not add clouds with OPM installed? 

OPM does not add new planets. All required dependencies are installed. If you remove Spectra, planets appear.

1 minute ago, Sokol_323 said:

OPM does not add new planets. All required dependencies are installed. If you remove Spectra, planets appear.

Can you show us your GameData folder (a screenshot will do) and the logs? KSP.log and Kopernicus.log are the important ones.

10 minutes ago, Sokol_323 said:

Here is a screenshot of the GameData folder and the program's output_log. Where is Kopernicus.log? 

4hlp.png

Kopernicus.log can be found in the Logs folder, which should be located in the main KSP folder. Also we need KSP.log, not output.log

1 hour ago, PartiallyBurnt said:

Day 7 of trying to find out what's wrong with my Spectra.

Laythe looks like this (in DAYLIGHT!):
screenshot71.png

I don't know why, don't know what went wrong. My GameData:
unknown.png

Any and all help appreciated.

Huh... That's very odd. I'm afraid nothing comes to mind right away that might be causing it. Thanks for posting your GameData. Just as a precaution could you move your other mods to another folder and test the save with just Spectra? I want to make sure it's being caused by Spectra and not anything else. This isn't caused by an eclipse either, is it?

I'm just starting a new modded setup (not played in a while!), previously I've used EVE with just standard EVE configs, then I've used EVE/SVE so I thought this time I'd give Spectra a go. Really liking the look this mod gives and so far performance seems to be really good too! 

Just got a couple questions:
1) In 1.7.0 Squad have added a new skybox which is pretty nice, but after installing Spectra it's been replaced.  How can I disable the skybox from Spectra?
2) There's an issue (IIRC) with EVE that causes faint 2D textures to appear next to light sources (while on land....possibly only while under the cloud layer).  With SVE they don't show up so I guess it's a config related thing. I recall there was a quite simple fix to get rid of them, but I can't remember what it was. Any suggestions? 

15 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Huh... That's very odd. I'm afraid nothing comes to mind right away that might be causing it. Thanks for posting your GameData. Just as a precaution could you move your other mods to another folder and test the save with just Spectra? I want to make sure it's being caused by Spectra and not anything else. This isn't caused by an eclipse either, is it?

There was no eclipse. I also tried creating a new save, same problem.

I will try to remove everything except Spectra and try again, but I really can't see a reason why strictly visual (no terrain change) and sounds and helper plugins may do that

On 5/11/2019 at 8:27 AM, PartiallyBurnt said:

There was no eclipse. I also tried creating a new save, same problem.

I will try to remove everything except Spectra and try again, but I really can't see a reason why strictly visual (no terrain change) and sounds and helper plugins may do that

I don't see anything that should be causing problems either, I just want to make sure it's Spectra. I've found strange interactions before though, Scatterer and Distant Object Enhancement for example.

Hi, has anyone tried combining this with the Outer Plantes Mod and its Pood's EVE/Scaterrer configs? On my side it looked like the two EVE configs didn't work together.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2019 at 4:29 PM, DDE said:

Hi, has anyone tried combining this with the Outer Plantes Mod and its Pood's EVE/Scaterrer configs? On my side it looked like the two EVE configs didn't work together.

@DDE, I haven't switched over to @Poodmund 's OPM 2.X.X yet (didn't notice until today that it existed), but I've made Galileo's version work with Spectra before.  Since Pood hasn't updated his OPM Visual Overhaul yet, I used the files in Stock Visual Enhancement.  Once I have all the pieces, I start removing sections of the .cfg files that may overlap and leave the ones that should have precedence.  Deleting SVE's Stock planet config sections prevents conflicts with Spectra, and the leftover OPM config sections just work on the new planets.  I haven't looked yet, but if Pood's OPM has a separate EVE config section, I'd compare the individual .cfg files that have the same name that Spectra and/or SVE use, then open them up and see if there are sections within the .cfg file that conflict and decide which one should stay, or prune out individual sections of each.

Here's my old (Galileo OPM) checklist, use at your own risk: 

1) Add Environmental Visual Enhancements

2) Add Stock Visual Enhancements

- Add SVEMedResTextures (or whichever resolution texture pack fits in your RAM limits)

- Go into SVE_configs and delete: EVE_Eclipse, Scatterer_EVEShadows, EVE_Atmospheres

- In SVE_clouds.cfg, delete all but OPM_Clouds section

- In SVE_scatterer, Planets folder, delete stock planets and leave OPM planets

3) Add Spectra

- Add KSPRC Terrain (comes with Spectra now)

- Go into "Spectra_Configs" folder and edit Kopernicus_terrain.cfg --> Delete @ Body [Sun] section of file (I think this one was a leftover procedure when I was running Extrasolar and Grannus Expansion Pack with OPM, to get solar panel tracking to work with the other two Suns in the small star cluster I created)

4) Add Scatterer

5) Add Distant Object Enhancements (Optional); set Skybox dimming to 15% when using stock skybox

6) In KSP settings, set Ambient Light Boost: Map to -90%

In an ideal world, I could write a patch that does all this automatically (with "if Mod X AND Mod Y is detected, do this" language), but I haven't taken the time to learn the syntax yet.

Edited by KSPrynk

10 minutes ago, KSPrynk said:

@DDE, I haven't switched over to @Poodmund 's OPM 2.X.X yet (didn't notice until today that it existed), but I've made Galileo's version work with Spectra before.  Since Pood hasn't updated his OPM Visual Overhaul yet, I used the files in Stock Visual Enhancement.  Once I have all the pieces, I start removing sections of the .cfg files that may overlap and leave the ones that should have precedence.  Deleting SVE's Stock planet config sections prevents conflicts with Spectra, and the leftover OPM config sections just work on the new planets.  I haven't looked yet, but if Pood's OPM has a separate EVE config section, I'd compare the individual .cfg files that have the same name that Spectra and/or SVE use, then open them up and see if there are sections within the .cfg file that conflict and decide which one should stay, or prune out individual sections of each.

Here's my old (Galileo OPM) checklist, use at your own risk: 

1) Add Environmental Visual Enhancements

2) Add Stock Visual Enhancements

- Add SVEMedResTextures (or whichever resolution texture pack fits in your RAM limits)

- Go into SVE_configs and delete: EVE_Eclipse, Scatterer_EVEShadows, EVE_Atmospheres

- In SVE_clouds.cfg, delete all but OPM_Clouds section

- In SVE_scatterer, Planets folder, delete stock planets and leave OPM planets

3) Add Spectra

- Add KSPRC Terrain (comes with Spectra now)

- Go into "Spectra_Configs" folder and edit Kopernicus_terrain.cfg --> Delete @ Body [Sun] section of file (I think this one was a leftover procedure when I was running Extrasolar and Grannus Expansion Pack with OPM, to get solar panel tracking to work with the other two Suns in the small star cluster I created)

4) Add Scatterer

5) Add Distant Object Enhancements (Optional); set Skybox dimming to 15% when using stock skybox

6) In KSP settings, set Ambient Light Boost: Map to -90%

In an ideal world, I could write a patch that does all this automatically (with "if Mod X AND Mod Y is detected, do this" language), but I haven't taken the time to learn the syntax yet.

Woah... I might have to test this, I don't use any planet mods so I haven't had the drive to make it work. If this does though I might give instructions in the OP.

4 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Woah... I might have to test this, I don't use any planet mods so I haven't had the drive to make it work. If this does though I might give instructions in the OP.

Just beware, I haven't verified that it doesn't break something else.  I look for blatantly obvious missing layers in the Map View: planets missing clouds or haze layers, too many clouds or weird haze tints, no aurora or lightning effects, missing rings, double eclipses, etc..  Sarnus-Eeloo geysers always drove me nuts, because they appear to be set at a fixed, low, altitude, regardless of the terrain, so it's hard to find the appropriate orbits, without something like SCANSat.  And I'm not positive whether I'm seeing SVE's or Spectra's geysers.

20 hours ago, KSPrynk said:

Just beware, I haven't verified that it doesn't break something else.  I look for blatantly obvious missing layers in the Map View: planets missing clouds or haze layers, too many clouds or weird haze tints, no aurora or lightning effects, missing rings, double eclipses, etc..  Sarnus-Eeloo geysers always drove me nuts, because they appear to be set at a fixed, low, altitude, regardless of the terrain, so it's hard to find the appropriate orbits, without something like SCANSat.  And I'm not positive whether I'm seeing SVE's or Spectra's geysers.

Sounds good. Spectra's geysers were made for bodies that don't have massive changes in height (Eeloo and Minmus), but both SVE and Spectra have very similar geyser configs so I wouldn't be sure either.

19 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

Is there a download mirror? The spacedock link doesn't seem to be working for some reason.

Strange, I had that too. Just updated the link by removing "www" and it seems to work again.

Just wanting to double check with people who have Breaking Ground, has the new surface features broken the ground textures or is Spectra still 100%, looking to redownload after installing the new DLC.

Edited by KaitoSSB
spelling errors

18 hours ago, KaitoSSB said:

Just wanting to double check with people who have Breaking Ground, has the new surface features broken the ground textures or is Spectra still 100%, looking to redownload after installing the new DLC.

Hey! It should run fine. The important parent mods work in 1.7 (EVE/Kopernicus) so Spectra should run as well.

6 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hey! It should run fine. The important parent mods work in 1.7 (EVE/Kopernicus) so Spectra should run as well.

Yeah, noticed that Kopernicus was throwing an error message for 1.7.1, was just wanting to double check. Thanks!

4 hours ago, KaitoSSB said:

Yeah, noticed that Kopernicus was throwing an error message for 1.7.1, was just wanting to double check. Thanks!

For me, as well as the error message, I got continuous null ref exceptions in orbit related to solar panels. They slowed he frame rate to a crawl... 

On 6/6/2019 at 12:41 AM, UnanimousCoward said:

For me, as well as the error message, I got continuous null ref exceptions in orbit related to solar panels. They slowed he frame rate to a crawl... 

From what I understand there's always been the issue with Kopernicus where solar panels won't work if it isn't a compatible version. Best bet is to wait until Kopernicus is updated for 1.7.1 or just play on an older build of KSP until the update.