[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

11 hours ago, Junyo said:

Oh ...makes sense in a way, but would there be a way to add them somewhat easily without destroying everything else? :P

Install SVE, then remove all except

StockVisualEnhancements\SVE_Configs\SVE_CityLights.cfg
StockVisualEnhancements\Textures\detaildark.dds
StockVisualEnhancements\Textures\detaillight.dds
StockVisualEnhancements\Textures\main.dds

, you will have City Lights.

On 3/4/2019 at 5:10 PM, Junyo said:

Oh ...makes sense in a way, but would there be a way to add them somewhat easily without destroying everything else? :P

Since you already have to download KSPRC to install Spectra, I just copied the CityLights folder from that. It's in the same directory as Terrain.

1 hour ago, BadOaks said:

Since you already have to download KSPRC to install Spectra, I just copied the CityLights folder from that. It's in the same directory as Terrain.

I... should have thought of that hahaha :blush: I think I'm going to repackage everything into a new release real soon that also includes Restock, and I could add that as an option too.

On 10/8/2018 at 3:17 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

That looks normal. Watch the cinematic and compare. I like a more blue Duna, there was an old visual pack named 'Better Atmospheres' that I paid homeage to. :) If you don't like it though I can give you a new EVE config file and few steps to remove it.

Is this offer still valid? Great work on this mod and I love most of it, but I'm really not digging the fact that Duna turned blue. Even when it looks "as expected" and not due to a EVE glitch or anything, Duna just looks weird to me.

On 3/8/2019 at 9:18 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

I think I'm going to repackage everything into a new release real soon that also includes Restock

The art assets are All Rights Reserved, so you won't be able to. It would have been an awesome option to have though.

Edit: ignore this, I misunderstood "include" to mean "redistribute"

Edited by d4harp

7 hours ago, d4harp said:

The art assets are All Rights Reserved, so you won't be able to. It would have been an awesome option to have though.

Edit: ignore this, I misunderstood "include" to mean "redistribute"

Yeah, in the end I just linked it in extras. Including it would have been a terrible idea anyways since I'd have to get permission from each member of the team, and bearing that I did I would have to update Spectra each time Restock updated. I'm thinking of linking a few more things in add-ons too, like DistantObjectEnhancement, Chatterer, Reentry FX, etc.

So, as Spectra was just released for 1.6, I decided to swap out SVE for it. But then I ran into this odd feature, where the exhaust from the rockets is offset quite considerably.

ksp-offset-thrust-vector.png

Similarly, the Aerodynamic Overlay in the VAB is offset in the same manner.

ksp-offset-aerodynamic-overlay.png

It does seem to be affecting the performance (flight) of the vessels, so I don't believe that it's just a graphics glitch. I'm 99% certain that it is caused by Spectra, as my setup did not feature this oddity prior to me switching from SVE to Spectra. But here is my log, in any case.

Any ideas what specifically could be causing it?

4 hours ago, pseudamin said:

So, as Spectra was just released for 1.6, I decided to swap out SVE for it. But then I ran into this odd feature, where the exhaust from the rockets is offset quite considerably.

ksp-offset-thrust-vector.png

Similarly, the Aerodynamic Overlay in the VAB is offset in the same manner.

ksp-offset-aerodynamic-overlay.png

It does seem to be affecting the performance (flight) of the vessels, so I don't believe that it's just a graphics glitch. I'm 99% certain that it is caused by Spectra, as my setup did not feature this oddity prior to me switching from SVE to Spectra. But here is my log, in any case.

Any ideas what specifically could be causing it?

huh... by any chance could you take Restock out of your GameData real fast and boot up to see if its still there? I haven't seen that before

7 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

huh... by any chance could you take Restock out of your GameData real fast and boot up to see if its still there? I haven't seen that before

Thanks. Restock was just updated to 0.1.2 so I will try and update it and check if that resolves it first. If not, I will try and remove it and check what happens without it. 

37 minutes ago, pseudamin said:
8 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Thanks. Restock was just updated to 0.1.2 so I will try and update it and check if that resolves it first. If not, I will try and remove it and check what happens without it. 

So. Removing Restock (and Restock+) did the trick! Why it happens though (and how to fix it) is something I'll move over to their thread to figure out.

However, do you have any ideas about why the grasslands around the KSP Space Center is a dark blue-ish colour? 

darkbluegrass.png

Cheers.

Edited by pseudamin
grammar

7 hours ago, pseudamin said:

So. Removing Restock (and Restock+) did the trick! Why it happens though (and how to fix it) is something I'll move over to their thread to figure out.

However, do you have any ideas about why the grasslands around the KSP Space Center is a dark blue-ish colour? 

darkbluegrass.png

Cheers.

That's probably from Scatterer- There's something bugged about Space Center view where the water randomly changes altitude. If its over the space center the ground looks underwater. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

That's probably from Scatterer- There's something bugged about Space Center view where the water randomly changes altitude. If its over the space center the ground looks underwater. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll try to remove Scatterer just to check the difference. But I'm not entirely convinced that that's the culprit. I know of that issue, and I've seen it before while using Scatterer, but this seems to not be the ocean level but the actual landscape surface - usually jumping in and out of VAB will reset the Scatterer water bug but this is persistent. And it came about after I installed Spectra.           

(Spectra) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (Scatterer)

I see in the pictures that you're supposed to get to see the twilight on Kerbin (the yellowy transition from day to night from orbital view), but I can't get it. Everything else seems to be working but that twilight is by far my favorite part of any space view of a planet : I am quite sad that whatever I seem to be doing, I really can't get it to appear while it is supposed to.

So if I could receive some help, I would be grateful. And thank you for this mod, I used it on all of my instalaltions since a long time :D

On 3/11/2019 at 11:15 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

I decided to hit up the scatterer settings on your recommendation, and it appears that it is set up to use a Laythe's atmo cfg for Kerbin? I do not seem, however, to be able to alter which .cfg file it should be using (pressing load) does nothing. 

Is that a Spectra related setting?

scatterer-cfg-forkerbin.png

Edited by pseudamin

1 hour ago, pseudamin said:

I decided to hit up the scatterer settings on your recommendation, and it appears that it is set up to use a Laythe's atmo cfg for Kerbin? I do not seem, however, to be able to alter which .cfg file it should be using (pressing load) does nothing. 

Is that a Spectra related setting?

scatterer-cfg-forkerbin.png

As far as I can tell that setting is broken in Scatterer. Either that, or I'm not sure how to use it properly. Kerbin and Laythe have vastly different atmospheres in Scatterer. Does it say Laythe/Kerbin for all bodies?

4 hours ago, Quantum Jump said:

I see in the pictures that you're supposed to get to see the twilight on Kerbin (the yellowy transition from day to night from orbital view), but I can't get it. Everything else seems to be working but that twilight is by far my favorite part of any space view of a planet : I am quite sad that whatever I seem to be doing, I really can't get it to appear while it is supposed to.

So if I could receive some help, I would be grateful. And thank you for this mod, I used it on all of my instalaltions since a long time :D

Hm... What's your OS? The terminator is caused by Scatterer, specifically it's "integrate with EVE" setting. If you don't have Scatterer+EVE they won't show up sadly. The setting is enabled by default on Windows but Linux/Mac it might be disabled because of compatibility.

Hi @Avera9eJoe , I'm some having some weird things as that sometimes happens with visual mods, when forcing with dx11, so I guess spectra doesn't like it?

Also, if you don't mind, few questions: I would like to use this mod but fine tuning things for my personal use, and removing stuff I don't particularly need and want (most reasons are performances too).

For instance, for ground textures, what's the better way to remove them: simply deleting the texture file, or just kopernicus lines, or both?

Also, I would like the sun to be as in SVE, so I deleted your sunflare (inside spectra folder), but now the sun is huuge: kopernicus again I guess?

edit: I'm on win10 64bits, testing on fresh install, ksp 1.6.1

Edited by kurgut

1 hour ago, kurgut said:

Hi @Avera9eJoe , I'm some having some weird things as that sometimes happens with visual mods, when forcing with dx11, so I guess spectra doesn't like it?

Also, if you don't mind, few questions: I would like to use this mod but fine tuning things for my personal use, and removing stuff I don't particularly need and want (most reasons are performances too).

For instance, for ground textures, what's the better way to remove them: simply deleting the texture file, or just kopernicus lines, or both?

Also, I would like the sun to be as in SVE, so I deleted your sunflare (inside spectra folder), but now the sun is huuge: kopernicus again I guess?

edit: I'm on win10 64bits, testing on fresh install, ksp 1.6.1

Spectra is a visual mod based off EVE, Kopernicus, Scatterer, and TextureReplacer. To my knowledge all four of these mods have problems that occur when running with dx11. Why exactly do you want to run -force-d3d11? It was a common practice 4 years ago when KSP wasn't yet 64 bit, but I'm pretty sure the performance increase that it had is gone now that the game engine is better. Did you get the idea from this post?

As for your note to changing the textures around, feel free! Spectra is listed as MIT- you can edit it and distribute your edits as much as you like, so long as you link your source (Spectra) and don't change the license.

1 minute ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Spectra is a visual mod based off EVE, Kopernicus, Scatterer, and TextureReplacer. To my knowledge all four of these mods have problems that occur when running with dx11. Why exactly do you want to run -force-d3d11? It was a common practice 4 years ago when KSP wasn't yet 64 bit, but I'm pretty sure the performance increase that it had is gone now that the game engine is better. Did you get the idea from this post?

Thanks for your reply. Well, for me DX11 is such an old habbit, and yes, from 4 years ago and more, when I had a crappy pc. but I didn't know that it doesn't do anything useful now! ^^

1 hour ago, leatherneck6017 said:

Anyone else have a black ocean after installing the new Scatterer?

Yeah, it seemed to mess with all of Spectra. The clouds looked entirely different. Gonna post the log so someone can look through to see what could be doing it.

Log

1 hour ago, leatherneck6017 said:

Anyone else have a black ocean after installing the new Scatterer?

36 minutes ago, KaitoSSB said:

Yeah, it seemed to mess with all of Spectra. The clouds looked entirely different. Gonna post the log so someone can look through to see what could be doing it.

Log

hm... it sounds as though the update changes a number of things in Spectra's configs. In the meantime I suggest playing either without Spectra or without Scatterer, as Spectra has backup atmospheres that enable when it doesn't find Scatterer.

1 minute ago, Avera9eJoe said:

hm... it sounds as though the update changes a number of things in Spectra's configs. In the meantime I suggest playing either without Spectra or without Scatterer, as Spectra has backup atmospheres that enable when it doesn't find Scatterer.

Thanks! I don't mind playing without Scatterer for the time being, keep the amazing work up.

Just now, KaitoSSB said:

Thanks! I don't mind playing without Scatterer for the time being, keep the amazing work up.

Thank you :) I run without Scatterer most of the time nowadays, as it saves a lot of frames. Downside is I don't have sunsets or pretty water :P