[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

1 hour ago, artao5 said:

The game runs great with that mod list. But that's not the problem.
Also, I did indeed uninstall the SVE before trying to install Spectra. Didn't realize SVE Terrain isn't compatible tho.
However, the thing is, I can't even GET to the install point. Like I said, CKAN itself crashes as soon as I click the box next to Spectra. Pretty sure that doesn't have anything to do with the mods I have installed. And I mean AS SOON AS I click that box, BAM! CKAN crashes with those messages and screenshots.
Sure. I'll try another clean install. But again, it's CKAN that crashes, not KSP.

That's pretty bizarre, I can install it perfectly fine.

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

That's pretty bizarre, I can install it perfectly fine.

Well, whaddya know. I tried a fresh install, simply copying the stock Steam install to a different location, different hard drive even (where I put my modded KSP installs). I used the same copy of CKAN from my other modded install, and added the new install folder.
Whelp, Spectra installed just fine.

huh

Perhaps the crash reports from my above post would help figure out what happened there.

Regardless, I do like how Spectra looks. I'll hafta compare it to SVE to see which I prefer. I'll also start adding the mods from the other install to see if it continues to work.

Spectra includes dust storms, geysers, scatter object, etc. Yes? .... Is there any way to add rings around Jool?

4 hours ago, artao5 said:

Well, whaddya know. I tried a fresh install, simply copying the stock Steam install to a different location, different hard drive even (where I put my modded KSP installs). I used the same copy of CKAN from my other modded install, and added the new install folder.
Whelp, Spectra installed just fine.

huh

Perhaps the crash reports from my above post would help figure out what happened there.

Regardless, I do like how Spectra looks. I'll hafta compare it to SVE to see which I prefer. I'll also start adding the mods from the other install to see if it continues to work.

Spectra includes dust storms, geysers, scatter object, etc. Yes? .... Is there any way to add rings around Jool?

Curious :confused: I'm glad it's working now! And thank you for the compliment :D for rings around Kool you might need to cannibalize the config files from a different Kopernicus mod that adds them. I wasn't a fan of them myself so I never added rings to Spectra but I totally get the appeal.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

1 hour ago, jeancallisti said:

Can someone explain how this mod is labelled "1.7.x compatible" when several of its dependencies are not (e.g. Planetshine) ?

Are you referring to manual installation or CKAN? PlanetShine still works with 1.7.3 despite being labelled as outdated. Manual installation works perfectly fine but CKAN doesn't like it much :P

14 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Are you referring to manual installation or CKAN? PlanetShine still works with 1.7.3 despite being labelled as outdated. Manual installation works perfectly fine but CKAN doesn't like it much :P

Either. There are other outdated dependencies: Astronomer Visual Pack, etc. Also the thread of PlanetShine does not make it clear that it works in 1.7.3. Until you told me, I wasn't sure.

Spectra requires a lot of manual installation, it's silly. But if you're telling me that it's by design, then fine. I just wanted to be sure.

Edited by jeancallisti

At First Great Mod.

But I noticed a Problem. I have these graphical glitches on light sources.

Its a Clean Install only your mod and all you need for it.

It seems to have something to do with scatter or your scatter options, because when i remove scatter the glitch disappears.

KSP with only Scatter installed, the glitch is also not there.

GqEWw2z.jpgALMv6Ac.jpg

32 minutes ago, Sinner2784 said:

At First Great Mod.

But I noticed a Problem. I have these graphical glitches on light sources.

Its a Clean Install only your mod and all you need for it.

It seems to have something to do with scatter or your scatter options, because when i remove scatter the glitch disappears.

KSP with only Scatter installed, the glitch is also not there.

GqEWw2z.jpgALMv6Ac.jpg

Hm... I remember that being a scatterer glitch but it's interesting that it's not there when you only have scatterer installed. Could you try going into GameData/Spectra and move the scatterer configs folder out and see if it disappears? My guess is my kerbin configs are acting up.

59 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hm... I remember that being a scatterer glitch but it's interesting that it's not there when you only have scatterer installed. Could you try going into GameData/Spectra and move the scatterer configs folder out and see if it disappears? My guess is my kerbin configs are acting up.

If I remove the "Spectra_configs" folder the glitch is still there.

Out of curiosity I removed the "Spectra_scatterer" folder and the glitch is gone.

1 hour ago, Sinner2784 said:

If I remove the "Spectra_configs" folder the glitch is still there.

Out of curiosity I removed the "Spectra_scatterer" folder and the glitch is gone.

Ah so the fault is definitely in Spectra_Scatterer. I gave you the wrong directions sorry, that was the folder that I meant :blush: I'll have to update my configs then.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

11 hours ago, bombogenesis said:

Howdy...downloaded the zip file and all the dependencies listed within.  This is what I ended up with.  Any ideas? 

messedup-KSP.png

Scatterer bug. Almost certain of that. Can you remove Scatterer from your GameData and relaunch to confirm? Also, re-download Scatterer while you're at it sometimes the files corrupt and you have to grab a new download.

1 hour ago, nwillard said:

Wow, Eve looks really beautiful with this mod. The clouds look really fantastic from low orbit / higher in the atmosphere!

Thank you, Eve was the planet I wrestled with the most :)

4 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Scatterer bug. Almost certain of that. Can you remove Scatterer from your GameData and relaunch to confirm? Also, re-download Scatterer while you're at it sometimes the files corrupt and you have to grab a new download.

yeah, I will try that later tonight.  I'm not super computer literate so I may have messed something up.  If it's still not working, I will send you my folder setup.

Looks beautiful, thanks for this.

One question I play on an OLED screen which tends to have Black blacks.... On the dark side of any planetary body I can literally see nothing. No shading lights or reflection - just LED's or Windows etc. it make navigating components and the like very difficult. Is there a way to brighten up the "dark side of the moon" without ruining all you other wonderful settings ?

Thanks

This is what it made me download on CKAN if it helps to diagnose

fBXlIUE.png

SJ

I've been encountering a glitch with using Kopernicus planet packs with Spectra. I mainly use OPM, and I noticed that one of the planets, Ovok, looked like this:

Cas2KTO.png

This planet is not supposed to look like Minmus. Many of the other planets' terrain also look like Moho, Laythe, and other stock planets. I'm pretty sure I narrowed down the bug to Kopernicus_terrain.cfg as this problem appears to go away when I remove it. I think it might be because Spectra alters the stock planets' terrain in some way, and as kopernicus planets are generally use the stock planets as templates as all the custom planets' terrain look like their stock template(Ovok looks like Minmus, Slate looks like Moho, etc.) Is there any solution to this problem other than removing Kopernicus_terrain.cfg as I really like the terrain modifications that this mod makes. Thanks!

Edited by Invaderchaos

6 hours ago, serjames said:

Looks beautiful, thanks for this.

One question I play on an OLED screen which tends to have Black blacks.... On the dark side of any planetary body I can literally see nothing. No shading lights or reflection - just LED's or Windows etc. it make navigating components and the like very difficult. Is there a way to brighten up the "dark side of the moon" without ruining all you other wonderful settings ?

Thanks

This is what it made me download on CKAN if it helps to diagnose

fBXlIUE.png

SJ

Hey there! Good question, and I have this same problem too. Mess around with the 'ambient light adjustment' settings in KSP's settings (pause your game and go into settings and they're right there). I have mine set for 10% (0.1) ambient light, and 20% (0.2) for the map.

6 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

I've been encountering a glitch with using Kopernicus planet packs with Spectra. I mainly use OPM, and I noticed that one of the planets, Ovok, looked like this:

Cas2KTO.png

This planet is not supposed to look like Minmus. Many of the other planets' terrain also look like Moho, Laythe, and other stock planets. I'm pretty sure I narrowed down the bug to Kopernicus_terrain.cfg as this problem appears to go away when I remove it. I think it might be because Spectra alters the stock planets' terrain in some way, and as kopernicus planets are generally use the stock planets as templates as all the custom planets' terrain look like their stock template(Ovok looks like Minmus, Slate looks like Moho, etc.) Is there any solution to this problem other than removing Kopernicus_terrain.cfg as I really like the terrain modifications that this mod makes. Thanks!

Spectra does not work with any planet packs. It takes a lot of effort to make a stock solar system Kopernicus pack work with non-stock systems (it literally rearranges the planets), and since I don't use any solar system mods, I have no reason/drive to convert it. Sorry :( that said, you can learn and try yourself if you like, Spectra is totally free to modify.

Hi, @Avera9eJoe first of all thanks for your work :)

I got an compatibily issue with Spectra and SVT.

When Spectra is intalled without SVT no problem

When SVT is installed without Spectra no problem.

When the both are installed i Got a dark terrain arround the KSC

Is there a fix ( cuz I saw tha you said that there is an explanation about how to make them work togheter in the download file but I don't see it :) )?

Is that because the two mod load the same texture (for Kerbin i.e) and there is a over layer above each other ?

Here is some pics to explaine my problem

1567359320-screenshot182.png
1567359324-screenshot185.png
1567359323-screenshot190.png
1567359323-screenshot191.png

1567359323-screenshot192.png

Apparently mountains seems to be fine ?

Thanks for your future answer :)

1 hour ago, iceolator88 said:

Hi, @Avera9eJoe first of all thanks for your work :)

I got an compatibily issue with Spectra and SVT.

When Spectra is intalled without SVT no problem

When SVT is installed without Spectra no problem.

When the both are installed i Got a dark terrain arround the KSC

Is there a fix ( cuz I saw tha you said that there is an explanation about how to make them work togheter in the download file but I don't see it :) )?

Is that because the two mod load the same texture (for Kerbin i.e) and there is a over layer above each other ?

Here is some pics to explaine my problem

1567359320-screenshot182.png
1567359324-screenshot185.png
1567359323-screenshot190.png
1567359323-screenshot191.png

1567359323-screenshot192.png

Apparently mountains seems to be fine ?

Thanks for your future answer :)

Yo! I might have a fix, I forgot to update that readme. Can you please remove the KSPRC folder from GameData, and inside GameData/Spectra remove the Kopernicus/terrain config?

On 8/28/2019 at 1:57 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

well man, removing scatterer and reinstalling fixed the issue...but my install def still doesn't look nearly as beautiful as all these screenies I'm seeing.  Not even close actually.

5 hours ago, bombogenesis said:

well man, removing scatterer and reinstalling fixed the issue...but my install def still doesn't look nearly as beautiful as all these screenies I'm seeing.  Not even close actually.

Could you go into orbit and send a picture?