[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

3 hours ago, Alteroz said:

Hey, @Avera9eJoe, I have an idea. How about to add custom sunflare in Spectra? Stock Scatterer Sunflare looks a bit simple.

That's a possibility - in the mean time though you might be able to find a custom lense flare to put in Scatterer - @Galileo made a whole boatload of awesome custom sunflares to put in Scatterer and I bet you can find one you like :)

23 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

xD It's a bad KSP bug yeah

Btw, about bugs. ReShade conflicts with Spectra: No auroras when in use. Just saying, maybe you find time to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

@Avera9eJoe  Great project you have here. I especially love how you are working hard to make the terrain tiling invisible at all scales. Seeing tiling when landed on a planet detracts from the immersion of playing KSP imo.  I tested on a clean install, and unfortunately I can't live with the hit my frame rate takes atm (GTX 960M on a 6th gen i7 laptop here).   Hopefully some further optimization of scatterer/Kopernicus or other dependencies can help improve frame rate in the future.

1 minute ago, captainb said:

@Avera9eJoe  Great project you have here. I especially love how you are working hard to make the terrain tiling invisible at all scales. Seeing tiling when landed on a planet detracts from the immersion of playing KSP imo.  I tested on a clean install, and unfortunately I can't live with the hit my frame rate takes atm (GTX 960M on a 6th gen i7 laptop here).   Hopefully some further optimization of scatterer/Kopernicus or other dependencies can help improve frame rate in the future.

Hm, sad to say but it'd be hard for me to optimize more :L It's got a lot of mods in it to get the aesthetics it's putting out and the only way to get better FPS at this point is to remove some of those mods. Scatterer probably has the biggest effect, followed closely by terrain tiling.

14 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hm, sad to say but it'd be hard for me to optimize more :L It's got a lot of mods in it to get the aesthetics it's putting out and the only way to get better FPS at this point is to remove some of those mods. Scatterer probably has the biggest effect, followed closely by terrain tiling.

To be clear, I'm not asking or expecting you to make improvements to performance.  I understand that this visual pack is designed for higher-end rigs and it is dependent on a number of other mods.  Just expressing my hope that eventually I'll be able to run it, since what it provides is very close to my ideal for a beautified ksp. 

48 minutes ago, captainb said:

To be clear, I'm not asking or expecting you to make improvements to performance.  I understand that this visual pack is designed for higher-end rigs and it is dependent on a number of other mods.  Just expressing my hope that eventually I'll be able to run it, since what it provides is very close to my ideal for a beautified ksp. 

Ah I understand then :) And thanks for the complement! I'm glad you like the aesthetic so much :)

As an unrelated note then, this pack might serve you perhaps? It's got a fairly similar aesthetic and isn't nearly as taxing. In fact I had @panzer1b's input and help with the planet glow in Spectra.

• 2 weeks later...

Great news - prerelease v0.4 is out!

This release has added completely revamped clouds on Kerbin, as well as a new, very thin layer of clouds on Duna. However, Laythe is now void of clouds until I find the time to add them there. I'd love any and all feedback on the new Kerbin and Duna clouds. Remember once again that this is still a pre-release and so features coming and going with each release is to be expected. I hope I can get around to adding lightning and Bio-luminescence soon, but first I'll need to fix up Eve and Laythe.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

• 2 weeks later...

Alright! Surprised you dropped me down in there but thanks. I do eventually want to be set free of what KVE is doing and switch to EVE, I would have to have a beefy computer though and I just ordered a GTX 1060 so maybe that might not be to far away. Yes, I bought a GTX 1060 before nearly all other parts, which in reflection might be a bad idea but I got a crazy deal for $170 USD + free shipping to Australia.

38 minutes ago, markinturamb said:

The KSPRC folder with the kopernicus configs are missing in this last 0.4 update :P

Don't worry I've got a fix coming soon :wink:

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Cool :D

I got the one from the previous version and seemed to work well though. That is, at least when landed, but not from orbit. Is that intentional or just WIP?

for reference, left image is ksprc install and right is spectra with ksprc textures in

5fOhcms.jpg?1

Edited by markinturamb

12 minutes ago, markinturamb said:

Cool :D

I got the one from the previous version and seemed to work well though. That is, at least when landed, but not from orbit. Is that intentional or just WIP?

for reference, left image is ksprc install and right is spectra with ksprc textures in

5fOhcms.jpg?1

I think you're getting terrain textures and planet textures mixed up :P terrain textures only load outside of mapview and only when getting close to the surface. That would be his custom Mun texture :) they have a bit too much noise for my taste though.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Yeah I suspected my mistake could be just me not knowing the terminology of the texture names hehe

Great work anyway! Looking forward to see the finished project, as well the Windowshine, which I noticed the new shader seems to be going forward :D good luck!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm doing a quick evening surprise stream and showing off what's done so far of Spectra v0.6 :) Hoping to have it released shortly after Blackrack has finished updating Scatterer to v1.3, as it re-adds EVE-Integration with planet glow effects.

http://www.twitch.tv/avera9ejoe

Edited by Avera9eJoe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love this mod, I've been using it for not too long yet and I see great performance on my pc. Visually it is simpler than astronomer or andromeda, closer to Eve but with more pleasing cloud textures in Kerbin.

*Note - this is not a bug but me playing around with game files*

This is a wonderful and beautiful mod, and in the small time I've been using it, I've already managed to break it. Or would it be better to say that I've used the mod to break KSP?

NnzLQvn.gif

Along with Kerbin, every planet is now visually similar to Eeloo when being viewed from the map or at some distance from the surface. With the exception of Jool (which is now grayscale), the Mun (which was already gray), and Moho (which no longer exists),

ppQmDDw.png

Hello @Avera9eJoe,
First of all thank you for your sharing efforts.

I wanted to know, if to your knowledge, 
there was an incompatibility between your pack and VenStockRevamp? 
I'm thinking of the squad folder in TextureReplacerReplaced.
Thank you for your reply.
Edited by doudou