Avera9eJoe

[1.7.3] Spectra v1.2.3 - Visual Compilation (21th March 19)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, doudou said:

Hello @Avera9eJoe,
First of all thank you for your sharing efforts.

I wanted to know, if to your knowledge, 
there was an incompatibility between your pack and VenStockRevamp? 
I'm thinking of the squad folder in TextureReplacerReplaced.
Thank you for your reply.

If you remove the WindowShine cfg from TextureReplacerReplaced then it should work fine? If that doesn't than remove Squad folder too

8 hours ago, Tortoises said:

*Note - this is not a bug but me playing around with game files*

This is a wonderful and beautiful mod, and in the small time I've been using it, I've already managed to break it. Or would it be better to say that I've used the mod to break KSP?

NnzLQvn.gif

Along with Kerbin, every planet is now visually similar to Eeloo when being viewed from the map or at some distance from the surface. With the exception of Jool (which is now grayscale), the Mun (which was already gray), and Moho (which no longer exists),

ppQmDDw.png

xD That would be textures failing to load lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, doudou said:

It works great, beautiful work

Glad to hear :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lately, I've tried about 10 graphic assemblies, I was only delighted with yours. Many thanks, keep going, better, more)))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2017 at 10:18 AM, miromed said:

Lately, I've tried about 10 graphic assemblies, I was only delighted with yours. Many thanks, keep going, better, more)))

Thank you so much Miromed! It warms my heart knowing there are people who prefer my mod :) That being said though...

I'm not happy with the current performance impact of Spectra. It looks pretty, but if you compare Spectra to the current release of SVE you'll notice that it's far more laggy. I'm hoping to fix this sometime soon, though I have yet to find the root of the problem. It could be that it's just a far more graphic intensive mod in which case I can't do much to free up space ;P I hope I can though.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Afternoon gentlemen, I seem to having some issues with spectra. Map and far textures a not loading for me.

This is with nothing but spectra and it deps.

 

Edited by snkiz
messed up imgur link again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, snkiz said:

Afternoon gentlemen, I seem to having some issues with spectra. Map and far textures a not loading for me.

This is with nothing but spectra and it deps.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/uMcAV"><a href="//imgur.com/uMcAV"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You didn't install the KSPRC textures. Make sure you go back to the OP and install them; everything should work correctly when they're installed.

I fixed your image link too:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I fixed your image link too:

Ty How do you do that? Ya I fixed the mountains but but only up close. and the other shots still apply.

I should say I put in KSPRC terrain files that fixed the mountains.

Edited by snkiz
clarity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, snkiz said:

Ty How do you do that? Ya I fixed the mountains but but only up close. and the other shots still apply.

I should say I put in KSPRC terrain files that fixed the mountains.

I just updated the OP to make it a bit more clearer :) Go back to the download link and it should be more readable. It was a bit obscure now that I realize :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I just updated the OP to make it a bit more clearer :) Go back to the download link and it should be more readable. It was a bit obscure now that I realize :P

It was confusing to me at first Because for some reason I didn't get an empty KSPRC folder But I fixed that. I'm using the this version located here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/69702-112-ksprc-renaissance-compilation-artworks-remake-v-07-pre-release-3/

Logs Show no errors I can tell are related.

and this is my game data folder KSPRC just has the terrain folder.AepgalS.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so this will bake your noodle. When I start the game I get the terrain loading issues, regardless of the res settings. I can go into settings and change the resolution, that fixes it. I can then use whatever resolution I want, it stays fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

So is this a visual pack or a mod to make filming easy?

This one is a visual pack, though its also going to make filming easy with how it includes config files for many different visual mods. Make sense? ;P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got I working I think, had to delete my setting and physics files for some reason. I was actually trying to fix a frame capping issue. (Never thought I'd say that about ksp!) Didn't fix that still wont go faster than 60fps. Today's challenge is getting Pood's OPM-VO to play nice with it. No idea what I'm doing, but eve loads no clouds when I put it in, like it cant decide. I could use some assistance. I'd like to do an OPM career and stream it. would it help if I told the forum its my birthday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 0.8 is live :)

This update adds three major things:

  1. Major performance improvements. I'm getting around 20-30 frames more with this release.
  2. Lightning added to Eve, Jool, and Laythe. It's still WIP so I'd love any and all feedback on this!
  3. Revamped and improved clouds on Eve.

What I hope to add next: A typhoon that travels around Laythe's equator? Still need to do some tests though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Version 0.8 is live :)

This update adds three major things:

  1. Major performance improvements. I'm getting around 20-30 frames more with this release.
  2. Lightning added to Eve, Jool, and Laythe. It's still WIP so I'd love any and all feedback on this!
  3. Revamped and improved clouds on Eve.

What I hope to add next: A typhoon that travels around Laythe's equator? Still need to do some tests though.

Vall's config for glow is messed up, i suggest you set too big alpha value in color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Alteroz said:

Vall's config for glow is messed up, i suggest you set too big alpha value in color.

Huh... I didn't see that during testing. Looking into it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of which, why does Vall turn into a gumball when eclipsed? Doesn't seem to happen with other bodies with layer2D glow.

Also, SpaceDock download seems to be corrupted. Error when opening the archive and the Spectra folder is missing.

Edited by themaster401

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

Speaking of which, why does Vall turn into a gumball when eclipsed? Doesn't seem to happen with other bodies with layer2D glow.

It's on all planets with glow effects :P I think it's an issue with Scatterer trying to integrate the glow effects with it's settings. Laythe doesn't have a glow layer so you don't see it there - Vall is probably the easiest moons to see eclipsed so it's most prevalent there.

55 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

Also, SpaceDock download seems to be corrupted. Error when opening the archive and the Spectra folder is missing.

I'm uploading a new version now, actually :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

@Alteroz are you sure Vall isn't in an eclipse?

Lemme take a pic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

It's on all planets with glow effects :P I think it's an issue with Scatterer trying to integrate the glow effects with it's settings. Laythe doesn't have a glow layer so you don't see it there - Vall is probably the easiest moons to see eclipsed so it's most prevalent there.

I'm uploading a new version now, actually :)

Instead of using scatterer for eclipses with your planets with glow, use EVE. The issue won't happen. Scatterer doesn't cast eclipses correctly on volumetric clouds or what you do in spectra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Galileo said:

Instead of using scatterer for eclipses with your planets with glow, use EVE. The issue won't happen. Scatterer doesn't cast eclipses correctly on volumetric clouds or what you do in spectra.

Oh cool! I'll update that in the next release

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Oh cool! I'll update that in the next release

Be sure to remove the scatterer eclipse nodes. Other wise dual eclipses are ugly

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.