[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

2 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hey! Yes this is a bug, although it isn't fixable because of how EVE handles cloud layers. You are just about the highest cloud layer, and the layers are what is creating that abrupt line across the horizon. You could theoretically lessen it by increasing the number of cloud particles, although this TANKS your FPS. Take if from the guy who has a 1080Ti, it isn't good.

Also, if you want your posts to be a bit more readable, I suggest adding a line break after your images so that the text is on a line of its own instead of wrapping around. Helps to read :)

Thx! EVE clouds particles are also less visible long range, making a weird clear sky as far as the eye can see except at the bottom. 

Though it's also good to know my prop can reach such altitudes:kiss:

14 hours ago, VoidCosmos said:

Thanks

And is there a lite version? As I have a really bad potato PC

No lite version sadly, although Spectra is pretty well optimized to start with. If you can't run Spectra then my guess is you won't be able to run EVE/Scatterer at all :( If you are having problems with GPU temperature and FPS, try running without Scatterer installed. Scatterer uses a ton of GPU power and its a very big FPS hog. EVE is comparatively 'lite' so you should hopefully be able to run just EVE? Its worth a try with both though.

On 4/30/2020 at 11:24 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

In a nutshell,

Default eve adds:

• Cloud layers to all atmospheric bodies

Spectra adds:

• More detailed and optimized cloud layers to all atmospheric bodies
  • Auroras to all atmospheric bodies
  • Glowing bioluminescence on Laythe
  • Geysers on Minmus and Eeloo
  • Fog on Minmus and Pol
  • Dust storms on Duna
  • Ablative solar effects to Moho
  • A new sunflare
  • A new skybox (though I may remove it in the future, I've been using a different one myself recently)
  • A vibrant scifi color pallet to atmospheric effects
  • Custom ocean and atmospheres for Scatterer mod
  • Custom planet terrain textures for Kopernicus mod (Though Kopernicus isn't currently updated for 1.9 so this feature doesn't work in 1.9 saves)

I didn't know your mod was this extensive and awesome! Maybe this little excerpt ought to be on a spoiler in the original post. I feel like lots of people woud like to know this.

2 hours ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

I didn't know your mod was this extensive and awesome! Maybe this little excerpt ought to be on a spoiler in the original post. I feel like lots of people woud like to know this.

The list is down in the bottom and Included pictures in spoilers :) should add this as well?

5 hours ago, Yoloking Mapping said:

Hi there! I'm here because i want to know that why does Duna's atmosphere looks like it doesn't have scatterer? Basically it just looks like the stock one just with EVE and Spectra. Is this a bug/glitch or is this on purpose? let me know :)

Can you post a picture?

Hey Joe,

the new version of the CKAN installer appears to work. I have one small nitpick about what I can only guess is the @blackrack scatterer config: 

1) the mountains really look very washed out - for example when looking North from KSP (this was mentioned by another guy a couple posts up, as well.

2) there are mountains with a faulty scatterer effect when looking at Kerbin in orbit - screenshot here: https://imgur.com/a/LtqamU1 

Game version 1.9.1 with the latest CKAN installs of scatterer, E.V.E. and Spectra 1.25 - can you have a look at it?

Cheers

P.S. Duna looks like this for me in this fresh install: https://imgur.com/a/0rME8a2

13 minutes ago, Wowa Ilyich said:

Hey Joe,

the new version of the CKAN installer appears to work. I have one small nitpick about what I can only guess is the @blackrack scatterer config: 

1) the mountains really look very washed out - for example when looking North from KSP (this was mentioned by another guy a couple posts up, as well.

2) there are mountains with a faulty scatterer effect when looking at Kerbin in orbit - screenshot here: https://imgur.com/a/LtqamU1 

Game version 1.9.1 with the latest CKAN installs of scatterer, E.V.E. and Spectra 1.25 - can you have a look at it?

Cheers

P.S. Duna looks like this for me in this fresh install: https://imgur.com/a/0rME8a2

For issue 2):

@Avera9eJoe you can integrate this config change (hope you are doing good btw man)

1 hour ago, Wowa Ilyich said:

Hey Joe,

Cheers

Nice that's what Duna should look like for now; I may end up revamping it in the future (something got screwed up a few updates ago and I can't quite pin it yet) but this is the desired look for now :)

46 minutes ago, blackrack said:

For issue 2):

@Avera9eJoe you can integrate this config change (hope you are doing good btw man)

I'm doing well man! Been playing a ton of Sea of Thieves with my brother lately so I haven't had as much time for KSP. Still, this place is as addicting as ever. :)

So I should add 'flattenScaledSpaceMesh = 0.600000024' to every planet config? Thanks for the heads up, I'll do so in the next release (Hopefully later this week? Not sure yet)

Hi all,

I'm migrating from SVE after using it for years and heard good things about Spectra :)

I've got a clean install from 1.9.1 and have only Spectra installed from CKAN

- Spectra

- Scatterer

- PlanetShine

- Eve 

- Distant Object Enhancement

I'm noticing a bit of red / pink around the outside of Kerbin though and wasn't sure if this was intended or if i've goofed somewhere. Or if anyone knows of a way i could turn it down a notch. 

Xwv0S8w.png

0uxMqNG.png

(I removed EVE so you could see it a bit more clearly)

I had a look at a few other screenshots of Spectra and the trailer video and it didnt seem as strong but could be my eyes being weird.

I know its a minor thing but any helps appreciated :) 

3 hours ago, Squeaky said:

Hi all,

I'm migrating from SVE after using it for years and heard good things about Spectra :)

- Spectra

- Scatterer

- PlanetShine

- Eve 

I'm noticing a bit of red / pink around the outside of Kerbin though and wasn't sure if this was intended or if i've goofed somewhere. Or if anyone knows of a way i could turn it down a notch. 

Xwv0S8w.png

0uxMqNG.png

I had a look at a few other screenshots of Spectra and the trailer video and it didnt seem as strong but could be my eyes being weird.

Hello! That red hue is as intended :) I added it in the last few updates to give Kerbin a more vibrant appearance, and also to simulate a little more exaggerated realism since the earth has a slight tint to it as well seen from some pictures from space. What are your thoughts?

On 5/3/2020 at 5:51 AM, Squeaky said:

Hi all,

- Spectra

- Scatterer

- PlanetShine

- Eve 

Xwv0S8w.png

0uxMqNG.png

In my opinion, that makes Kerbin look a lot more realistic and makes Spectra a more unique visual mod. Just compare it with this image of Earth from space :) 

The-Blue-Marble-from-Apollo-17.jpg

Looks great right? :D 

Edited by Yoloking Mapping

2 hours ago, Yoloking Mapping said:

RAuXq7X.png

Doesn't look like in the trailer. I tried reinstalling Spectra, scatterer, and even EVE :P

Yeah I had some issues with Duna in the past and I'll have to revisit it to see what's up. I should have an update out hopefully soon but no promises; I just found that my most recent save is corrupted in some way and I can't load it anymore :/ I'm a bit bummed out as a result

Just now, Avera9eJoe said:

Yeah I had some issues with Duna in the past and I'll have to revisit it to see what's up. I should have an update out hopefully soon but no promises; I just found that my most recent save is corrupted in some way and I can't load it anymore :/ I'm a bit bummed out as a result

Have you tried making a new save and moving your latest quicksave to the new save. Enter that save and load the quicksave.

3 hours ago, Yoloking Mapping said:

Have you tried making a new save and moving your latest quicksave to the new save. Enter that save and load the quicksave.

That's the next option, though I think its something to do with the mods I had installed; I did some updates via CKAN and suddenly the save stopped being able to load. I'll give that a try too though, never hurts.

3 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

That's the next option, though I think its something to do with the mods I had installed; I did some updates via CKAN and suddenly the save stopped being able to load. I'll give that a try too though, never hurts.

Make sure that you duplicate the save just incase :/

14 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I'm doing well man! Been playing a ton of Sea of Thieves with my brother lately so I haven't had as much time for KSP. Still, this place is as addicting as ever. :)

So I should add 'flattenScaledSpaceMesh = 0.600000024' to every planet config? Thanks for the heads up, I'll do so in the next release (Hopefully later this week? Not sure yet)

That's good to hear!

It's on a case by case basis, some planets scaledSpace model doesn't match local terrain and you end up with that issue. So for 1.9 it's only Kerbin, so add it to Kerbin only for now.

Thanks @Avera9eJoe & @Yoloking Mapping You're both quite right.

I think i was operating under the guise of "It doesnt look like SVE so must be broken" mind set :D 

After playing till 2am though and comparing with my old SVE screenshots, your both quite right and does look more realistic.

Thanks Joe, keep up the great work ! (And every other KSP modder off course !)

5 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

CKAN doesn't show Spectra's source code and, what's more important, Spectra's dependencies aren't dependencies but just recommendations in CKAN.

These are both intended. Spectra does not have any source code since it doesn't have any coding; all it is is config files and textures. Also, Spectra doesn't need all of the dependencies to run, it only requires ModuleManager, and EVE or Scatterer or Kopernicus are needed for their respective features (Clouds, pretty atmospheres, and surface textures), but are not strictly required if you only want to use part of the mod. Additionally, Kopernicus is still not updated for 1.9, so making it a dependency would mean that Spectra would be flagged as incompatible in 1.9 :P