Going to Laythe and back with a VTOL tilt-wing SSTO!

hazard-ish

5 hours ago, GenesisPlayz said:

Woah... I would definitely like to see that.

It can be done more efficiently! He used way too many batteries and could have dropped weight with the launch craft as well as making the kerbal hold on with a small ladder part instead of giving him a seat. It would be tricky but totally doable. I will put 0.4 in when I do it so I guess for those that discover it will have a preview of that.

10 hours ago, Matchlight said:

It can be done more efficiently! He used way too many batteries and could have dropped weight with the launch craft as well as making the kerbal hold on with a small ladder part instead of giving him a seat. It would be tricky but totally doable. I will put 0.4 in when I do it so I guess for those that discover it will have a preview of that.

True, but he used the batteries because you can run very low on energy on Eeloo(In my pack even less) and an ion engine is super energy hungry. As for the ladder; I saw someone in a old version doing that and time-warp was quite tricky. But it's doable, if you have a lot of patience.

• 2 months later...

@hazard-ish, could you try to make a ssto with tilting engines at the end of the wings fully stock that works? I don't care that you cheated on the lathe tilt-wing, you still built a vtol-capable ssto. Anyone else who can help, please do. Respond, and leave a link to a video showing how in a reply. If I figure it out first, I will post the craft file.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.