Discussion on bunking of video from Hazard-ish

qzgy

The Jool aerobrake was fake as hell. I mean, you can do it, but not at an interplanetary speed and not with that particular craft. It was immediately obvious to me that it's just impossible to pull this off without cheats.

Ohh god..

I know cheating is bad,but this the way a particular user is playing the game! I play the game whatever my gamestyle is! You can't hold or sue anyone for his gamestyle!

I know right "BUT HE POSTED IT IN YETUP,YOE SILLY'' different people use cheats such as file edditing,f12,hyperedit and so on.The fact is that the cheats are used to make a video,that actually was more entertaining and beautiful just like a film! His goal was to entertain you with awesome-looking craft and/or beauty of the video and i don't think one of his goals was "'MWUAHAHAHAH I WILL BAIT THEM HAHAHHAA'''' 

It was made to amuse you with how interesting the gameplay of KSP is,when you just put a lit bit of mind and imagination. Issue with all of you,is that you all are violent and blood-thirsty critics that only want this "only realistic" content. 

I am with you @hazard-ish!

@cratercracker - correct me if I am wrong, but those who have posted here haven't been condemning him for using cheats or changing parts etc... from what I read

It's about the claim of 'stock' when experienced players can clearly make out that it wasn't done 'stock' and the obvious fact that he used cheats such as infinite fuel ... it appears to me that he was deliberately misleading his viewers wherein lies the issue

Yes, he put a lot of effort into the video to make it look good, however the video was made with the intention of misleading people which is disingenuous 

13 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

Ohh god..

I know cheating is bad,but this the way a particular user is playing the game! I play the game whatever my gamestyle is! You can't hold or sue anyone for his gamestyle!

I know right "BUT HE POSTED IT IN YETUP,YOE SILLY'' different people use cheats such as file edditing,f12,hyperedit and so on.The fact is that the cheats are used to make a video,that actually was more entertaining and beautiful just like a film! His goal was to entertain you with awesome-looking craft and/or beauty of the video and i don't think one of his goals was "'MWUAHAHAHAH I WILL BAIT THEM HAHAHHAA'''' 

It was made to amuse you with how interesting the gameplay of KSP is,when you just put a lit bit of mind and imagination. Issue with all of you,is that you all are violent and blood-thirsty critics that only want this "only realistic" content. 

I am with you @hazard-ish!

I don't disagree with you. I cheat and use HyperEdit on Emiko all the time (mostly moving around magic boulders). My point was that if you're going to use HyperEdit, or Alt-F12, or something like that in a story or video, it might be wise to include a comment or disclaimer saying so, or this exact situation could result all over again.

Opps. @DoctorDavinci ninja'd me... but I think we're on the same page  :wink:

There is a silver lining in one way. 

This is an awesome view on the scientific method.    At the core of it, KSP is a science based game.  Yes, sometimes physics decides it doesn't want to get out of bed today, but most of the time the kerbal laws of physics stay the same.   We are encouraged to design, experiment, gather data, review the data, and then refine our design.  This is wonderful that one person's claim has been peer reviewed and been found lacking.   It's a testament to the mindset of question everything and try it yourself, don't accept canon just because it's canon.  

15 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

This guy cares about one thing and one thing only, his viewer count and the profit it can bring him. Don't buy into his BS, boycott him and his channel.

Personal views aside, is it not a general rule of the scientific method to not draw a conclusion from one data point?

If it leads you to question then answer the question, do not assume intent by attributing this issue to all of his videos

2 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Personal views aside, is it not a general rule of the scientific method to not draw a conclusion from one data point?

If it leads you to question then answer the question, do not assume intent by attributing this issue to all of his videos

3 hours ago, MinimalMinmus said:

He nevertheless doesn't seem to acknowledge the other times he clearly cheated, such as the whole Tylo debacle, or the final part of the "Three times to the Mun" video.

4 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

@Rocket In My Pocket - extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

Citation requested ... what you quoted is not intrinsic evidence, just an opinion until evidence is provided

Eeer...

How about: "no fuel comsumption  at the 8:00 burn"? I think that's a preeeeetty strong evidence...

As of the tylo incident, the calculations are also on the OP's video, and even with a very generous mass, his Tylo de-orbiting burn is impossible.

Edited by MinimalMinmus

Just now, DoctorDavinci said:

@Rocket In My Pocket - extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

Citation requested ... what you quoted is not intrinsic evidence, just an opinion until evidence is provided

There is undeniable proof he cheated, he admits to cheating. Several of his videos have come under suspicion of cheating before this ever happened.

Claiming that he's cheating in order to drive up viewership is admittedly assumption on my part, but I wouldn't call it an "extraordinary" claim. In fact I find it to be quite ordinary and mundane, the simplest and most obvious reason.

I agree though, this is just my opinion; which I'm sharing with everyone here: Boycott Hazard-ish and his channel.

@MinimalMinmus - Fantastic, this is what I am talking about

Make a claim and provide the evidence .. no more, no less

For the record I wasn't doubting the claim, however nor was I doubting it

@Rocket In My Pocket - I wasn't criticising you ... I was just asking for evidence to back up your claim

Edited by DoctorDavinci

1 minute ago, DoctorDavinci said:

@MinimalMinmus - Fantastic, this is what I am talking about

Make a claim and provide the evidence .. no more, no less

For the record I wasn't doubting the claim, however nor was I doudting it

@Rocket In My Pocket - I wasn't criticising you ... I was just asking for evidence to back up your claim

No, no you are right; I can't claim to know his motivations like it's a fact.

I should also have cited some of the evidence, but in my haste; I assumed we were all familiar with the subject at hand.

This really irks me though, it shows such a blatant lack of respect for his viewers and their intelligence. To me, it comes off as trying to get more viewers and more subs at the cost of anything including integrity. Think of all the players who tried to recreate these builds/ideas, inspired by his amazing feats only to be crushed by their perceived inability to do what he did. My grandfather always said; The only thing worse than a liar is a cheat, the only thing worse than a cheat is a thief... This guy is all three.

4 hours ago, TopHeavy11 said:

I've cheated in this game a couple times, and God knows that all of you have too, so don't go hating on him. Yes, it was cheat-y and yes, it was wrong, but he obviously has a guilty conscience about it, so just forgive and forget. Don't be a hater. Don't be a hypocrite. We all like to play this game, so let's have fun, regardless of cheats and just move on.

Heck, even Scott Manley uses HyperEdit and the infinite fuel cheat to demonstrate things or skip boring parts. But Scott always says, "I've got infinite fuel turned on here," so no one gives him trouble over it. He doesn't represent what he's doing as an amazing feat that you have to see to believe.

For me, it boils down to whether I can watch the next Hazard-ish video with all these questions about how genuine it is. Personally, my answer is "no."

I dont understand all this "Hate" over a youtuber.  He is posting videos of what he does in a game.  A game that we all play, if he uses hyperedit or modified files that is on him.  It doesnt make anything anyone makes any less cool or neat.  I can say now without a shadow of a doubt that a large portion of the stuff posted in the spacecraft exchange forums wont work without some cheats, mods, edited files or hyper edit.  Some of the challenge submissions have been proven to be faked or cheated.  

This is some cat on youtube... who cares what he does.  It is for entertainment and that is it.  Scott Manley is the sameway, I like him but I dont care if he uses cheats.  

Ok, guys, let's tone it down again here. Like Deddly said, there's no need or reason for this to become a witch hunt. Discussion of a YouTuber's content is fine, calls for a boycott- or similar statements- are not.

19 minutes ago, regex said:

This entire thing is highly amusing to me on so many levels.

Indeed, somewhere between anger and fun lies the Hazardishgate.

It's not to be cynical, but seeing someone's lies getting revealed is quite fun, isn't it?

1 minute ago, cratercracker said:

I feel like this thread is for the "ohh look!,lets discuss some person harsh!" kind of maniacs.

I will say one thing:

Hazardish did something,that you dislike.

Conclusion: it's your problems 

I don't really get the logic of this sentence. Isn't law what we use to prevent as many "things we dislike" as possible? And yet, if someone steals me some cash, I dislike it, and yet I won't be laughed at if I report the incident, as a proof it's not "My own business".

Granted, here the rules are more implicit than explicit, but it's somewhat lame how someone is ready to cheat to deceit an otherwise very good community based on fun and awesome. And for what? For some kind of hubris and greed. So, I am so sorry if you like him, but it is legit to feel angry about it.

Oh, and last but not least, please stay polite. No need for ad hominem attacks about the "maniacs" that would lurk this thread.

39 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Ok, guys, let's tone it down again here. Like Deddly said, there's no need or reason for this to become a witch hunt. Discussion of a YouTuber's content is fine, calls for a boycott- or similar statements- are not.

For the record, I don't support a boycott. A boycott is an organized consumer action with a publicly stated list of demands, definitely overkill for one wayward Youtuber. I'm just sharing my own personal choice; yes, it's a fine line, hence this clarification. Anyone who is still interested in watching Hazard-ish's videos should continue doing so.

45 minutes ago, MinimalMinmus said:

It's not to be cynical, but seeing someone's lies getting revealed is quite fun, isn't it?

It's more fun watching people take things like this so seriously. I couldn't care less about some Youtuber's stock KSP "cheating".

Edited by regex