Discussion on bunking of video from Hazard-ish

qzgy

6 hours ago, Carraux said:

Seems, that Hazard-ish is back-pedaling: 

But all this won't save him. He's a cheater.

Really? So you are saying people are completely irredeemable of their mistakes?  Sure, he screwed up and tried to claim something was real that clearly wasn't, but if he changed that behavior your saying too bad?  That's more sad than the fact he cheated and put it in a video, but go ahead and cast that first stone...

14 minutes ago, regex said:

It's more fun watching people take things like this so seriously. I couldn't care less about some Youtuber's stock KSP "cheating".

Personally, don't really either, but it could be misleading to new players coming in and thinking that the Tylo and tilt wing videos are actually possible to recreate. Letting people know you're not cheating with KE readouts visible makes newer players feel more comfortable in that it can be done. 

Although, when I first saw the Tylo video when I was relatively new, it already seemed that going there and back on one fuel tank just couldn't be done.

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

Heck, even Scott Manley uses HyperEdit and the infinite fuel cheat to demonstrate things or skip boring parts. But Scott always says, "I've got infinite fuel turned on here," so no one gives him trouble over it. He doesn't represent what he's doing as an amazing feat that you have to see to believe.

This is exactly what I meant as well... using HE or Alt-F12 is fine in some cases... but you should say something when you do. 

Hazard-ish has posted in the description of his tilt-wing video "Engine stats were increased in order to make this video."

However, the fact is that this was a blatent attempt to get subscribers, deliberatly misleading viewers, while many more deserving KSP YouTubers have alot less.

Edited by CaptainTrebor

After checking the youtube comments under Hazard-ish's videos, I found many that (summarised) say: "Hazard-ish should go down!" or "Do not watch this faker!"

It says a lot about a "small" number of his fans who take his videos as if they were like Elon Musk's plans for spaceflight. This is based on my assumption, don't take my word for it, their character isn't really that strong and after their 'idol' has been exposed, they just give hate towards him and it's just sad to be honest.

I'm fully aware that he didn't announce that he had edited the files and whatnot with which he should've commented about that, but don't you think that negativity is too much for one person? He isn't an extremely important figure in society and shouldn't be treated as such. He just has good skills in KSP, both real and trickery...

Hazardish never hurt people nor betrayed people in his videos for money or the like.
He just "cheated" at some point(s) a bit and was sure aware that some people get aware of this.

This is somehow like my relationship to my cats (two of them):

"Do my cats know that i care for them? Do my cats know anything at all?? Am i a slave to my pets without being aware of it??? Do my cats care about me when i am at work making money to feed them???? Who am i?????"

"Hazardish" sounds like a good name for a cat. This is my conclusion. Sorry all. I really don`t want to derail this.
But i had to. Ups.

Edited by Mikki
Typo 8D

13 minutes ago, Mikki said:

Hazardish never hurt people nor betrayed people in his videos for money or the like.
He just "cheated" at some point(s) a bit and was sure aware that some people get aware of this.

This is somehow like my relationship to my cats (two of them):

"Do my cats know that i care for them? Do my cats know anything at all?? Am i a slave to my pets without being aware of it??? Do my cats care about me when i am at work making money to feed them???? Who am i?????"

"Hazardish" sounds like a good name for a cat. This is my conclusion. Sorry all. I really don`t want to derail this.
But i had to. Ups.

[OT] Are you aware that you are a slave of your cats? In case you have any doubt, yes, you are a slave for them. [/OT]

Edited by Nansuchao

1 minute ago, Nansuchao said:

[OT] Are you aware that you are a slave of your cats? In case you have any doubt, yes, you are a slave for them. [/OT]

Oh,... okay... Well then. I... I feel okay with that. 

4 hours ago, MinimalMinmus said:

Eeer...

How about: "no fuel comsumption  at the 8:00 burn"? I think that's a preeeeetty strong evidence...

As of the tylo incident, the calculations are also on the OP's video, and even with a very generous mass, his Tylo de-orbiting burn is impossible.

You know, I watched that video... and I don't normally watch anybody's videos (sorry folks). The ending had me seriously thinking "no way". I'm not surprised to find my gut feeling was right. I don't believe it sheds a negative light on the game itself nor the community, although it is raising an eyebrow over the fact that Squad staff hyped the video in the first place.

As for my future of watching YouTube videos, I'll stick with Vanoss and crew doing ridiculous idiotic funny stuff... and of course, Авто Страсть. :wink:

I just don't understand the hostility towards the guy. I guess I'm just too old to care. I have more important things to care about then whether or not a guy faked something in a video game. Geezus. It really shouldn't bother anyone so bad that you are calling for everyone else to boycott his videos. If it does you should probably reevaluate your life.  This guy posted a video that you can watch for free or not. If it being faked ruined your day....whoa. And who cares if it leads new players astray? They will figure it out on their own that this isn't possible much like the rest of us. It doesn't make the game any less enjoyable. 

I feel like a lot of people in here just found out Santa Claus isn't real...

Edited by Galileo

It's hard to find anything to like in this mess. I dislike the dishonesty in that video; you try to accurately represent what you've done, and that was clearly dishonest. On the other hand, there's been some substantial over-reactions; while in general he betrayed a community's expectations with these videos... in the end, it's some Youtube videos about a game.

I suspect the pressure of coming out with fresh content on such a rapid schedule just got to him, and he got trapped in a stressful feedback loop. My recommendation there would be just to step away from it for a bit, and maybe come back later if he wound up doing any cool things in KSP, treating it as a "I'll share the things I've done" instead of trying to be a consistent entertainment channel.

Apparently, an interview explaining what happened was posted today, kinda clearing up what happened.

Honestly, it is admirable that he does this interview explaining what happened. It seems to me that it was an honest mistake that kinda spiraled out of control, and he regrets misleading people. Draw your own conclusions.

I have a design for a 3 part SSTA. Command seat, Oscar B tank, and finally the power house, the spark. With this configuration I will be able to land on moho, return to kerbin, land on eve, return to kerbin, land on duna, return to kerbin, land on dres, return to kerbin, land on jool and its muns and return to kerbin without refueling!* Sounds impressive? well read the fine print, it's much less impressive, that's my issue here, I was impressed by what I thought I saw someone do but the smoke has settled and now am feeling very blase. I will never be able to watch his videos as educational or inspirational again, I will never be in awe of his accomplishments. While this is saddening, it is his loss not any of ours, he should be angry about this loss of wonder and inspiration his videos created but no longer ever will.  

*part files have been edited to weigh .00000001t and engine isp was modified to 1,000,000. part heating was also disabled. indestructible parts were enabled. 

EDIT: why did I ever do such a suicidal rant..

So I thought he has been lying throughout all his videos, like some people does to grab money. Still, no need to be serious on just an youtuber. Lying is bad, it's just that. 'You should not believe anything on internet', even more when there is hardly a proof.

Besides. In my opinion, some of those people who posted the bad replies were to have fun. Some of them relieve their stress looking at the resulted pain, while justifying themselves. It gets worse as they usually take it light.

Or maybe they are role-playing? I don't know.

Edited by Reusables

I've just watched Matt's video last night, and honestly, I'm not particularly surprised. Especially when I saw the VTOL uses rapiers as the main thrusters, I knew that this is pretty much absurdly implausible (my attempt at making SSTO Matt Lowne's style plummet into the ocean instead of going into orbit (and I'm using far more rapiers (18 of them, not counting other engines like 4 whiplash and 10 modded engines) and it's not even VTOL) . I've been playing KSP for a long time and my recent 'honest' (aka unmodded and no cheating) accomplishment is just landing a probe on duna (and that's after a miscalculation on minmus trajectory). But I'm happy with that (obviously, with mods, I can go all the way to eelo)

Personally, I don't mind cheating in KSP or using modded parts (mainly for testing contraptions), it's all for fun anyway. But to see a famous youtuber like hazardish doing something like this is quite sad. It's ok to post your video about your accomplishments in KSP, no matter how outlandish it is. It's fine if you cheat or mod the game, but when you post it to public you had to clearly say that you modded/cheat the game instead of saying it's stock. This could mislead new players trying to replicate your effort legitimately using stock parts without any hope of succeeding

I hope this could be a lesson for him. Personally, I hope he's changed after this, into a better self that most of us recognize in the past. Sure, KSP is a single player game, its ok to cheat, even Danny2462 and Scott Manley did it, but they clearly said that they deliberately using it, not to fake a video and post it, then claiming it's stock. It's ok to post such a video as long as you admit what did you do to make it possible by listing mod/cheats used. Hope this could be a lesson for us to make this community better than before

Edited by ARS
Typo

28 minutes ago, Theysen said:

To prevent this SQUAD should make the game files inaccessible for the user or implement anti cheat :) /s

A game only needs anti-cheats if it has multiplayer. That's where cheating is actually a problem. Not being able to access game files would be pointless. I find cheating in KSP perfectly fine, as long as you tell people that you cheated in your video.

4 hours ago, Theysen said:

To prevent this SQUAD should make the game files inaccessible for the user or implement anti cheat :) /s

You can kiss the vast majority of mods goodbye then.  

You cannot cheat in this game.  There are practically no rules.  The only rules I play by are self imposed ones, and they're more like "guidelines".

4 hours ago, Jack Joseph Kerman said:

A game only needs anti-cheats if it has multiplayer. That's where cheating is actually a problem. Not being able to access game files would be pointless. I find cheating in KSP perfectly fine, as long as you tell people that you cheated in your video.

8 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

You can kiss the vast majority of mods goodbye then.  

You cannot cheat in this game.  There are practically no rules.  The only rules I play by are self imposed ones, and they're more like "guidelines".

Guys, guys sorry.  I thought /s was known to imply the end of a sarcastic statement, keep calm please. :D