Any Mods With Two man Capsules?

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a 1.25m two man capsule.  I've looked through a lot of threats on this forum, but they are all quite dated and what is suggested is either no longer available or not been updated to run on the latest version of KSP.

I'm not too bothered about what it looks like, so whether it resembles stock or something like Gemini (my favourite RL space capsule BTW) is unimportant.

I did find some fabulous looking parts produced by Orionkerbin under the banner Corvus, but they haven't been updated in ages unfortunately... ;.;

Any help will be very much appreciated.

You can look in Nertea's Nearfuture compilation. His 2 man pod is one of the best i know (from NF Spacecrafts) i think it is your format.

The Salamander from USI is a 2 man too.

Or for airplanes B9 have many too.

All above as examples.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

PS: i am not realy sure but i think Kerbal Archeological institute have some old one?

Edited by Urses

Wow guys... I forgot to select the "Notify me of replies" option and thought nobody had responded.

And your answers couldn't be more timely as I just picked up two contracts to take four tourists to Mun and rescue a Kerbal who's stuck in a Munar orbit.  Rather than having to haul an extra passenger compartment a two man capsule would be very useful for combining bot missions.

Lots of suggestions here and lots for me to look into a little more deeply.

Thanks everyone for such helpful advice! :)

OK update time!

I downloaded the Bluedog Design Bureau package, how could anyone look at what you get and not be impressed?  The lander is absolutely gorgeous and the Gemini capsule (my favourite space craft of all time) is pure magic... even if it has that missing rivet! :D  Unfortunately the sheer scale and scope of what you get with that mod I found a bit overwhelming.  Next time I start a career I'll definitely use those parts, but for now something much simpler is needed.

So I removed that mod and decided to try the K2 capsule instead, and what a delightful little thing it is!  What Fourfa said is absolutely right, it really is a gem and you just have to love the interior view.

So I've finally got my two man pod I've been after for quite some time.  I just can't suss out why Squad don't include one as stock in the first place.

Thanks to everyone for answering and see you on the launchpad! :) 

On 21/04/2017 at 9:34 AM, The Flying Kerbal said:

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a 1.25m two man capsule.  I've looked through a lot of threats on this forum, but they are all quite dated and what is suggested is either no longer available or not been updated to run on the latest version of KSP.

I'm not too bothered about what it looks like, so whether it resembles stock or something like Gemini (my favourite RL space capsule BTW) is unimportant.

I did find some fabulous looking parts produced by Orionkerbin under the banner Corvus, but they haven't been updated in ages unfortunately... ;.;

Any help will be very much appreciated.

I have a three-kerbal 1.25m capsule, or is that not kosher? :P

fOKGF9M.png

Edited by Beale

59 minutes ago, Beale said:

It's kosher as long as our little green heroes have room to breath. :D

I took a few minutes to watch your video, those are really excellent and I'll definitely be having a closer look when (if) I manage to unlock all the tech tree in my current game which is when I will consider this game completed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.