[RSS]Terrain issue

Have RSS installed, and a lot of other realistic mod (but without RO itself).

The problem is:

ro09sEO.jpg

the ksc building seems like always having some kind of terrain issue, like above. each ksc building module dose not have a consistent ground level.

iD7NmKf.jpg

and sometime the runway just spawn underground and my plane just boom

6nQuVCi.jpg

sometime the physic hitbox and the terrain texture does not match with each other, so the wheels sit either over or partially underground

52qF87e.jpg

Gaps like this can be seem across the whole planet

Not sure if it is just my problem or anyone using RSS have the same issue?

RSS and all other mod installed according to instructions.

So, is there anyone know why there is such problem?

• 4 weeks later...

This is a stock issue with KSP v1.2+

there are many many many threads that talk about the terrain seam issues. The problem is made worse in rescaled systems. 

Fortunately, Squad has fixed the issue in the prerelease and it will be fixed in 1.3 100%. 

But, since kopernicus is version locked to 1.2.2, you will have to just deal with it until 1.3 comes out.

Edited by Galileo

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2017 at 9:21 AM, Galileo said:

This is a stock issue with KSP v1.2+

there are many many many threads that talk about the terrain seam issues. The problem is made worse in rescaled systems. 

Fortunately, Squad has fixed the issue in the prerelease and it will be fixed in 1.3 100%. 

But, since kopernicus is version locked to 1.2.2, you will have to just deal with it until 1.3 comes out.

I still have significant runway gaps with KSP 1.3 and Kopernicus latest version. The gaps are in the same places as always. I thought KSP 1.3 was going to solve this. Or is it that Kopernicus hasn't fixed it on their end yet? Thanks.

Edited by Observe

3 hours ago, Observe said:

I still have significant runway gaps with KSP 1.3 and Kopernicus latest version. The gaps are in the same places as always. I thought KSP 1.3 was going to solve this. Or is it that Kopernicus hasn't fixed it on their end yet? Thanks.

Full scale systems like RSS will still have seams unfortunately. Ksp limitation, not kopernicus.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.