The Kerbal Expeditions

VektorWorlds

We choose to go to Laythe, and do the other things, not because it is easy, but because it is FUN!

The Kerbal Expeditions is a stock alike, sandbox save (currently planned for a total of 29 missions, including epilogue mission) in which I will visit Duna, Laythe, Jool, Ike, Eve, and Gilly for the first time post-1.0. Kerbals will land and return from Duna, Laythe, Ike, and Gilly. This plan will stretch my KSP skills to their limits and back as I strive to make good-looking interplanetary ships - and I hope we both have fun doing it. :D

(reason why it's not career - i have troubles with Bluedog Design Bureau and their SRBs and adapters I just can't live without anymore.)

MOD LIST (off the top of my head, at least the mods that I plan to use)

• Bluedog Design Bureau
  • Tantares (for some station parts?)
  • Procedural Parts
  • ProbesPlus
  • Trajectories!
  • Kerbal Engineer
  • Kerbal Alarm Clock

Table of Contents;

1. A New Beginning - Page 1 (doesn't count as mission)
Edited by VektorWorlds

Year 0, Day 0.

~A New Beginning~

Ever since 1.0, no Kerbal has dared step beyond the bounds of Kerbin's SOI. But today, we begin the first steps to change this. How may you ask? With the launch of a brand new rocket - the Goddard III.

16cc62502b0d4958a4ba37f09fbcb11d.pngde68fe9d5a7b43ba8dda5ffade39091d.png

Edited by VektorWorlds

Prologue

Since time immemorial, Kerbals have reached for the stars. Sometimes they have failed, sometimes they have succeeded. But every time, they have tried. From the earliest flights on the original line of Goddard rockets in 0.90 (which definitely could not fly whatsoever in the new aero) there have been failures as well as successes. But Kerbals themselves have never ventured beyond Minmus - never ventured into the inky black void.

But that will all change soon.

*DISCLAIMER - I did send a manned flight to Duna in 0.90, but it looked horrendous and I used MJ for pretty much all of it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.