Avery616

What would you do?

Recommended Posts

Avery616    70

So picture this. Your sitting on your couch reading. When all the sudden you hear a thud in your backyard. You walk into the back only to see 3 green humanoids and a white capsule. what do you do? I would probably hug em and give them snacks.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dangerhamster    481

Hopefully they will have used F5 before landing so I don't have to explain to the missus why her car is flat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheEpicSquared    1887

I'd boot up KSP, show them the game and say, "Ha! Humans made you! Therefore we have control over you! Now give us the secret to your rockets!" 

:D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kerbinorbiter    294

i would first: contact squad then Real life would crash id re-boot real life and say "MOAR SCIENCE!" but then id think why am i NOT reading orbital mechanics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Foxster    2430
6 hours ago, Avery616 said:

So picture this. Your sitting on your couch reading. When all the sudden you hear a thud in your backyard. You walk into the back only to see 3 green humanoids and a white capsule. what do you do? I would probably hug em and give them snacks.:D

Oh, you've had this happen to you too? 

My rear is still sore from their (and their probe's) last visit to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
V7 Aerospace    337

I'd quickly go find an oxygen supply, or else they'd have to breath the toxic, pollen-bacteria-dirt mixture in the air. And maybe find a way of bringing them sterilised snacks...

Poor creatures would have no protection against any earth bacteria. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd send an email STRAIGHT to NASA about these guys! Like pick up your game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadow Wolf56    169

I'd walk outside, quickly get a camera and then ask"how the hell did you guys get here!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cubinator    3515

My standard extraterrestrial intelligence encounter procedure (in the event communication with other humans is not possible) goes like this: 

1. Ensure it is safe to approach

2. Show them our mathematical system in the hopes of communicating with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adsii1970    4424
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Avery616 said:

So picture this. Your sitting on your couch reading. When all the sudden you hear a thud in your backyard. You walk into the back only to see 3 green humanoids and a white capsule. what do you do? I would probably hug em and give them snacks.:D

Ask them to take me back with them... if they are friendly. Maybe even offer them some homemade corn bread and some iced tea.

If they aren't friendly, see how they taste with a splash of barbecue sauce and cooked medium well... and take their space ship for my own...

Edited by adsii1970

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
qzgy    1764

Poke them with a stick. If they are responding (which means, not dead). I might hand them a note on said stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MinimalMinmus    256

The expected:I sneak on the return craft, 'cause Kerbin is awesome, especially for eclipses

The reality: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MinimalMinmus said:

The expected:I sneak on the return craft, 'cause Kerbin is awesome, especially for eclipses

The reality: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

Right, because they didn't make a gigantic fourth seat for a human. 

If they went to plant a flag in my yard, I'd turn my yard into a mini golf course. The KSP flag would be the 18th hole. I have two acres, I can chop down some trees, they'll all be knocked down when they blast off anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Razorforce7    59
16 hours ago, Avery616 said:

So picture this. Your sitting on your couch reading. When all the sudden you hear a thud in your backyard. You walk into the back only to see 3 green humanoids and a white capsule. what do you do? I would probably hug em and give them snacks.:D

When we hear a Thud you mean (This >) 110px-Mk-55_Radial_mount_engine.png

Since it would be obviously Kerbals and they are visiting, well, me, I assume they do the introductions. If not I'll stare at them until they make a move. Sure I can hug them. And while I'm a brave man it would be bravely stupid.
They could have diseases, have ill intentions or kidnap me when being to assertively aproached by me.
I would probably look for a way to communicate properly first, then perhaps look for a physical aproach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The_Rocketeer    1346
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, V7 Aerospace said:

Poor earth bacteria would have no protection against them.

Fixed that for you :wink:

The smart thing to do would be to record a message of personal welcome but social warning, so they'd understand they better go before someone decides to cut one of them up "for science". Said message would need to be in reversed Spanish, of course. Hopefully they'd build a deep burrow real fast, or else they'd get rescued real soon.

Edited by The_Rocketeer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kBob    191
Posted (edited)

Get a prescription for an anti-psychotic.  Or wake up.

Edited by kBob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
steve_v    1125
17 hours ago, Avery616 said:

You walk into the back only to see 3 green humanoids and a white capsule. what do you do?

Hand them each a beer.. for *science*.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Avery616    70
3 hours ago, Finnan said:

Tell them their craft need moar boasters.

exactly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Triop    3713

I don't have a backyard...

 

I was so hoping to meet Jeb....;.;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Find a ladder to get them down because their capsule would probably be hanging from the parachute tangled in one of the many trees behind my house. Ask them what the secret is to their 100% efficient closed loop life support systems. And other stuff.

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Firemetal    652

I'd invite them in and make them supper. Then I'd start up KSP and play it with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
qzgy    1764
3 hours ago, Firemetal said:

Then I'd start up KSP and play it with them.

To really weird them out, replicate this situation in KSP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ultimate Steve    2215

1. Scream.

2. Run inside the house while screaming.

3. Hope my parents/sister aren't home.

4. Dial 9-1.

5. Hold my finger above the "1" button and hesitate.

6. Put the phone down.

7. Google "English to Kerbal translator"

8. ???

9. Profit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now