What would you do?

Avery616

So picture this. Your sitting on your couch reading. When all the sudden you hear a thud in your backyard. You walk into the back only to see 3 green humanoids and a white capsule. what do you do? I would probably hug em and give them snacks.:D

6 hours ago, Avery616 said:

So picture this. Your sitting on your couch reading. When all the sudden you hear a thud in your backyard. You walk into the back only to see 3 green humanoids and a white capsule. what do you do? I would probably hug em and give them snacks.:D

Oh, you've had this happen to you too? 

My rear is still sore from their (and their probe's) last visit to me. 

I'd quickly go find an oxygen supply, or else they'd have to breath the toxic, pollen-bacteria-dirt mixture in the air. And maybe find a way of bringing them sterilised snacks...

Poor creatures would have no protection against any earth bacteria. 

My standard extraterrestrial intelligence encounter procedure (in the event communication with other humans is not possible) goes like this: 

1. Ensure it is safe to approach

2. Show them our mathematical system in the hopes of communicating with them.

7 hours ago, Avery616 said:

Ask them to take me back with them... if they are friendly. Maybe even offer them some homemade corn bread and some iced tea.

If they aren't friendly, see how they taste with a splash of barbecue sauce and cooked medium well... and take their space ship for my own...

Edited by adsii1970

2 hours ago, MinimalMinmus said:

The expected:I sneak on the return craft, 'cause Kerbin is awesome, especially for eclipses

The reality: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

Right, because they didn't make a gigantic fourth seat for a human. 

If they went to plant a flag in my yard, I'd turn my yard into a mini golf course. The KSP flag would be the 18th hole. I have two acres, I can chop down some trees, they'll all be knocked down when they blast off anyway!

16 hours ago, Avery616 said:

When we hear a Thud you mean (This >) 110px-Mk-55_Radial_mount_engine.png

Since it would be obviously Kerbals and they are visiting, well, me, I assume they do the introductions. If not I'll stare at them until they make a move. Sure I can hug them. And while I'm a brave man it would be bravely stupid.
They could have diseases, have ill intentions or kidnap me when being to assertively aproached by me.
I would probably look for a way to communicate properly first, then perhaps look for a physical aproach.

10 hours ago, V7 Aerospace said:

Poor earth bacteria would have no protection against them.

Fixed that for you :wink:

The smart thing to do would be to record a message of personal welcome but social warning, so they'd understand they better go before someone decides to cut one of them up "for science". Said message would need to be in reversed Spanish, of course. Hopefully they'd build a deep burrow real fast, or else they'd get rescued real soon.

Edited by The_Rocketeer

Find a ladder to get them down because their capsule would probably be hanging from the parachute tangled in one of the many trees behind my house. Ask them what the secret is to their 100% efficient closed loop life support systems. And other stuff.

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.